It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional people are not spiritually evolved people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

The yogi masters of India are not emotional, you cannot master your mind if you cant even master your emotion.

To master your emotion does not mean to be void of emotion.

You have a long path in front you.

Try to judge and generalize less and your path might not be as long as if you do.

You see these emotional airy-fairy hippy types dressed in lose soft clothes "feeling at one with nature",often spontaneously crying overcome by some "spiritual" feeling. These emotional hippy types unfortunately are often teachers and only teach their followers to become more emotional.

Let me use an example of ....... lets say basketball, how does one master or become efficient in making baskets and other parts of the game if they do not practice and experience all the game has to offer?

How does one become a master of their emotions if they deny their emotion's?

Sorry but your path to wherever you believe you are going is a lot further than you can imagine if this you see things.

By emotional people I am not talking about the level of emotion in the average person but those who are overly emotional, they are never spiritually evolved people because their entire life is ruled by this base animal nature. In the same way a very sensual person (often a nice way of saying a slutty person) is never a spiritually evolved person for the same reason they operate on a lower animal wavelength then even the average human.

There is no average human, humanity is too diverse to find an average and if one is found it changes from generation to generation, it changes as the world changes which is a constant change.

The photo of the hippy's in the op are hugging trees and crying, would that suggest a mastery or would it indicate that in fact they are less evolved spiritually then even the average human.

None, it suggests what it shows a love of nature.

To try and imply that one knows how spiritually evolved any one of the people are in the picture by simply looking at the picture alone is arrogance at one of the highest levels.

People are diverse, to judge a persons soul and how evolved that soul might be based on one physical act is ignorance at one of the highest levels.

I have seen people dancing go completely out of control, shaking and almost fitting get to know these people and you will find their emotions rule their whole outlook.

And if they were in control of how things were the earth would be a more loving place instead of chaos of war due to the sociopaths and psychopaths that call the shots.

No need to get all emotional

Your thread leads me to believe this about one person, maybe a girlfriend who thought they were spiritually evolved and cheated on you, this thread is to make you feel better.

No need to get emotional

edit on 6-6-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I share your dissatisfaction with people who reflect emotion untempered by reason.
But, dissatisfaction is, itself, a feeling which you have expressed (and, methinks you have too much of it).

Reductio Ad Absurdum --
Suppose you are correct is asserting that (A) "emotional people are not spiritually evolved people, the spiritually evolved are not emotional people."

What follows from this: (B) to be maximally spiritually evolved is to have no emotion.

That would entail that (C) machines (which are, by definition, non-spiritual physical things only) are the most spiritually evolved entities possible.

Obviously, non-spiritual things can't be spiritually evolved (that is, C is false).

Reductio - since (A) logically entails (C) - an obvious falsehood , (A) must itself be false.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Emotions are good to have, it is good to feel the highs as well the lows and all that is in between, however, it is not good to "hippie" out and go to a festival barefoot and hug trees in front of hundreds and sit in lotus position and cry and try to get others to do the same...these emotions should be felt, but not in public. IF you can feel sorrow and cry by yourself, you have conquered that emotion. NO need to garner attention.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Your thread leads me to believe this about one person, maybe a girlfriend who thought they were spiritually evolved and cheated on you, this thread is to make you feel better.

No need to get emotional

Your emotions are leading you to jump to false conclusions, please try to control your emotions!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: birdxofxprey

I share your dissatisfaction with people who reflect emotion untempered by reason.
But, dissatisfaction is, itself, a feeling which you have expressed (and, methinks you have too much of it).

Reductio Ad Absurdum --
Suppose you are correct is asserting that (A) "emotional people are not spiritually evolved people, the spiritually evolved are not emotional people."

What follows from this: (B) to be maximally spiritually evolved is to have no emotion.

That would entail that (C) machines (which are, by definition, non-spiritual physical things only) are the most spiritually evolved entities possible.

Obviously, non-spiritual things can't be spiritually evolved (that is, C is false).

Reductio - since (A) logically entails (C) - an obvious falsehood , (A) must itself be false.

You are not your feelings, you are not your thoughts, your true nature is above feeling and thought. In meditation one observes these feelings, thoughts and images but lets them go.

An emotional person on the other hand cant even meditate because their high emotions will catch them like a leaf in the wind and take them.
edit on 6-6-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Well, now you're making a very different claim.
Initially, you asserted that spiritually evolved people are not emotional.
Now, however, you say that spiritually evolved people do not identify with their emotions.

But of course, people can be emotional without identifying with their emotions.
In fact, the only way that one's feelings can be observed (meditatively, as you suggest) is if one actually has feelings.

So, which are you claiming?
That spiritually evolved people are not emotional?
or
That spiritually evolved people are emotional (without identifying with their emotions)?

It doesn't seem you could have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

the key thing here is "being in control of your emotions"

I don't think you "control" your emotions.

It's more like you rise above them or separate from them, like putting yourself (or them) in a different place or state of mind.

I think emergency personnel probably do this.
edit on 6-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

however, it is not good to "hippie" out and go to a festival barefoot and hug trees in front of hundreds and sit in lotus position and cry and try to get others to do the same...these emotions should be felt, but not in public.

same could be said for the exact opposite, both would be opinions of differing minds.

Is any one good or bad, again that would an opinion of an individual.

Its not good in your opinion, why?

Does that type of behavior make you feel uncomfortable?

F you can feel sorrow and cry by yourself, you have conquered that emotion.

In my opinion its not conquering that emotion but simply experiencing it.

If one can cry in public maybe they have 'conquered' the feelings of embarrassment that many others have instead of trying to garner attention.

Maybe they are trying to garner attention, the attention of those that find embarrassment at expressing their feelings in public places.

To make one conclusion and rule out all the other possible reasons emotions are expressed and where they are expressed could indicate an insecurity one has that tries to conclude such.

Emotions are good to have, it is good to feel the highs as well the lows and all that is in between

Its also great to express those to a wider audience to minimize explosive emotional reactions.

How its expressed can make others uncomfortable or can make others more understanding of said emotional actions

One can be void of emotion and do horrible things to another the same as one can hold in their emotion until they erupt like a volcano and harm those around them when they explode.

Its not bad to express ones emotion, doesn't matter where it is, its how one expresses their emotion that can have a lasting effect on those around them.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

No need to get emotional

Your emotions are leading you to jump to false conclusions, please try to control your emotions!

I made no conclusions, beliefs and conclusions can be miles apart.

No thanks, I let my emotions free, trying to control something that shouldn't be controlled only leads to more negativity than there should be, it creates an unbalance.

What I mean, if sorrow should be felt but one can control their emotions is it positive to deny such a emotion?

You thread about evolved spirituality seems to be very unbalanced, in my belief and opinion an evolved spirituality understands the need for balance, hence why believe you have long path ahead of you.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am sure someone mentioned already the greatest spiritual leaders such as Jesus were sometimes very emotional, including everything from sadness to anger.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: birdxofxprey

Well, now you're making a very different claim.
Initially, you asserted that spiritually evolved people are not emotional.
Now, however, you say that spiritually evolved people do not identify with their emotions.

But of course, people can be emotional without identifying with their emotions.
In fact, the only way that one's feelings can be observed (meditatively, as you suggest) is if one actually has feelings.

So, which are you claiming?
That spiritually evolved people are not emotional?
or
That spiritually evolved people are emotional (without identifying with their emotions)?

It doesn't seem you could have it both ways.

In my opinion firstly if you were to ask the parents of these people they would tell you that they have been very emotional since they were kids, prone to temper tantrums, crying, throwing things, getting overly excited and running into doors, hitting other children in temper tantrums, lack concentration etc

When they get older they learn that their high emotions are not welcome so they repress them whilst in public however, add music, alcohol or put them in a group of similar people and expect emotional fireworks.

So firstly some people are like that from birth. Spiritually advanced people firstly have lighter emotions and secondly they learn to even master these so that they are in control of their destiny

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

My point is...the need to garner attention with your emotions is not healthy

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

i see your point, and makes sense. Maybe to get to this stage people need to learn to accept and love themselves. This is a good start before you can geniunly love others.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

i think you are right- i was watching a spirutual Asian guy using Chi. He said its easy it just takes meditation and to be in control of your emotions.

the key thing here is "being in control of your emotions"

i feel everyone becoming spiritual would be a horrible nightmare for TPTB -
it is very Hard for humans to be fully incontrol of emotions. the way the system is setup
Always stressing about money
Stressing at home with partners and children
Having a stressfull job, dont enjoy your job
can you afford rent this week
Jealousy
Envy
etc etc etc

Unti you can grasp the above and not let it phase you then you are 90% of becomming spiritual. but its a hard task. i dont claim i am spiritual but i have an idea of how to be if i put my mind to it from research.

Animals probably more spiritual than us, they get to live in their natural habbibats and be themseves and thrive - humans cannot thrive as we are always suppressed and being told what to do.

That's totally true!
edit on 6-6-2016 by Kennethy77 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

i see your point, and makes sense. Maybe to get to this stage people need to learn to accept and love themselves. This is a good start before you can geniunly love others.

I've been on both sides. I'm one of those who feels like the "got dropped off on the wrong planet". I had OBEs and Psychic type experiences since first memory. I was a totally confused mess that just didn't fit. In one of my OBEs a man came to me and told me I had one foot in the spiritual world, and one foot in the physical world. I was trying to return to the spiritual world. He made me stay.

Fortunately, I was raised with metaphysics and power of positive thought.

It took me a while, but I figured it out.

You can't make realistic, logical, practical decisions from an emotional state. Its too vulnerable of a position to come from.

Controlling anything, especially emotions, is energy draining. Instead - - you separate from them.

They're still there. You can pull them into play anytime you want.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Your thesis is much more clear to me now, thanks.
Whether it is accurate or useful is another matter...

"Spiritually advanced people firstly have lighter emotions and secondly they learn to even master these so that they are in control of their destiny"

You appear to be claiming that spirituality is evidenced essentially by the ability to control one's "destiny."
Assuming people have destinies, why should we think that they can be controlled by mastering emotion?
Wouldn't a skillful manipulation of the material conditions of existence be more useful for achieving that end?
Controlling one's destiny is one skill, mastering one's emotions is another.
Couldn't the former be cultivated independently of the latter?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: birdxofxprey

I think you are reading into my statement of controlling destiny a little too deep. What I mean by this is that if you are controlled by your emotions you have no idea where they will take you like a leaf in the wind. That is what I meant by controlling destiny and no deeper than that. You must become the master of you!

edit on 6-6-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well of course emotional ppl can be spiritually awakened, there are things in world that have different meanings to ppl so no matter how evolved u are u can and most likely will feel strong about something. Trees, forest and generally the nature obviously should have strong part in all of us living creatures and the method we are cutting em down should actually worry us all. U know it takes more spirit to stand for trees and forest front of the man and machine that is trying to cut it down without having so much of an emotional view of hes doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join