It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotional people are not spiritually evolved people

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

"I think I love you.

Thanks for stating that."

Well, apparently your overly-emotional feelings of love are an indication of how utterly unspiritual you are.
edit on 5-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here's one for you... qualify spiritual, and emotional....

We're all emotional people, and most of us have some sense of the spiritual depending on how we choose to see it.

I mean seriously, nobody has a rule on what is and isn't spiritual, but I do think overly sensitive people that can't balance their emotions with reason are not too well-rounded, and lack a certain meta-perspective... it is pretty funny seeing how much of what ... let's say "new-age" people ( it's a generalization, chill out! ) claim to got they appear to in fact lack in full.

Oh well, I think we're all trying to better ourselves and balance out over our lifespan. We start out with strengths, weaknesses, and we don't end much any different. Just a different scoring through time. Not much about the number, thou

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Annee

"I think I love you.

Thanks for stating that."

Well, apparently your overly-emotional feelings of love are an indication of how utterly unspiritual you are.

If that's what you choose to believe.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Apparently you believe it, too.

Sorry, you don't believe you are spiritual...based on your "I think I love you" comment. It was way over-the-top emotional.

ETA: I don't believe it, btw. And I know you don't believe it about yourself either. I think it's awful you would judge others so harshly, but not yourself.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Apparently you believe it, too.

Sorry, you don't believe you are spiritual...based on your "I think I love you" comment. It was way over-the-top emotional.

ETA: I don't believe it, btw. And I know you don't believe it about yourself either. I think it's awful you would judge others so harshly, but not yourself.

Telling me what I believe or don't believe.

You psychic?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

lol. You said you 'understand it.' You even thought you might be in love. You put all that emotion on display and threw logic out the window to seem 'cool' and 'detached.'

But it doesn't take a psychic to see what you plainly wear on your sleeve.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kissy princess

There's really no other model of reality other than that though, if you delve into the esoteric traditions. They all describe this reality, and they are the only ones that have the experience to speak of it as far as I'm concerned.

I don't particularly yearn for enlightenment either, I like individuality. That is why this "mode" in reality exists, so we can experience it. Nothing wrong with that. So keep on doing it. If I have any spiritual aspirations myself, it is probably as a magician. I want to learn and I want to experience so that's what I'll do.

I am under no delusion that any of the avatars were under any type of delusion when explaining reality to people though.

I wouldn't be scared of death, maybe this is easy for me to say because I believe in it - know it even - but you will survive.. not your body, but your spirit.

There's a wild ride for anyone that wants to explore reality spiritually, practice enough and you can travel to other worlds and meet with different entities, learn about reality. Experiences such as these might lessen your fear of death.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

lol. You said you 'got it.' You thought you might be in love. You put all that emotion on display and threw logic out the window to seem 'cool' and 'detached.'

But it doesn't take a psychic to see what you plainly carry on your sleeve.

Take what I said, and "run with it".

Make it mean whatever you want it to.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Upon further reflection, I think overly-emotional people who exploit expressive emotional people in order to feel spiritually-superior are the least spiritual of all.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Upon further reflection, I think overly-emotional people who exploit expressive emotional people in order to feel spiritually-superior are the least spiritual of all.

Emotions are internal.

Only you make you feel.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Oh, I was just trying to make a fun rhyme; though death is spooky and beautiful @ the same time. Let's be friends! I've always liked the Gods who laughed over those jealous ones

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kissy princess

Aahhh.. I see the rhyming now.

Yes, sure.. is there a point in being friends on the internet though? You do know I am a bad seed don't you? I might be a bad influence on a, uhm, kissy princess like yourself.. What about being more than friends? When dealing with princesses prone to kissing and what with your mood being all horny I feel like I might be missing out if you're a looker and I'm stuck in the friend zone..

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Pretty silly to consider getting carried away by music as an example of being too emotional.

I'm with you for the general idea of seven deadly sins needing control but you don't need to turn into a robot. There are also plenty of music based spiritual practices, from ancient shamanism, southern black gospel, Pythagoras, and certain strains of Gnosticism. Within the Hindu sphere, much of tantra uses emotions to play with the idea of the sacred and the profane. It is to be regulated, not extinguished.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I don't relate to the whole spiritually evolved hierarchy thing. I haven't been convinced there is any evidence of that.

Though I have developed my own way of seeing emotions as energy produced in the body for movement and action, creation, which can be channelled in conscious ways, or else just created and given over to a group consciousness for creating.

Like you can use it to create what you want, as an individual,
Or you can produce it and combine it into a collective soup to create whatever that groups intents are (a church, or whatever type of grouping..)

A whole lot of people into that spiritual hierarchy idea consider it more highly evolved to do that second option, as it is better to contribute to other intents than your own as an individual (the dreaded evil EGO! ooohh!
)

Whatever.

I do think that producing emotions in your body (causing hormonal production) and then not expressing them in anyway (not using that energy in movement) is slightly stupid , if not "unspiritual", because it is damaging to the organs of your body.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Someone who is spiritually self-aware will not let their emotions get the better of them and will catch themselves before going off the deep end.

If putting yourself in a position where someone who lacks empathy and patience can exploit your honest, upfront show of emotions is the litmus test for spirituality, I think you and the OP are examining the wrong party's lack of spirituality in the hypothetical scenario.

ETA: BTW, I think passive aggressive people are the least spiritual. People need to be upfront and honest about their feelings, IMO.

Feeling, feeling, feeling...no spirituality is not all touchy feely emotional affair in my opinion but if you want to cultivate base animal instinct that is your choice.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

i think you are right- i was watching a spirutual Asian guy using Chi. He said its easy it just takes meditation and to be in control of your emotions.

the key thing here is "being in control of your emotions"

i feel everyone becoming spiritual would be a horrible nightmare for TPTB -
it is very Hard for humans to be fully incontrol of emotions. the way the system is setup
Always stressing about money
Stressing at home with partners and children
Having a stressfull job, dont enjoy your job
can you afford rent this week
Jealousy
Envy
etc etc etc

Unti you can grasp the above and not let it phase you then you are 90% of becomming spiritual. but its a hard task. i dont claim i am spiritual but i have an idea of how to be if i put my mind to it from research.

Animals probably more spiritual than us, they get to live in their natural habbibats and be themseves and thrive - humans cannot thrive as we are always suppressed and being told what to do.

edit on 6-6-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Pretty silly to consider getting carried away by music as an example of being too emotional.

I'm with you for the general idea of seven deadly sins needing control but you don't need to turn into a robot. There are also plenty of music based spiritual practices, from ancient shamanism, southern black gospel, Pythagoras, and certain strains of Gnosticism. Within the Hindu sphere, much of tantra uses emotions to play with the idea of the sacred and the profane. It is to be regulated, not extinguished.

I have seen people dancing go completely out of control, shaking and almost fitting get to know these people and you will find their emotions rule their whole outlook.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Example of these highly emotional people who are attracted to spiritual gatherings. Who knows perhaps deep down they know they are out of control and and are attracted to meditation to regain control. Only problem is when you get a bunch of these emotional people gathering you have emotional fireworks instead. Instead of learning to control themselves being around other highly emotional people they just crash and burn instead!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Having emotions is a good thing and does not mean you are unspiritual. I think you mean those who are over-emotional or let their emotions get the better of them are not spiritual? Because I would agree with that in general.

Someone who is spiritually self-aware will not let their emotions get the better of them and will catch themselves before going off the deep end.

Not sure just because you are self-aware that you have good control over emotions. But at least with some self awareness after you notice you have gone to far you can clearly see where it is to far and pull back again.

Not having the self awareness to guide the emotion makes one vulnerable to emotional manipulation where some souls that are more wolf like (ego driven) can manipulate billions of souls that they are helping out when they are in fact getting power from the masses thru manipulation deceit.

Us vs them duality manipulation is one of the tools and leads to insanity like Nazi movement and all souls who create religions/culture/views should be questioned for what the are. If it was a good tree for all souls these duality manipulation would not be part of the doctrine.

Good intention + emotional manipulation towards blindness -> Insane behavior.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Cry for the decimation of Earth's trees and our ruin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join