It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine-Year-Old Banned From School After Trump Hat Makes Students Feel Bad

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If the schools that stupid he's probably better off not going there anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath

After three days of bickering on the playground growing worse each day they did what they could remove the reason for the fights. What would you have done?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: korath

After three days of bickering on the playground growing worse each day they did what they could remove the reason for the fights. What would you have done?

I know what I would have done. I would have had the entire school class sit down for a teaching lesson on the 2s Amendment and what it means. To enforce the fact that suppressing someone's right to free (non violent) speech is guaranteed by the government. And that this school, being an arm of that government, is duty bound to protect that right. Any student seen trying to bully or otherwise prevent someone form expressing that right, whether yo disagree with it or not, will be disciplined under the rules of the school. Now, this would be done in a manner and wording that they could understand at that age. And as professional teachers, they should know that level and how to present it in that form.

BTW, when did it become the norm to punish the victims of bullying and not the bully themselves? I think I missed that memo.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: theantediluvian

I clearly remember when I was 7 years old watching the entire election process and discussing it in school

That was Reagan VS Dukakis.

Then you clearly don't remember it, because it was Bush and Willie Horton Vs Dukaikis

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Are you the kids Parent?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Is that truly relevant to the discussion?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow. What a disgusting publicity stunt setup by this poor child's deranged Trump supporting parents.

First off, at 8 years old, I highly doubt these kids are out on the playground having in depth political discussions. Hell, their parents are on Internet forums failing to make coherent political arguments. That's not the issue though — everyone should teach their children whatever political views they want — even the dimwits.

What they've done is lie to their child and told him that he had a First Amendment right to wear whatever he wanted to school and this is simply not true. It's not true now. It wasn't true 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 25 years ago, 50 years ago, 100 years ago, or in 1776, 1781 or 1791.

Secondly, this smacks of a stunt and you can accuse me of being biased if you want but I said the exact same thing about the frickin' "clock kid" and his non-invention.

Whether or not if it was a stunt by his parents, if the school didn't have a policy against hats or other political messages, he should be able to wear it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It seems to me . . .

they ought to compel all the students to take . . . uhhhhh . . .

sensitivity training classes . . . in

how to go to the local taxidermy and buy some thicker skins . . .

without falling over in a dead faint.

Sheesh . . . This Republic seems determined to vaunt brazenly how deserving it is of the slide to hell it's been shoved on.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So the kid gets to meet a person that he has seen on TV. The guy takes the time to shake his hand and gives him an autograph and a hat. I don't care who it was. That's probably one of biggest events of his young life.

I was six when I got to meet Roberto Clemente and he autographed my Pirate hat. You couldn't separate me from that hat for months.

As it has been said these kids are too young to have political opinions. Show me where some of those kids who are "offended" haven't been guided that way by their teachers.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think Freedom should be taught as a class just as important as Math or English. If people were taught true freedom this wouldn't be an issue.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Cute kid...getting a bad lesson on the First Amendment from his progressive and biased public school.
I'll say one thing, this kid seems like a bright young man who understands his rights.

Apparently, at least in California, liberal political intolerance doesn't exist just outside Trump rallies...it can also follow you to school.

A nine-year-old boy has been banned from his California elementary school after school officials decided that his red “Make America Great Again” hat was making other students feel bad.

“They told me to take my hat off because it brings negative emotions to the other children who don’t like him,” third grade Logan Autry told a local news station. He refused to take the hat off just to make other kids feel better.

“It’s my favorite hat,” he said. “The First Amendment says I can wear my hat.” (Students at Powers-Ginsburg Elementary School are normally allowed to wear hats.)

According to local news reports, more and more of Autry’s classmates were confronting him at recess over his support of the candidate.

“I’ve told them his policies on illegal immigration, and our Second Amendment, and our First Amendment and all of our amendments that need to be protected, which are not going to be an amendment at all if Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders gets elected,” he told local KFSN news.

Autry got his hat when he attended Trump’s rally in Fresno last week, where he was able to briefly shake Trump’s hand and get an autograph. “He doesn’t speak like a politician. He speaks like a normal person. He knows what this country needs,” he said.

The district cited the need to maintain a “safe learning environment” in a statement explaining the decision to ban the hat. In fact, the district said it was proud that Autry was even allowed to wear the hat for a few days.

“Our job as educators is to facilitate a safe learning environment where we encourage robust conversations of diverse and thoughts,” the statement said.

“We are proud that in this case, our school achieved that goal by allowing the student to wear his hat for several days. However, it is also our responsibility to take precautions when the discourse begins to impact our school climate and interrupt school operations.”

dailycaller.com...

The boy was not banned from school. He was banned from wearing the hat to school. It would make so much more of an impact if people would just report the truth. Truth doesn't need advertising and attention grabbing hyperbole. It stands on its own. Turning it into a lie only cheapens the message.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

And in doing so, they infringed upon his right to free speech, political speech at that. In a school district that claims to be non-discriminatory, including political affiliation. Banning the hat is banning free speech....period. If you cannot see that then you are blinded by your hatred of a candidate. The other students were picking on him for it all, and they, the bullies were NOT disciplined for heir actions. It is very similar to the recent violent protests against Trump outside his rallies. The violence there is not being punished, but coddled and allowed to happen.

Do you agree with silencing dissenting opinions? The Constitution assures protections from the government suppressing your freedom of speech. AS the public school is funded by taxpayer money, they are an extension of the government. Therefore, they are in violation of the kids 1st amendment protections.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't believe this story at all...

It all seems fabricated...

...a 9 year old? No way.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Since when could kids wear hats in school anyways. They should have went with that instead of allowing him to wear his hat for several days before it caused a ruckus. No hats or headbands or bandanas in school. That sounds better to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok I'll say what everyone doesn't want to say. This is California are you guys actually that surprised? The majority of them are most likely Latin American which majority of them hate Trump. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Gotta admire this lil guy. He stood up for his rights...and the school decided to punish him for it in order to make an example of him.

Where is the ACLU to defend him ?

'Crickets'

Somehow I don't see a White House visit in his future.

He should have had his sister call in a bomb threat then make a shifty box slap a clock on it and say he made it then he could go to the WH.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter
With the political leanings of our educational system, I don't think that's a good idea.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Wouldn't be surprised if those that want Hilary and others like her to get into office are the same people in power in schools and therefore direct all those not agreeing out. Thankfully Trump is a Billionaire and money goes a long way. Again, thankfully its his personal funding unlike Hilary.

Madness anyway, sending a child home for that. Those other kids sound like gazelles in the wild. Don't do to well in the real world.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So they banned all hats with any political affiliation, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScoobyWho
Since when could kids wear hats in school anyways. They should have went with that instead of allowing him to wear his hat for several days before it caused a ruckus. No hats or headbands or bandanas in school. That sounds better to me.

This school allows hats, it's in the article.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join