It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine-Year-Old Banned From School After Trump Hat Makes Students Feel Bad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
"Our job as educators is to facilitate a safe learning environment where we encourage robust conversations of diverse and thoughts"
So do it then, idiots.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
There is no logical reason the kid was prohibited from wearing the hat. If it had said something like "build the wall now!" or something borderline racist/xenophobic/bigoted then you could understand the school banning his wearing of the hat.

If the hat did indeed have the simple words "Make America great again" then I cannot fathom why it was banned. UNLESS there is a universal ban on politically-themed clothing, there is no sound reason.

Say what you like about the kid and his parents, but banning the hat simply because it endorses a specific candidate is outrageous and is an affront to the concept of freedom of speech.

edit on 4/6/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
"Our job as educators is to facilitate a safe learning environment where we encourage robust conversations of diverse and thoughts"
So do it then, idiots.

Is it just me or does their statement kind of hit the ear wrong? Maybe, as educators, they should better focus their efforts on facilitating a learning environment where they encourage more accurate grammar?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: trollz
So do it then, idiots.

Is it just me or does their statement kind of hit the ear wrong? Maybe, as educators, they should better focus their efforts on facilitating a learning environment where they encourage more accurate grammar?

What hits me wrong is the irony of the school claiming they want to encourage students to have their own thoughts and engage in conversation, but then banning a child for doing exactly that.
"Oh, sure, you're free to have your own thoughts, so long as you think what we tell you."
I don't think this is a political issue so much as a control issue. There are quite a lot of public school employees who are so pathetic of mind that they derive some sort of personal satisfaction from having the ability to control children, same as how some police officers become police officers because they get off on having authority over others.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Good point. Well stated and very true.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
he should be allowed to wear the hat. he should be protected if any classmates theaten him

if the other kids don't like it, wear a bernie hat

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If the other 8-9 year old kids are made to feel bad for a hat reading "Make America Great Again", then I'd suggest they are truly brain-washed.

I think you might agree that kids should be kids, and form their own ideas as they grow. The big issue here is the two-party false dichotomy being pushed on young children, be it at home or at school.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If this school is funded by public $$$, then they need to rethink their position on this political issue. If children are picking on him over this hat, then how about sitting them ALL down and talking about the freedom of speech. That it means that the GOVERNMENT (even public schools that are paid with government funding) are required by law to protect that freedom. The freedom of speech is there to protect the speech we do not like to hear. And any child found picking on someone and trying to prevent that free speech will be disciplined.

I see this as a teaching opportunity, and I am not even a flipping TEACHER. However, I have many friends that are teachers at all levels and almost all of them said exactly that when I spoke to them about this yesterday. Teachers rarely are allowed to teach now, if it is NOT on the common core curriculum (i.e. indoctrination checklist).

If I were his parents, I would be speaking to the head of the school district to explain the 1st amendment to them, in person. ESPECIALLY since they are a public government entity. The government is PROHIBITED by the U.S. Constitution from doing just this. That is why that amendment exists....to prevent the government (and all of it's entities) from suppressing the freedom of a citizen to express their opinions, including political ones.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
P. C. bullsh!t at it's finest, This stuff is getting completely ridiculous. I can't wait for all these whiners to grow up and learn the truth about the world, they better wise up, course some adults now act like that so I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Liberals this liberals that...as if we had a one track mind, give me a break!

This crappy story is written political ploy all over it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

If by "political ploy" you mean exposing a biased political agenda in the publicly funded school system. An agenda that is constitutionally questionable at least, and an outright violation at most. Then, so be it.

Some folks do not like it when you call them out and expose their lies.

edit on 6/4/2016 by Krakatoa because: spellcheck

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Even if the hat was causing a disturbance this sets a precedent for banning hijabs and burkas which definitely bring unwanted and negative attention.
That garbage argument of clothing causing a disturbance should be thrown out by anyone with half a brain.

Heck a boy dressing as a girl is going to bring negative attention, yet as mentioned children are going to be taught to explore gender and wear wrong gender clothes will be accepted?

What is supposed to happen is if this child is harassed or bullied because of his political beliefs the perps should be disciplined.
A case of victim blaming.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

LOL

9 year old? Really why doesn't he run for office!

Autry got his hat when he attended Trump’s rally in Fresno last week, where he was able to briefly shake Trump’s hand and get an autograph. “He doesn’t speak like a politician. He speaks like a normal person. He knows what this country needs,” he said.

I suppose his parents had nothing to do with this?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: theantediluvian

School policy allows the kids to wear hats. The kid is wearing a hat that says "Make America Great Again"...it's not emblazoned with swastikas.
The boy is completely within his rights to wear his favorite hat, whether it says 'Feel The Bern', 'Ready For Hillary'...'Make America Great Again' ...or 'I Love Spiderman'.

Love how you went right to attacking his parents. 'Deranged"---Classy.

Lol
you think the kid thinks and sounds like that on his own? The hat is a stunt clear as day, maybe there are a lot of Hispanics in his school. his parents coached him on what to say. I'll eat my hat if i am wrong :-)

9 years old!

“I’ve told them his policies on illegal immigration, and our Second Amendment, and our First Amendment and all of our amendments that need to be protected, which are not going to be an amendment at all if Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders gets elected,” he told local KFSN news.

Autry got his hat when he attended Trump’s rally in Fresno last week, where he was able to briefly shake Trump’s hand and get an autograph. “He doesn’t speak like a politician. He speaks like a normal person. He knows what this country needs,” he said.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

So in your world, people are guilty before proving their innocence? That is exactly what your post says. You have already declared him and his parents guilty of planning this to create a disturbance. If so, please show me how you know that, provide the proof before convicting someone based upon your biased opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

So in your world, people are guilty before proving their innocence? That is exactly what your post says. You have already declared him and his parents guilty of planning this to create a disturbance. If so, please show me how you know that, provide the proof before convicting someone based upon your biased opinion.

I agree I am seeing this as a manipulation!

I think it is enough to have my own opinion based on the facts. Ignore the facts if you like, kids don't talk like this unless they are in special school for advanced 9 yr olds! lol believe what you like.

Just like voting for your choice of president. Right.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

If so, please show me how you know that, provide the proof before convicting someone based upon your biased opinion.

Everything is based on our individual opinions right?

BTW I am not saying he should have been kicked out, unless it wasn't the hat but some things he was saying about minorities.
edit on 4-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Then step up and prove this accusation. It is easy to sit there and rant on about something, but difficult to actually prove it. Until then, we need to take it based upon the facts presented to date, and until new information comes to light. Be the change, dig and get that information if you are so vociferous about your opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Wrong. It should be based upon the facts as presented. And unless new facts are revealed that the parents willfully sent their child into school to cause a disturbance, then it is only unproven speculation at best and possibly slander or libel (since it is written) at worse.

I have seen nothing proving your assumption yet. So, prove it to us all by investigating and getting that information. Otherwise, all this is hot air and C02 that is increasing the climate change around you.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My parents were about as hippie as it gets, heck I even owned a healthfood store for years when I was young, mmmm bout as liberal as it got before liberals turned crazy. I was on Dead tour for Geeez sakes. My family and lots of us are seeing things that cannot remain in this country and stuff like this is one of them. Personally I don't think anyone at all should be allowed to wear anything supportive of a candidate in school because it starts arguments. I wouldn't want to see a Ted Cruz hat everyday in school so none of that in my opinion. We are voting Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join