It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine-Year-Old Banned From School After Trump Hat Makes Students Feel Bad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What was it that was said about the girls complaining about the large trans women in the restroom??? Oh yea the other kids are just going to have to deal with it.

Got to love the logic from the left.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow. What a disgusting publicity stunt setup by this poor child's deranged Trump supporting parents.

First off, at 8 years old, I highly doubt these kids are out on the playground having in depth political discussions. Hell, their parents are on Internet forums failing to make coherent political arguments. That's not the issue though — everyone should teach their children whatever political views they want — even the dimwits.

Totally agree. I'm raising an 8 year old boy.

He asked me who Trump was. I told him he is a man running for President of the United States.

End of story.

My kid is not my personal political pawn.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Wow. What a disgusting publicity stunt setup by this poor child's deranged Trump supporting parents.

First off, at 8 years old, I highly doubt these kids are out on the playground having in depth political discussions. Hell, their parents are on Internet forums failing to make coherent political arguments. That's not the issue though — everyone should teach their children whatever political views they want — even the dimwits.

He asked me who Trump was. I told him he is a man running for President of the United States.

End of story.

So if your kid is not interested about politics that means all kids are not interested?

You should do a bit of research on him you might be impressed with his passion.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

uhh actually they do at times have political discussions in social studies class. They actually had a schoolwide mock vote in 2000 when I was in 4th grade for president and us senator.

I remember when I was 10 or 11 having a debate and taking sides on whether we should bomb Iraq, I was one of the few to side with not bomb.

in elementary school they fill kids heads mainly with environmentalism; panda's and polar bears are dying due to co2 OMG, due to evil monopoly hat old white males. without providing the point that fossil fuels are a major reason why we have a modern world.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Love how you went right to attacking his parents. 'Deranged"---Classy.

I'm just trying to Keep America Great, why are you mistreating me? It's very unfair you know. Very unfair. Also, "blah blah blah"

School policy allows the kids to wear hats. The kid is wearing a hat that says "Make America Great Again"...it's not emblazoned with swastikas. The boy is completely within his rights to wear his favorite hat, whether it says 'Feel The Bern', 'Ready For Hillary'...'Make America Great Again' ...or 'I Love Spiderman'.

Again, you don't understand how rights work. He doesn't have a right to wear whatever he wants to school. The school has a policy that permits children wearing hats. He doesn't matter what the hat was. If the hat was causing a disruption, then the school has the right to tell the kid to take it off while in school.

Get ready to really get your panties in bunch.

The kid was already admitting that he was out on the playground talking politics (you know, as 8 year-old children are so often want to do). Who knows what he was saying? He's obviously been programmed with at least a few sayings.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
No worries. Trump will probably pay for his college, he'll lunch with Chewbacca mom and maybe even get showered with other freebies. It's the year 2016.
edit on 6/3/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Uh yeah, that's exactly what school is like. It's all heady intellectual political discourse up until middle school then they start pounding the "evil white men" agenda.

I'm guessing you haven't raised any kids?

edit on 2016-6-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I hope they don't forget about clock boy.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Gotta admire this lil guy. He stood up for his rights...and the school decided to punish him for it in order to make an example of him.

Where is the ACLU to defend him ?

'Crickets'

Somehow I don't see a White House visit in his future.

The root beer summit...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm sure there is a GoFundMe site by now.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This child is of the Minority,
i thought they were the catered to 0.1% of the Population??

Any snowflakes like to address this horrific Injustice for us?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Annee

End of story.

So if your kid is not interested about politics that means all kids are not interested?

You should do a bit of research on him you might be impressed with his passion.

Talk to me when he gets to Middle School and they study politics.

I'm actually teaching him about money right now. Working for it, keeping it in a safe place, choosing something you want then saving up for it. That he understands.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So you don't want to answer, typical.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Guess what, you do not dictate to me what my answer is or how I answer.

I am not required by any stretch of your imagination to satisfy your defined requirement of what an answer is supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

it's impossible to train students to be obedient wimps if they start thinking for themselves.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No but I was in the public school system not too long ago, citing what actually happened in my actual life.

heated political discourse is not what I was saying, except in 6th grade where we did have a debate about invading the Middle East.
If a kid wants to talk about politics instead of gossiping about who picked their nose in class today then good for him.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What a joke. For a group of people who claim to be so in love with the "refreshing" "plain talk" of Donald Trump, you sure do enjoying pissing down legs.

It's not raining.

I was in gifted courses from 2nd grade on. I've raised children in a completely different part of the country, 25 years later. While it's impossible to say that no 8 year-old has a prodigious grasp of politics, the chances that this "Trump supporter" does are still remarkably small and pretending that it's somehow typical of 8 year-olds to have firmly held political opinions is wanton self-delusion.

Furthermore, what he's been told is untrue.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

it's impossible to train students to be obedient wimps if they start thinking for themselves.

I'm rooting for the kid. Nine-year-old version of 'Mr. Smith Goes To Washington'.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If the school allows students to wear hats, as the OP indicates, then he should be able to wear the hat. Only if the hat is completely inappropriate should they be asked to take it off.

But the other aspect about this is the comments he made to the press.

What a poor, brainwashed little child.

The Right Wing propaganda machine deserves a medal.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Good for you but not sure why you are on a discussion board then.

Next time we have a discussion about kids I will make sure to run it by you first to see if your kid does it or not.

Lol what a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join