It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine-Year-Old Banned From School After Trump Hat Makes Students Feel Bad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Cute kid...getting a bad lesson on the First Amendment from his progressive and biased public school.
I'll say one thing, this kid seems like a bright young man who understands his rights.

Apparently, at least in California, liberal political intolerance doesn't exist just outside Trump rallies...it can also follow you to school.

A nine-year-old boy has been banned from his California elementary school after school officials decided that his red “Make America Great Again” hat was making other students feel bad.

“They told me to take my hat off because it brings negative emotions to the other children who don’t like him,” third grade Logan Autry told a local news station. He refused to take the hat off just to make other kids feel better.

“It’s my favorite hat,” he said. “The First Amendment says I can wear my hat.” (Students at Powers-Ginsburg Elementary School are normally allowed to wear hats.)

According to local news reports, more and more of Autry’s classmates were confronting him at recess over his support of the candidate.

“I’ve told them his policies on illegal immigration, and our Second Amendment, and our First Amendment and all of our amendments that need to be protected, which are not going to be an amendment at all if Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders gets elected,” he told local KFSN news.

Autry got his hat when he attended Trump’s rally in Fresno last week, where he was able to briefly shake Trump’s hand and get an autograph. “He doesn’t speak like a politician. He speaks like a normal person. He knows what this country needs,” he said.

The district cited the need to maintain a “safe learning environment” in a statement explaining the decision to ban the hat. In fact, the district said it was proud that Autry was even allowed to wear the hat for a few days.

“Our job as educators is to facilitate a safe learning environment where we encourage robust conversations of diverse and thoughts,” the statement said.

“We are proud that in this case, our school achieved that goal by allowing the student to wear his hat for several days. However, it is also our responsibility to take precautions when the discourse begins to impact our school climate and interrupt school operations.”

dailycaller.com...
edit on 3-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Regressive liberal bigots in California being intolerant of other peoples views political or otherwise, if they are opposed to their own and trying to oppress them? Even by suspending 9 year olds for wearing hats?

Shocking.

edit on 6/3/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Can you imagine sending a kid home for wearing an Obama shirt or hat in 2008?

That would have been decried as racist.

Meanwhile...

School OKs Hispanic Students Wearing ‘Dump Trump’ Shirts

A California high school has agreed to allow Hispanic students to wear their “Dump Trump” t-shirts on campus despite a dress code that seems to prohibit them.

Sean Boulton, the principal of Newport Harbor High School in Newport Beach, a town south of Los Angeles, agreed to let a group of Hispanic students wear shirts denigrating GOP front runner Donald Trump.

www.breitbart.com...

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
safe learning environment

LOL

It's Summer, the snowflakes are melting too quickly !!!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Bleh, speechless how this election year is... what will happen next in this country? Dudes will be allowed to p*** next to little girls? Blather.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's pretty disgusting across the board if you ask me. On the one hand, you have the schools brainwashing children to believe in ridiculous things and follow questionable leaders.

And on the other, parents brainwashing children to believe in ridiculous things and follow questionable leaders.

edit on 6/3/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

A nine-year-old boy has been banned from his California elementary school after school officials decided that his red “Make America Great Again” hat was making other students feel bad.
'

Ah!

The Peoples Republic of California warms my heart.

The Brown shirts always on the march.

Rights will be denied.

People will be harassed.

No worries they will not be held accountable.

Kid should have been waving a Mexican Flag around.

Then there would have been no probs.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
that moment when the whiny children are the adults.

What does one expect out of the leftist hole that is public education.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

“Our job as educators is to facilitate a safe learning environment where we encourage robust conversations of diverse and thoughts,” the statement said.

The entire reason for the first amendment was to PROTECT political speech.

Epic FAIL.

I missed the encouragement there to have a robust conversation when you banned a kid.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And ... the thought police are out in full force.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Gotta admire this lil guy. He stood up for his rights...and the school decided to punish him for it in order to make an example of him.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Gotta admire this lil guy. He stood up for his rights...and the school decided to punish him for it in order to make an example of him.

Where is the ACLU to defend him ?

'Crickets'

Somehow I don't see a White House visit in his future.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow. What a disgusting publicity stunt setup by this poor child's deranged Trump supporting parents.

First off, at 8 years old, I highly doubt these kids are out on the playground having in depth political discussions. Hell, their parents are on Internet forums failing to make coherent political arguments. That's not the issue though — everyone should teach their children whatever political views they want — even the dimwits.

What they've done is lie to their child and told him that he had a First Amendment right to wear whatever he wanted to school and this is simply not true. It's not true now. It wasn't true 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 25 years ago, 50 years ago, 100 years ago, or in 1776, 1781 or 1791.

Secondly, this smacks of a stunt and you can accuse me of being biased if you want but I said the exact same thing about the frickin' "clock kid" and his non-invention.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I can't believe how stupid the plebs are getting. What third grader gives a damned about politics or politicians?

No wonder those Nigerian emails are still a thing, people literally cannot think.

Pathetic.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

First off, at 8 years old, I highly doubt these kids are out on the playground having in depth political discussions.

Au contraire mon frere.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

School policy allows the kids to wear hats. The kid is wearing a hat that says "Make America Great Again"...it's not emblazoned with swastikas.
The boy is completely within his rights to wear his favorite hat, whether it says 'Feel The Bern', 'Ready For Hillary'...'Make America Great Again' ...or 'I Love Spiderman'.

Love how you went right to attacking his parents. 'Deranged"---Classy.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Do you see how those easily put into a hypnogogic state are easily influenced by the media?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I thought the article stated he actually went to a trump rally, met Donald Trump and was given the hat by said candidate,
whats the problem then?

The school was even proud at first, hehe, snicker snicker.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I find it difficult to believe the words "make America great again" make these kids feel bad. They say this because their parents tell them to believe it or through example.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

My 4th grader has come home from having discussed politics with his friends... on the playground. He even shakes his head at these kids love of Hillary.

On a funny note he says Hillary is a scary looking woman. "Mom, she's scary. Like Wicked Witch scary." This was in response to a picture he saw on an article I was reading. Looking at the picture from his perspective yeah it could be seen as scary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join