It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large meteor possibly hits in Arizona

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Love the difference between Russians and Yanks. The incredible meteorite flies over Chelyabinsk and none of the drivers who witness is first hand utter a single word in their videos. No big deal eh? (of course, i know it was)

One possibly flies over Arizona and before we have confirmation, we already have people taking about it making the ground shake, hitting the gerund, the smell etc...

Don't take my comment as criticism, its just a funny how different nationalities react

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

From what I've seen from my iPhone, which is limited along with the operator, you've created 50 threads thus far, so you've had plenty of opportunities to get familiar with the nuances of making a thread.

This guy has only done 3 before and I'm sure this one was done under a bit of duress, as he has a family to protect and probably a job to get to.

If I ever create a new thread, I hope I am shown more tolerance, but these fly by random acts of criticism are the reason why I don't.

Of course, on the iPhone, I can't see the Avatar, so with my luck, I could be addressing a super moderator now, in which case, great post.

But again and again I say, we need to watch each other's backs.

CF

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

If I ever create a new thread, I hope I am shown more tolerance, but these fly by random acts of criticism are the reason why I don't.

The original thread contained only two links and absolutely nothing else. That is not and shouldn't be tolerated around here. Buck up and don't make a thread unless you're willing to put in the effort. The nuances you speak of are what separates us from Facebook and other junk media. Well, it used to...

When fishing, it helps to put bait on the hook if you want to catch the interest of any fish. No bait, no bite.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Aha. Thanks for the explanation. That makes more sense.

So, again and again I say oops, sorry, my bad.

CF

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I meant to add, but can't edit a phone entry, that ATS is my only experience of writing on line...too old for face book...and as a fish, I wish you had used a different analogy! But I'll take it like a...like a fish!

CF

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Arrogance hereon has a habit of slapping others down hastily and with an attitude--for meager reasons.

Empathy, patience, compassion and charity seem to be in increasingly short supply in our culture generally.

One COULD give helpful insights and instructions in a charitable way. Evidently some think that is too bothersome . . . or maybe not in their skill set.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well now, that was a very interesting video!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Sorry man. I didn't have the full picture. You have a great criticism towards me on credit!

Friends?

And now for my next trick, I'll tip toe away and wince privately.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Different views of obviously the same object.

The smoke trail would get distorted as it passes through various levels of wind direction and speed.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I agree with you 100%.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

@0.32 you can see the photo of the weird "helicopter" contrails AND the meteor. So the trails are not from the meteor then, just a coincidental sky thingy.

Cool find!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I think you are mistaking the Moon for the meteor.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your video, the end was beautiful.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Might be, it looked like it was moving. I was wondering why they never focused on it more.

Edit: I didn't watch till the end. Sad Fail!!!

edit on 2-6-2016 by Jonjonj because: owning my failure

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Hahahahahaha. Frikkin A

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Phage, I barrowed this from your video. Was there two objects or one?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Phage, I barrowed this from your video. Was there two objects or one?

I must confess, I'm at a loss to explain how a trail like this would be formed from a meteorite. Im not suggesting it isn't one, just can't figure it out

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

And your good at space info and other strange events.
edit on 6 2 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I understand why you got after me for the lack of content, but it was never my intention to leave it that way. I simply was cut off by more important matters. The issue has been resolved, please lets move along.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join