It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large meteor possibly hits in Arizona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I stand corrected sir, I was thinking of the Carlsbad caverns in NM, a must see

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Not my video. It seems it was one object.

Regarding the smoke trail and how it can get twisted, here is an example of one left by an object going up, not down.
www.sidleach.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: 3danimator2014

And your good at space info and other strange events.

Well...i have a huge interest, I'm not in the same ballpark as many of of the experts here on ATS. Not even close. But you know what i mean? How is a trail like that formed? I can only think (and this is a long shot) that it fell steeply and that winds differ hugely between the altitudes, meaning some sections move off further than others etc...

but i can't imagine thats right.
edit on 2-6-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Quantum12
Not my video. It seems it was one object.

Regarding the smoke trail and how it can get twisted, here is an example of one left by an object going up, not down.
www.sidleach.com...

yes, I've seen that image before, just seems very odd. But hey, thats fluid dynamics for you (my most hated subjects when i studied at uni...nightmarish)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wow, thank you for the link, that one is cool too!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I do know what you mean, I have read many of your interesting posts!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There are some pretty cool looking pictures on Facebook.

Im just wondering like many of you how the trail was made to look like it does. Gases?

Seems like last year people were thinking same thing was a fireball but turned out to be debris from Russian rocket or something?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
video

www.abc15.com...

more videos if you scroll down
edit on 2-6-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: HAZE3

This website has little information but if you pause the first video (the one pointing at the sky) at the 7 second mark you can see kind of a tail behind the object.

It's so fast that you can pretty much only capture it as it exits the shot from that camera.

m.wfxg.com...:ise9wPtT

edit on 2-6-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Your link isn't working mate

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I just reposted it, working now ?

Eta I just checked and the link is no longer working for some reason.

The video was from the Mt. Lemmon Sky Center cam.

m.wfxg.com...:ise9wPtT

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Many yrs ago here in Phoenix,we saw a similar contrail from a missile launch,same wind pattern swirling the contrail.No boom or smoke tho.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Love the difference between Russians and Yanks. The incredible meteorite flies over Chelyabinsk and none of the drivers who witness is first hand utter a single word in their videos. No big deal eh? (of course, i know it was)

One possibly flies over Arizona and before we have confirmation, we already have people taking about it making the ground shake, hitting the gerund, the smell etc...

Don't take my comment as criticism, its just a funny how different nationalities react

Ha! I've always been fascinated by the differences in reactions by culture as well. I imagine a driver (Yuri) witnessing the Chelyabinsk meteor on the phone pause for a second, "what is it, Yuri?" Yuri: "Is nothing, large meteor. You have tickets to hockey game?" It would be fun to consider the different things different cultures would consider completely unworthy of reaction and those which would send them over the top with emotion and how diametrically opposed some of them can be.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

no , it says its no longer available

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

To me it looks like two trails, I wonder if it broke apart?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The link is breaking at the colon : in there. I got it working by pasting the colon and the content after it to the end of the url where the page was not found.

I think it is fixed here.

edit on 2-6-2016 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

That's the one thank you

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wow !!!....I saw it ! I was in CA on I-40 headed east and I was just a mile or two from the AZ line when I saw it. It was directly in front of me. It was very bright and it had two distinct flare ups before it burned out. When I first saw it....it was so big and bright that I really expected to see it hit the ground. Well ...to see a flash from the impact anyway .

My daughter was in the bunk sleeping at the time but when I pulled into the truckstop in Lake Havasu AZ . My daughter woke up to use the restroom and when she got back in the truck I told her about it. It was very spectacular. the funny part was I had just taken notice of the partial Moon in the sky and it was shortly after that ...that the meteor appeared
edit on 2-6-2016 by HarryJoy because: add

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

That is very cool, I bet you were shocked?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

@ 00:41 in the video it shows a parking lot cam with a time stamp that matches up perfectly with the OPs claim.

I think we for sure have a "meteorite" of some kind.

In your opinion Phage was the odd trails due to different atmospheric changes, or is there another explanation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join