It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash your feggin hands people

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The fact that you and Schuyler see my post as a freak-out, suffering, and an anguished cry for help is more telling of you and said person. Just scale back and stop making snap judgements about a person based on a forum post.

Ridiculous.

Did you see the line in my op that said to please share any "disgusting, but benign, habits" you observe in others. Yes, I just freaked out all over that one.

edit on 1-6-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I feel that we have become germaphobes in our culture as humans.

Hand sanitizer? Disinfecting wipes?

Ever heard about how today's pigs that we manufacture like cars are so frail that they cannot live in the wild without getting sick and dying? Why? Because we tried to make things too clean....

Even George Carlin had the right idea....

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I am actually a credentialed professional, Narc. What you are describing is OCD.
Hypervigilance.

I'm not kidding when I say that I had anxiety and panic attacks for several years back in my 20s......
you don't have to freak out about what other people are doing or not doing when they are busy being human.

But, if you prefer to just go along with that discomfort, well - don't say you weren't advised on how to get some relief.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: violet

Not for nothing.... but EVERY public restroom should have one of these. Nothing worse than doing your business, washing and drying your hands....... then you grab the door handle and it's wet with WHO KNOWS WHAT?!?!?!?!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
There is an OTC treatment that you can use that has no repercussions or adverse effects whatsoever.

Both of you, do not listen to her! My OTC cure for your condition is the holistic and all natural Jack Frigging Daniels.

Fill a large glass with remedy, take two ice cubes and put them in a glass of water or something, they are useless and really do not help. Drink remedy, repeat as necessary until you forget that you are literally COVERED with germs. Covered I say! Muhahaha.

Full disclosure, I own stock in the JD distillery.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
...then you grab the door handle and it's wet with WHO KNOWS WHAT?!?!?!?!

Oh, stop pretending, you know exactly what it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

People aren't clean. That's what your rant is all about.

If it's "benign", then why make an all-caps rant about it?

But, if that's what you were after, I apologize.
Here's what really, really drives me nuts: loud breathing, and chewing/drinking/mouth noises.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you doctor.

Finally! A sensible approach!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

....and chewing/drinking/mouth noises.

Yeah, that. People who chew with their mouths open make me want to cave in their heads with a 10lb sledge.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Right? Even if they chew with their mouths closed, just the sound of chewing makes me cringe! Licking - slurping, smacking....It's horrible!

Anyway, I suppose I owe Narc an apology for not accurately reading his thread here.
I guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Damn you Augustus!!!!
You're not helping my mental blocking of the sick reality!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Anyway, I suppose I owe Narc an apology for not accurately reading his thread here.
I guess.

Give him a wet willy first.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

LOL!!!

Ew!

No thanks. His ears look kinda grimy.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There is an OTC treatment that you can use that has no repercussions or adverse effects whatsoever.

Both of you, do not listen to her! My OTC cure for your condition is the holistic and all natural Jack Frigging Daniels.

It will cure hiccups, too!

link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
Damn you Augustus!!!!
You're not helping my mental blocking of the sick reality!!!!

Sorry, man. Rub some Purell on your brain.

edit on 1-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

link   

Right? Even if they chew with their mouths closed, just the sound of chewing makes me cringe! Licking - slurping, smacking....It's horrible!
Oh, and I need treatment?

Anyway, I suppose I owe Narc an apology

Accepted.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It will cure hiccups, too!

Makes chicks hotter too.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I was a construction worker. There was no water to wash your hands with before eating lunch. I was hardly ever sick. Now when I stopped working and started to take medicines I was sick all the time. When I quit the medicines, within three months I didn't get sick anymore. Some of those meds can dampen a persons immune response by unbalancing chemistries of the body.

I am not afraid of germs, I am skeptical that that triclosan is going to negatively effect people's immune systems though, I don't use that stuff knowingly. It is in some things and used by workers in the food industry. It can cause a dampening of an important enzyme. Whether that enzyme effects the immune system I am unsure.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What did you take medicine for if you weren't sick?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join