It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash your feggin hands people

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: rickymouse

What did you take medicine for if you weren't sick?

Tachychardia treated with Beta-blockers, tried them three different times throughout my life. That is not a sickness, it is an inherited condition.

Then the Anti-epileptic drugs, they really shut down my immune system, most had antifolate activity or antimetabolite properties. Those were to treat epilepsy from a car accident. I do it now utilizing certain foods, it saves the insurance company 2500 bucks a month. Well, if I would have kept taking them, I would already be dead according to the neurologist who was prescribing them. I burned through my sixth, seventh, and eighth life taking those meds, I am on my ninth life now, I got to watch it.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

haha cute!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oh and, I need treatment?

No, you don't need treatment, it's the folks that blow their nose with their hands before boarding the bus or sitting at a public table that need treatment... with disinfectant!... I didn't want to post the horrors I have seen, but people should know.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

I have a friend who wears gloves in public during cold and flu season. And on the off chance you find him without gloves, I've actually heard him say "I don't shake hands during sick season". Lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

*moonwalks in

Wash your hands and mask your mouth!
*moonwalks back out

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 I get a sense of unease when I see people in public wearing surgical masks... like what the heck do they have!?!
Hope you are doing good, Quantum!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Hello friend peppycat. When I see people wearing a mask I feel like a big germ. Like they don't want to breath the same air we breath.

I feel like they think ew that human has bad air comming out lol
edit on 6 1 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 1 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 Hopefully they are just paranoid and don't have TB or something and want to protect everyone else!
Maybe they think the rest of us need a breath mint!
Don't take their mask wearing personally, they may be protecting you from their bad breath!😊

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

LOL, yes I like your outlook, very positive.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
DON'T WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the guy with HIV goes for a poop and messes up his hands.

He waltzes over and turns the tap on.
Now theres HIV poop on the tap.

He then rinses and turns the tap off.
Now theres HIV poop and water on the tap.

He now dries his hands and grabs the door handle.
Three guesses as to whats on the door handle?

Unless you have auto everything in a washroom - anything you touch is infected by the previous visitors.( hint - use paper towels )

Enjoy your chicken wings and blt's.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Your immune system suffers if you don't let it do it's job.

I eat anywhere, any time and never get sick.

I also save a lot of money on sanitisers, and disinfecting wipes.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
op might be an alien. i cant remember the last time i was sick, i do think immune systems evolve and get better.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Wow, after reading through some of the replies, it seems ATS is represented by two groups:

A) extremely healthy people who don't overdo the handwashing / sanitizing

B) Obsessive washers/sanitizers, who fall into 2 subcategories:
B1) sickly and prone to allergies
B2) surrounded by the worst, most grimy "unsanitary" offenders

I'm group A, but I think being part of the antagonists to group B2 would be the most fun.

Sometimes I'll eat a booger. They're like miniature escargot

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Quantum12 I get a sense of unease when I see people in public wearing surgical masks... like what the heck do they have!?!

Not a germophobe by any stretch, but I have literally crossed the street to avoid mask-wearers. I figure most of the time, they're probably neutropenic from chemo, but the rest of them probably have some kind of weird lung parasite or something. They also always look like they have this terrified look on their faces, like, "oh no! If he rips my mask off, we're all doomed!"

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: peppycat

Not a germophobe by any stretch, but I have literally crossed the street to avoid mask-wearers. I figure most of the time, they're probably neutropenic from chemo, but the rest of them probably have some kind of weird lung parasite or something. They also always look like they have this terrified look on their faces, like, "oh no! If he rips my mask off, we're all doomed!"
I was unaware that it could be chemo related, good to know...but you never know for sure why someone would wear a surgical mask.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Actually for both NB and violet:

There is an OTC treatment that you can use that has no repercussions or adverse effects whatsoever -
vitamin B6.

Pyridoxine Hydrochloride. It is a use-as-needed immediate relief thing for panic attacks (similar to Tylenol for pain relief timing)......If you feel your anxiety level getting out of your comfort zone, take 200 mg of B6. (If you take more than 250, you might get tingly fingertips - but the stuff is water soluble so you excrete the excess and it doesn't "build up" in your system - but it sure as heck does help!!)

This is "old-skool" maybe for some of you - it was taught to me by a doctor back in the mid-80s.

Well thanks for the advice but I am not having any anxiety over my hygiene habits, nor shall I be called mentally ill.

---------------------------------

How is it all you dirt lovers feel the need to call people who want to be clean, mentally ill?
Not all of us have OCD. I just don't care to frolic in dirt. Nor do I wish to put it in my mouth and ingest it.

edit on 2-6-2016 by violet because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Frankly I am insulted I am being called mentally ill and need help.
I understood your op and jumped in with some examples that came to mind, I do not freak out about them or have to breathe into a paper bag to quell my anxiety.

I thought OCD was doing repetitive things? Or lining up soup cans alphabetically. I don't care what it is though and I most definitely will not be seeking help to become a filthy pig!

" yes I'm here to get help, I'd like to start eating dirt"

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Frankly I am insulted I am being called mentally ill and need help.
I understood your op and jumped in with some examples that came to mind, I do not freak out about them or have to breathe into a paper bag to quell my anxiety.

I thought OCD was doing repetitive things? Or lining up soup cans alphabetically. I don't care what it is though and I most definitely will not be seeking help to become a filthy pig!

" yes I'm here to get help, I'd like to start eating dirt"

Apparently being OCD just means doing anything that is contradictory to whomever is the biggest loudmouth pundit on societal norms.

Believe me I was a bit insulted too. That's why I decided to shrug it off and go out for a few games of pool. Don't worry though, I didn't have the obsessive, nor compulsive need to wipe down the cue stick before sinking some shots.

For whatever reason, cleanliness is often associated with OCD. Soooo, by that measure, what is blatant dirtiness associated with?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I hope I'm not the only person that would pick up a loose Oreo and blow the hair and/or visible crud off and still be able to eat it. I like to think that some exposure is good to keep my immune system on its toes and build up anti-bodies and stuff. And for some reason I always think of starving people in foreign countries that would eat dirt mixed with butter and be grateful for it cause it's all they had. They would eat that Oreo no prob.

Didn't George Carlin say something to the effect of "When I was a kid...we swam in raw sewage!...and we never got sick".

Having clean hands for a handshake also depends on the situation. Business meetings should have clean dry handshakes. If I'm wrenching on a car and you insist on shaking, you're gonna get some grease or dirt

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
op might be an alien. i cant remember the last time i was sick, i do think immune systems evolve and get better.

Not when you take methotrexate weekly. In fact, my hand-washing "obsession" (as some members seem to label) comes from habits I learned while fighting cancer for 3 years.

It just makes sense. My hands get pretty damn dirty from work. I come into contact with half a dozen people and all kinds of gross stuff before lunchtime.

Y'all seriously gonna tell me one, quick hand-wash is over the top?

edit on 2-6-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join