It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU hurt my feelings and YOU can't say that!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: onequestion

I have a great memory.

That is a little creepy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Pahleease; you believe it's true so everyone else that disagrees with you is wrong...

That appears to be a very weak troll comment.

Not even a nibble, but good try.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

What really makes me mad is when people refer to me as they or their and not them.

It pierces the heart of my emotions. My bleeding heart of emotions.
edit on 5/28/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Then the "mods' get called and the Whaaaaaambulance comes in and sensors your post because you may have potentially possibly perhaps pissed someone off.

Censorship in any form or fashion is not conducive to honest discourse. If someone is always sour, the majority will eventually stop responding. If censorship is introduced, the true opinions will be stifled/censored and you will end up with 'nosebleed' drivel that is politically correct meaningless to everyone and useful to no-one.

It's almost as if you are a prophet.

Nah, just living it, the pattern is easy to recognize and it really is pathetic (at best). If I get banned for this know that you have no freedom of speech here; or maybe I am just a crazy conspiracy theorist.... like almost everyone else here for free....

Oh Yeah, I am a prophet in my spare time.....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It's really hard to have a conversation with someone who is totally detached from reality.

Again, address my initial comments on the topic at hand. I will not continue on if you insist on making this personally about me.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

I have a great memory.

That is a little creepy.

Yeah, I find it odd that he remembers a thread of mine from years ago and brings it up in this thread completely off topic.

I'm looking for a new leader for my fan club.

Maybe the staff on ATS will give me my own forum so I can be trolled repeatedly all day by the same 4 people.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

edit on 28-5-2016 by breakingbs because: oops

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You going to answer the question, why is it ok for you to get all snowflake but not ok for others?

link   

Yep. Don't see any reference to him being upset that people won't deal with his psychological and verbal abuse.

What he said is people need to suck it up and control their emotions, regardless of other people's language. What I have shown is that language can have real-world consequences and that approach is ignorant of reality.

It's a rather simple concept.

link   

Wahhhhh! You hurt my feelings when you said that!!

Bahh, wrong!

Only you can control your feelings and it's about damn time you take ownership over the way you feel and stop trying to police other peoples language.

Let's take a look at the word ownership and see what it means...

Google

own·er·ship
ˈōnərˌSHip/
noun
noun: ownership; plural noun: ownerships

the act, state, or right of possessing something.

The right of possessing something. YOU possess your own feelings, they are not mine to determine. They are yours and only you can effect them. Feeling victimized by my words is a choice YOU make for yourself, not one that I make for you. In todays world of safe spaces and everybody wins if you say something someone finds offensive, or derogatory they feel they have the moral high ground or the moral authority to take your right of free speech away and this is the beginning of a bigger problem. The scariest part of this entire paradigm is that is a small minority of the population who are attempting to and beginning to succeed in taking control of the public narratives to the point of where our presidential hopefuls are having to comment on things such as what bathrooms are we aloud to use.

Thought crime, spoken of in Orwell's 1984 is the basis for and beginning of an authoritarianism that we are seeing really popping its head up during this years election cycle in a way I've never seen before... all the way down to what bathroom people are using.

Thoughtcrime Wiki

The term was popularized in the dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell, wherein thoughtcrime is the criminal act of holding unspoken beliefs or doubts that oppose or question the ruling party. In the book, the government attempts to control not only the speech and actions, but also the thoughts of its subjects.

In this case we are speaking about the far left and extreme liberal logic, where we have to use the proper gender pronouns depending on the pronoun someone chooses to be called by based on some gender spectrum. Not that I inherently have a problem with this but I have a problem with the fact that these issues are being used to control and divide to implement a more direct system of control, control of our speech patterns and thoughts.

This is a scary trend and I am not confident that the younger generations are going to break this trend. With the destruction and perversion of our school systems at both a local and college level, our children are being used against us to further this agenda.

(I'm tired this thread may be all over the place)

Or... You know people can apply common sense and decency when dealing with each other; attributes which are in increasingly short supply.

These days it's like watching a world full of bi-polar toddlers; it's all either or, either you can say anything and other people should just suck it up (*cough* see OP) or you can't say anything that might, maybe could be construed as negative or offensive. It's stupid

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What's creepy about having a great memory?

link   

What really makes me mad is when people refer to me as they or their and not them.

I'm gonna need you to own it

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I have a question.. when are you going to stop trolling me?

Just curious.

link   

I would be upset that anyone responded to me in a plural manner....

Don't misunderstand, I definitely do not want to pierce their heart!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yep. Don't see any reference to him being upset that people won't deal with his psychological and verbal abuse.

What he said is people need to suck it up and control their emotions, regardless of other people's language. What I have shown is that language can have real-world consequences and that approach is ignorant of reality.

It's a rather simple concept.

No. He was stating that he's tired of people being empowered to be victims at any and all language at their own discretion. Common hate speech is a no brainer.

Nowhere did he imply that someone should stand there and take being called slurs, epithets or any other hate speech.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

So asking a question about your rant is now trolling???

I think that you just don't like being called out on your own hypocrisy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

I have a question.. when are you going to stop trolling me?

Just curious.

You know, it's funny you say that because in both of your threads today you said that you were counting down the minutes until I showed up to join the conversation.

Either you are my fan club, obsessed or a liar.

link   

What's creepy about having a great memory?

Just kinda out of left field. Your not offended by the word creepy are you?

link   

I'll take him for his word, or wait for him to actually address the issue and clarify.

If you don't mind.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

a reply to: pl3bscheese

Pahleease; you believe it's true so everyone else that disagrees with you is wrong...

That appears to be a very weak troll comment.

Not even a nibble, but good try.

"I hit myself in the foot with a shovel for your mortgage"

The above is about as relevant to what I said (in my opinion) as your statement. Would you care to expand upon what you mean by "very weak troll"?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join