It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia Approves Death for Pedophiles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

You obviously misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm all for castration/prison for first offense, and even death for repeat offenders. I am talking about working towards healing society's psyche, collectively. I don't think that people who commit these offenses are capable of true healing... but perhaps we can better PREVENT this sick way of manifesting...

.... or perhaps it's a totally hopeless cause, as you think, and the problem will only get worse no matter what we do... so we should just be perpetually angry.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This thread has turned into a murderous rampage. Get a grip.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

And one more comment. If you have seen any of my commentary, you will understand that I think this is the most absolute disgusting and terrible crime that anyone can commit. Anyone convicted of this needs to face the most serious and harsh penalty period.

With that being said, I am against the death penalty in any and all cases.

Why you might ask?

Our justice system in the world is far from perfect. Many innocent lives are lost based on false convictions on a regular basis. Many people are put to death, or spend life in prison when evidence comes out after the fact that exonerates them. Even if it is ONE innocent life lost, it is too many. People are already persecuted at the hands of a corrupt system, and I do not think that you should be put down at the risk of losing an innocent person.

ONE innocent life is too many.

The death penalty needs to be barred from any and all situations. There are other forms of punishment that would be much worse. Letting some scumbag take the easy way out is letting them off lightly. Chemical castration +ACTUAL life without parole would be much more suitable.

At least they are taking notice of these horrible crimes against children.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Not enough nuance in this one for them to argue against. It needs to be a bit more cloudy before they can inject their veiled arguments.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
Shouldn't any murder get the same sentence?

Also, beware using "safety for children" as a reason for anything...

Example, for the safety of children the Constitution should suspended... for the safety of children all males are now banned from using the interwebs... for the safety of children everyone can only listen to only the first two Osmonds release.

Derek

Agreed. as far as I'm concerned, in a general way, murder is far worse than rape. The rape victim has a chance to recover and live their life. The murder victim does not. I've always found it rather odd that so many people think pedos are worse than murderers. Obviously both are crap, but I think the murderers are worse.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

What would you do with them?

They cant be Rehabilitated .

Only other option if life without any chance of parole.
None.
edit on 28-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: angeldoll

What would you do with them?

They cant be Rehabilitated .

I know they can't be rehabilitated, (so far) this much is true. I just don't want a blood bath in my wake in getting them away from children. I guess prison is the only solution for now. Beats me.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
For me killing a pedophile is the easy way out, put them in a cage, with no human contact and keep them alive for a very very long time, so they can wake up everyday in there lovely cage. Now that's torture.

I would agree, but usually they end up getting out in 3-5 years on good behavior.

So I say hang 'em high and let the threat of imminent death sink in to the rest of the sickos out there.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Exactly

Some pedo judge or a bleeding hearts parole board ends up letting them walk.

Better to put them down for good so there is zero chance they can hurt again.

This isn't about vengeance or deterrence its about public safety.

Only way you can make one of these monster's safe is to put them down.
Long as they are alive they are a risk.
edit on 28-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HeyAHuman

Perhaps I did, but my feelings are you cannot leave the chance for a second offense to occur. Plus, you never know what new laws will come about in the future, or if overcrowding forces them to release any of these sickos.

Nope, eradication is the only solution in my opinion. If you can harm a child, you don't belong in the human family any longer. Some Native American tribes had it right, they would stone pedos to death. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Exactl.

Somehow unless they are serial killers lifers find away out eventually.

Just takes a pardon, soft judge, bleeding heart parole board, corrupt prison warden or some bollocks about being released on compassionate grounds and you have a monster walking the streets again.

Only safe way to treat a pedophile is like you would treat a rabid dog, kill it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yep, sometimes they end up finding god, or become a model inmate, then some self appointed so called expert makes it their life's passion to fight for the compassionate release of their enlightened new found friend. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Indonesia Approves Death for Pedophiles

Meanwhile in america....

SJW's make video adds with pedophiles in it talking about how when they babysit their 5 year old niece they need to go to the restroom to "relieve" themselves.

(Video can be found on salon.com)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb

Example, for the safety of children the Constitution should suspended... for the safety of children all males are now banned from using the interwebs... for the safety of children everyone can only listen to only the first two Osmonds release.

Derek

Agreed. as far as I'm concerned, in a general way, murder is far worse than rape. The rape victim has a chance to recover and live their life. The murder victim does not. I've always found it rather odd that so many people think pedos are worse than murderers. Obviously both are crap, but I think the murderers are worse.

I disagree. The murder victim is dead. They don't know they are dead, they aren't suffering. A child who's the victim of rape has to relive that crime over and over.

I don't want my tax money going to the comfort of a cell, bunk, meals.
I say feed em to the gators.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

well that's nice news

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Poor girl... Hopefully from now on there will be less pedophiles molesting children at least in Indonesia.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeyAHuman
I find it interesting how many people hurriedly say "Kill them! Torture them!" with loads of public approval... considering that just about everybody knows somebody (often in their own family) who has suffered some form of sexual abuse... often from family members, or people close to them. I understand the importance of prevention, and I do condone some very strict penalties being used... but I have to wonder how much real perspective many have on this, and how complex an issue it is. We need to ultimately work on healing the psyche rather than to just expect the laws to magically fix things.

Couldn't agree with you more, but it's impossible to say that these days about this subject. You would think that a bit of intelligence could be applied to the situation but all we really have is a lynch mob, who if they really didn't want this to happen would put some thought into it instead of "Kill them all," which will NOT stop new ones from being formed.
edit on 28-5-2016 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: thebtheb

Derek

I was raped before, and I don't relive it over and over. I forgot all about it to tell you the truth. It was 34 years ago, life goes on and there are plenty of happy moments to be had.

I've been raped before and I don't relive it over and over again. I forgot all about it.

I disagree. The murder victim is dead. They don't know they are dead, they aren't suffering. A child who's the victim of rape has to relive that crime over and over.

I don't want my tax money going to the comfort of a cell, bunk, meals.
I say feed em to the gators.

edit on 28-5-2016 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Konduit

Exactly

Some pedo judge or a bleeding hearts parole board ends up letting them walk.

Better to put them down for good so there is zero chance they can hurt again.

This isn't about vengeance or deterrence its about public safety.

Only way you can make one of these monster's safe is to put them down.
Long as they are alive they are a risk.

I posted thread on here a long time ago, about a high-risk sex offender that served his time and within a month of his release, stalked and strangled a 17 yr old girl.

I have family in Canada and this really struck home for me. If this sick # was just put in the chair the left to fry, an innocent girl wouldn't have been tortured and murdered. But the bleeding heart Liberals put him back on the street to destroy families and ruin lives. It's just sad.

edit on 29-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Everyone's fervour to jump on this bandwagon presumes Due Process and a fair and Just trial. Something that does not consistently exist in Indonesia. So people better stay on the good side of the powerful and influential in their circle and community, or find themselves unjustly accused of a heinous crime that comes with the ultimate penalty.

The opposite of Justice.

Disappointing to see how many people ready to light torches and get their pitchforks ready.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join