It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Teen Murdered After Release of High-Risk Sex Offender.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

High-Risk Sex Offender Charged With Murder of Surrey Teen.

S erena Vermeersch: "That's Any Kid Walking Home From The Bus Stop."

Raymond Lee Caissie​, a high-risk sex offender who was released from prison last year after serving 22 years for a violent sexual assault, has been charged with the murder of Surrey, B.C., teen Serena Vermeersch.

The teenager was last seen getting off a bus on 66th Avenue after 8pm on Monday, September 15th. Vermeersch, 17, was reported missing by her mother on Tuesday morning when she didn't come home after going out the previous night. Her body was found Tuesday night in the 14600 block of 66th Avenue near a set of railroad tracks in Surrey's East Newton neighbourhood, less then a block from her home and within 8 blocks of the communities RCMP Detachment Headquarters, in an area frequently passed by police vehicles.

The man charged, Raymond Lee Caissie, 43, was the subject of a BC Corrections warning in June, 2013, when he was released from prison after serving 22 years for rape, robbery and forcible confinement committed in Abbotsford. A 2013 RCMP news release regarding the offender states "Caissie has maintained a varied pattern of offending, having offended both violently and sexually, in both an opportunistic and impulsive manner, he is to be supervised by the Surrey Probation Office and is being monitored by the Surrey RCMP."

This is just heartbreaking. Because of the gross negligence and complete failure of the Criminal Justice System here in Canada, this innocent child has had her entire life taken from her. Words cannot express the outrage I am feeling right now...

Obviously the question must be asked... HOW a convicted rapist, who has spent his entire adulthood in prison, a diagnosed Sociopath with other serious mental disorders and confirmed as being beyond rehabilitation with a high-risk of re-offense... was released into the community to hunt down another innocent victim. The current laws do nothing to prevent these monsters from being released, they serve there time then are injected right back into society as a ticking time bomb. Legislation should be introduced that provides tougher options for this type of situation, too bad there are too many bleeding-hearts here in Canada that consistently vote against harsher laws and punishments for violent offenders. I believe those responsible for clearing this mans release should be held accountable in some way.

Of course, the politicians are now ready to jump on the bandwagon AFTER the fact; Mayor Diane Watts, in an interview Monday, said learning of the teen’s death left her sick to her stomach.“When he was released into the community, with a warning that he had a high potential to reoffend, it speaks to the rights of the offender as opposed to the rights of the general public,” she said. “I have said for many, many years that the safety of the general public has to be foremost.” To her credit, when a public alert was issued last year regarding the release of this monster, she openly questioned why high-risk sex offenders were being released into her community.

Being open and honest, as a Canadian I am an advocate of Capital Punishment. This monster deserves nothing short of death, he has already spent most of his life living off the taxpayers and it did absolutely nothing to change him. And the sad fact is, the system didn't just fail Serena, it failed this man as well. Perhaps if he got the right treatments and attention he deserved this tragedy may have been prevented, but its also said that sociopaths can never be fully rehabilitated... a bomb waiting to go off, and the police are just there to clean up the mess.

My heart goes out to her family, I can't imagine what they are going through right now. Rest in peace little angel, you are in a much better place now.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

... No words for this. I'd kill the guy in public if I were to see him.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The system fails, once again.

The only cure for his kind of sickness comes in the form of a bullet.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

And some people refuse to believe there is evil in this world. What a waste of a young person's life.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Man for real??? Canada has some seriously EFFed up laws. The greyhound beheader is out walking around free right now too...... Think il just stay in my own little frosty wonderland of Michigan..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I believe people are born with this illness. It's not something therapy or prison time can cure. I never thought I'd say something like this, but here I am.

These people should be taken out back and, well you know the rest. There is help for people like this.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Remember the good'ol days of vigilante justice, when men like this would have been drawn, quartered and left to hang in the town square. Now we give 'em room and board until the paperwork works its way through the bureaucracy and pieces of excrement like this are flushed back on to the streets.

This is not an isolated situation, BC and Ontario are littered with these types of offenders and it has been an issue for a long time. There is currently an epidemic in the west of native american women being murdered, so much that the Canadian Women's Foundation and Amnesty International created the group No More Stolen Sisters and a Facebook page dedicated to the issue.

Some people on here might be familiar with the Highway of Tears as well and all the unsolved disappearances and murders associated with it. Every time one of these perpetrators is caught it's always somebody who was well known to police and had previously been in and out of the system like the infamous Robert Pickton case. Canada's criminal justice system is highly flawed.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think many of laws and punishments are freaking joke, they totally fail the victims, criminals and rest of the societies, funny thing is we all know laws aint perfect and they need to be update within times but why its so dam hard?

During the past few years i been keeping on eye of these cases and have tried to figure out some things and sadly my observation is that our laws in global scale are softening the fight against rapist, paedophilia and many other crimes against socities, families etc, while same time there seem to be all the time more organized rings of these criminals, they have their rings operating inside our systems, holding pretty much every type of jobs, from works that have children to take care to our governments and most likely they work globally together, there are documents that tells about these and there also asked these questions how the hell this have let happen like this and what the hell is governments doing about it? Why ppl do not talk out loud about it already, why they do not take a side of the victims and demand justice and update of the laws and whole punishment systems.

Some countries do not even sentence jail time of raping the child, even some of our so called modern western countries included.

Sadly we live in world that ppl rather stay quiet until their loved ones becomes a victim of rape and even murder and the cycle goes on, some think its even okey to joke about it and provoke that sh1t, teach our kids to mirror whore like behavior is okey and cool etc.

Yes i live in barrel, i do not want to accept this is the best we can do but same time i see we the ppl losed the war long time ago and now we should just be happy what ever we got, we should be tankful to em they let some of us live almost normal lifes.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x

The system fails, once again.

The only cure for his kind of sickness comes in the form of a bullet.

Not only this, but the parole board who let him out should be in prison as accessories to murder. If they were actually held accountable for their decisions, they would be a lot more cautious about whom they release.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

^ this 10,000 times over.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

In a more perfect world we would kill these SOBs. Why let him live? Will he have a moment of revelation and be cured of his evil?

Kill him. Save a life or two in the process.

edit on 9 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

In a more perfect world we would kill these SOBs. Why let him live? Will he have a moment of revelation and be cured of his evil?

Kill him. Save a life or two in the process.

Imagine using his organs to save other lives.

There are many people that need new kidneys, liver and maybe a heart transplant. Using his organs to save lives would have been much beneficial.

It would save the lives of people, prevent the death of people like that girl and we wouldn't have a dangerous rapist to prey on the innocent. Wouldn't that be a win win situation?

We could also use the rest of his body to let future surgeons to practice on and become better doctors.

Just an idea.
edit on 23-9-2014 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Nm
edit on Tue September 23rd, 2014 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The irony being that you all decry his actions but then call for his death as a way to ensure peace.

The world will never be at peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Justice would be well served in just ten minutes alone with
this slime. No brag, just fact.

And peace has nothing to do with it. Only pieces.

edit on Rpm92314v052014u07 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

The irony being that you all decry his actions but then call for his death as a way to ensure peace.

I don't think anyone said anything about ensuring peace. It's more about preventing things like this from happening.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
This is very local for me.
I think though the guy did his 22 years for the original kidnapping/rape..full sentence which is pretty rare here but indicates he was a real bad apple inside or they feared releasing him(most would of been out at just over 15yrs), but the point is he did the time and was released. We have a mechanism here called "dangerous offender status" I don't know why that wasn't pursued, I think that would of been the only thing to keep him in beyond his original sentence.
He did have conditions that he breached after release and was jailed for a few monthes, that is were they really should of looked into trying to keep him.
Very sick and sad situation..I remember the R.C.M.P. issued warnings after he was released.
My heart goes out to the family.

edit on 23-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is just heartbreaking-and infuriating.Well that's the result of the bleeding heart progressive mindset that things such as this piece of # Can be rehabilitated.If I was in control of things,this thing would Not have wasted a single solitary dime of the taxpayer's money-first time you were found guilty of acts of brutality such as he was convicted of in the first place,I'd have had you in front of a firing squad.Really,unless those in charge are going to stop pussyfooting around with predators like this monster-NOTHING will ever change-and the innocent and decent will ALWAYS be prey.Grow a pair for eff's sake and do what needs to be done.It's not like we need anymore dangerous predators in this world.All this thing ever contributed to the human race is misery and horror.As his kind will continue to do,unless they're put down upon conviction, as a matter of course. reply to: Konduit

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This guy is every single child's nightmare come true. 22 years in prison, diagnosed with a series of mental disorders, you can imagine how much of a creep he is. Even his mugshot looks 100% cliche psychopath.

They release him and he starts stalking around railway tracks and secluded shortcuts after dark, waiting to ambush kids walking home... Honestly, it was only a matter of time... considering how much of a danger he posed to the community this guy should have had a tracking bracelet.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

The world will never be at peace.

Not ironic at all. Sometimes actions are so horrible death is an appropriate response and punishment. The Nazis were executed, certainly you would not call that "ironic."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join