It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Closes The Door To Monsanto

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
On May 23rd Putin in his address to the Russian Parliament outlined his plan to make Russia the world's 'leading exporter of non-GMO foods that are based on 'ecologically clean' production.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

Its a short but interesting article and boy does Putin sock-it especially to Monsanto and those in America who are behind it. In fact he is offering to take young Americans who want to be involved in this type of manufacturing and are sick of the control of the 1% rich in that country.

This new law demands that anyone violating mandatory requirements clear labelling of food products that contain GMO will be punished by law as now GMO related activities are considered a terrorist act or death threat, a criminal act that deserves punishment because of the threat to mass ecological and human genocide.

naturalsociety.com...

Putin has also authorised a new law against GMO-related activities and any individual breaking this new law could be fined $890 (50,000 rubbles) and any business entity $5300 (150,000 rubbles). In addition to the fines al food in question will be confiscated.

I find this interested and a move in the right direction regarding our health - which profit from company's such as Monanso always gets in the way of and makes excesses of money with the pharmaceutical industries.

I suspect those with interests in these two industries will start to rotate in their cosy beds because this could be the beginning of the end and yet again we can see why Obama and Cameron along with other cronies in power hate Putin and especially all things Russian.

If this is all correct and we start to see Russian imports clearly labelled as not GMO providing no other detrimental information comes to light I know my family will be right up for buying these products. Along with others we already boycott certain foods we have been told contain GMO and we can't afford to gamble with our health if we can avoid it.

I did look to see if this has been posted elsewhere and apologies if it has.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
All grain in australia is now GMO so I no longer eat bread,bakery products and only eat grass fed animals I would welcome a non GMO grain alternative

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Would be a smart strategic move amid all the treachery in the world emanating from entities I won't name in the seeds and chemicals business.
edit on 27-5-2016 by stabstab because: ?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I suspect there are huge numbers of people who will welcome this and obviously when Russia starts sporting its economy will shoot into the black with this very clever political move which will appeal to everyone around the world who knows about Monsanto and the disgusting profiteers behind it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

I do hope this brilliant move and good intention will convince people that farming is far better than war. It seems a very Russian thing to do to go fly in the face of 'institutions' like Monsanto.

What made me really angry was a small article about the suicide rate of Indian farmers because they were no longer allowed to use their own seeds and had to pay Monsanto each year out of their meagre profit. Everything Monsanto does if regardless of the cost to human life and I hope their directors and PTB will face prosecution for this terrorist act which Putin is right in defining. Seeing it in words will help people get this evil clarified in their minds.

Its important - which Putin recognises in his speech that the American people also get a choice in this (alongside the Europeans) who are so imprisoned by the group that operates that company and all its buddies and bankers) The food lobbyists are especially strong but its a human choice we should still be able to make for ourselves if we choose to eat GMO or not.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Good move by Vlad. The growing impotence in EU from rejecting Monsanto really gets me. I will be looking for Russian imports if I have to import anything.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Putin is a very smart man.

1 No-GMO comes out Rusland
2 People in the West buy No-GMO
3 West Blocks No-GMO from Rusland.
4 Economic santions against Rusland.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
GMO food products are 100% safe to eat. music is magic tells you so, so therefore eat it, sell it and profit from it.
Remember Bovine spongiform encaphalpathy, (BSE) (mad cow disease), being fed the remains of other cattle to cattle. If its good for the cattle, its good for the cattle. Well, folks, trust me. GMO tested foods have been extensively tested where prohibited in the "dream pillows" of the experts at Monsato bunkers. Putin at least thinks of his people before profits in this case. Stand up people, you must fight Monsato before your brains are totally lost. Look at all the sillyness in America already, where someone is enlightening the masses and being laugh at and sadly with riots to make that person look like a moron. Monsato products are mostly mans poison. Remember Agent Orange, hmm, if its good for the Viet Cong, its got to be good for GI Joe too.

Wake up people.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7 I live in America and can't understand why so many here either don't care or blindly follow propaganda saying GMO's are safe... I've seen it in my state where one year we were voting on putting GMO labels on food and it didn't pass...i'm sure it was do to the pro GMO advertising that people got hypnotized by.

This is a great OP! Thank you. I hope the rest of the world follows Putin.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Mad cow disease had nothing to do with Mansanto, so why exactly do you think it does?

Just saying it doesn't make it true.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Things that make you go MMMM ...

China made its boldest overseas takeover move when state-owned ChemChina agreed a $43 billion bid for Swiss seeds and pesticides group Syngenta on Wednesday, aiming to improve domestic food production. The largest ever foreign purchase by a Chinese firm, announced by both companies, will accelerate a shake-up in global agrochemicals and marks a setback for U.S. firm Monsanto, which failed to buy Syngenta last year. China, the world's largest agricultural market, is looking to secure food supply for its population. Syngenta's portfolio of top-tier chemicals and patent-protected seeds will represent a major upgrade of its potential output. "Only around 10 percent of Chinese farmland is efficient. This is more than just a company buying another. This is a government attempting to address a real problem," a source close to the deal told Reuters.
www.reuters.com... Add to that that Russia and China had (I thought) inked a agreement to expand some of the eastern part of Russia to expand the agriculture ...As a tag team they must be causing havoc for the western think tanks ..

Then I read William Engdahl's piece and wonder just what is going on

I must make a confession. I never thought it would get this far. There is an absolutely amazing international revolt against the most deadly and most widely used weed killer in world agriculture–glyphosate. Those of you who have followed my earlier writings can detect my feeling of pessimism that mere “democratic” grass-roots protest, combined with a scientific assessment from an agency of WHO that glyphosate was a “probable carcinogen” would be enough to stop the pending, twice-postponed EU Commission renewal of the expiring license for glyphosate in the EU. It almost doesn’t matter at this point what the ultimate vote is when the next EU Commission glyphosate meeting is convened. The genie is out of the bottle. One of the world’s most important eugenics projects to maim and ultimately reduce human population is on the brink of being banned much as DDT decades ago. On May 19, a revised proposal by the European Commission to re-approve glyphosate for use in Europe for 9 more years (rather than the original 15 years), but with almost no restrictions on use, failed to secure the required qualified majority among EU governments. This is an amazing and very positive development for democratic empowerment against an institution increasingly seen–not only by the British population–as an anti-democratic, even totalitarian structure irresponsive to the most basic concerns for the health and safety of EU citizens. The agri-chemical industry bigs—Monsanto, Syngenta, Bayer and friends–are stunned at their failure. Corruption in government corridors whether in Berlin or Brussels seems to be losing its efficacy. journal-neo.org...
journal-neo.org...
edit on 27-5-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Do you have any credible sources for this claim?

Edit: it's bunk:

www.snopes.com...
edit on 27-5-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Actually snopes is quite retarded, and the query you linked doesn't relate to the OP, like at all....

Russia, IS becoming a major grain exporter, but the real question is how much of it comes from East Ukraine.

After talking with my friend today I know that Donetsk and Lugansk are not safe places to visit.

Russia has historically relied on Ukraine for food exports. How much of that is coming from the separatist areas? Since little green men still patrol those areas and get a salary I would guess they are important to Russia.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I don't doubt that the West will try to block Russian GMO foods, but I would say good luck with that because people have a choice in what they buy and if the government feels the people are determined to eat healthy non GMO food they would be on a hiding to nothing trying to defend why they are forcing Monsanto's GMO food onto unwilling voters

Putin's timing could't have been better because the UK faces an exit vote from the EU and a huge number of Brits are aware of Monsanto and politicians vested interested, so this could become an issue Cameron will hate to have exposed.
Good on Putin, he is showing himself to be a master of timing and policies that people actually want.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It was the principle of telling people that something is harmless as in cattle feeding on cattle being fine with no problems and then suddenly Mad Cow disease affecting people that was being referred to.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for that info I suspect Russia has a lot of land that can be farmed and the chinese have a lot of people who may want to go there to farm also.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Bayer recently made a bid on Monsanto. It now is in the negotiation phase. Bayer isn't generally in the major spectrum of a GMO corp, but they are in it a bit being 3% of the global GMO market.

Russia will gladly work with Bayer if Monsanto sells.

If, or should I say when, it happens, expect the next global crash I'm assuming. We haven't had a global food economy crash yet, but just maybe it will be soon!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Your snipes ref is 2013 - we are now in 2016. My references are fine and you can check out google etc and find a lot more all saying the same things.

People don't think GMO food is safe so this is Iimportent to them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You raise some good points. I had read about Bayer but put it to the back of my mind because until we know what their policies will be - and the disgusting one of altering the biology of seeds in order to force poor farmers to buy every year is costing lives. Perhaps |Bayer might have - better principles - however I don't hold my breath.

If enough of the public find out about this I suspect they will ultimately force Monsanto into oblivion but naturally its executives will get out before this happens smelling of roses - however if we spike their thorns perhaps they will think again when their wallets are affected along with their reputations. We do have the net for exposing these vile human predators.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Unfortunately those 2 companies have so much control over human necessities, and the merger is all but approved pending a financial agreement, that no matter how much us the people scream and shout, we really can't make a difference.

This literally is globalization and the NWO in action. And there's nothing we can do.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join