It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Closes The Door To Monsanto

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I bet Putin would win the U.S. election over Trump and Hilary.

He actually puts his people first.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

You linked to a blog and some biased "natural remedy" website.

Do you have an actual credible, verifiable source or not?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I bet Putin would win the U.S. election over Trump and Hilary.

OMG please tell me you of all people are not a Putin fanboy.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: frenchfries

My 2 cents...

I don't doubt that the West will try to block Russian non-GMO foods, but I would say good luck with that because people have a choice in what they buy

You're right about that but a choices are made on basis of information. And it's my opinion that MSM isn't really impartial when it comes to information. Mark my words within years we hear that Russian non-GMO is radioactive or something like that.... beh , the west shouldn't threat Russia like still being in the Cold War. Putin is no Saint but he is also no Bad Guy. He is doing what's right for his people. It's time that Western Governments do the same.

edit on 5272016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well, Russia is just following on from several countries that have put a block on GMO products.

However, to note that Russian farming practices (pesticides, herbicides and mono-cropping) is not exactly eco-friendly, so Russia should not be embraced as some kind of shining knight.

I am not a supporter of GMOs per se, but do believe that there can be benefits.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, Russia is just following on from several countries that have put a block on GMO products.

What countries have actually banned GMOs, though?

To explore the topic, it’s important to realize that there are different types of genetically modified crops, different types of permissions a country might give, and and very different political pressures in each country. Remember – in all countries GMOs are not planted unless they have been approved for commercial use by the government’s regulatory agency, much like the United States.

In most cases, biotech products have not been “banned.” Rather, they simply have not passed through the necessary regulations to become available.

The European Union does not allow for cultivation by EU farmers of biotechnology. However, they have not banned the consumption of GMOs. That means that they allow imports to contain genetically modified crops.

You can see a map here that shows what countries allow cultivation of biotech crops, which allow imports, and which are actually doing field testing. As you can see the vast majority of the world are invovled with biotech crops.

www.thefarmersdaughterusa.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Yep, my thoughts exactly

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: GetHyped

Your snipes ref is 2013 - we are now in 2016. My references are fine and you can check out google etc and find a lot more all saying the same things.

People don't think GMO food is safe so this is Iimportent to them.

People think it's unsafe because they are being constantly fed bull# from websites like natural news or propaganda like ignorant governments banning the use of GMO crops.

It's because you people call thousands of peer reviewed studies "propaganda" but have no problem going to some whacked out website cobbled together by David Avocado Wolfe for your information.

It's this kind of scientific illiteracy that gets under my skin.

But don't worry about me. Y'all continue to have your scientific denialism party.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Principle doesn't prove a link...can you show one?

And can you show that any cow with the disease got it from eating anything that wad connected to Mansanto...because if not you are using two seperate things to push one agenda?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

As crazy as it sounds I am very happy that Russia is going green to the max.

I myself am tired of GMO food. I stopped drinking soda, and I am cutting back on the amount of cheese and bread that o eat and I have lost about 20 pounds and 2 inches of my own waistline. My friend, who is still obese, lost over 30 pounds simply from avoiding soda. I am more than convinced that the food available to us in packages, or filled with preservatives, is the root cause of American obesity.

If you don't believe me start drinking tea without sugar, drink carrot juice instead of orange juice, and either cut down, or take out bread from your meals. Or at the very least physically pull out the bread in your burgers, subway sandwiches, or only eat the tops of your muffins. Seriously you will see the weight fall right off of you. And if you are having trouble maintaining how much you eat just grab some trail mix.

Screw fatkins, screw the glutton free BS, Just avoid soda all together, don't eat a lot of bread, and you will see your own waistline shrink. I'm serious.

Anyway that offer for Americans to emigrate is very attractive seeing how Trump and Bernie are the only choices left for America. Hillary isn't even an option.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No he doesn't, or they wouldn't be in the situation they are in now.

SO if the Russian's want to put the people first...they should let them have an actual real election where more than one person can run.

Then he will be putting his people first.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I think you hit an important point on the head and that is that those two companies supply human necessities. However, we the public who buy their products have the choice to boycott them and find other suppliers of their goods. The bigger new trend is to shop on the internet and that gives us other suppliers.

These companies are only after profit and, like a supermarket, once profit margins get hit badly they move onto products that will sell. We also have our social media to tell people about these companies and to ask others to boycott their products and look for alternatives.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I expect you are right. I also think Putin is gathering a lot of popularity in the EU where many are totally sick of their politicians and would grab at Putin.

Funny, back in the days of the Cold War when the idea that "The Russians are Coming" was unpopular I suspect Putin would be welcomed in through the door today - its about a 180* change in attitude.

I was just watching Cross Talk on RT about Who Is The Aggressor between Russia and the West. The discussion was about missile sites surrounding Russia and especially those sites in Romania where that country, in having NATO missiles obviously aimed at Russia which is obviously a very provocative thing to do, is actually caught in the cross-hairs etc. A joke was made by one of the speakers about a cartoon showing USA?Western missile sites and saying "What a cheek, the country of Russia is right up against our missile sites". The speakers all laughed at the idea of what America would do were missile sites with missiles aimed at America located in Canada, Venezuela etc which is exactly what has been done to Russia.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

You obviously didn't look up who Dr Paul Craig Roberts is. He was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. In the article there are numerous references that you can look up also on this point.

Currently there is a propaganda and sanction war being raged against Russia so that a lot of interesting information that people in the West would be interested in hearing about and ,even worse, their governments concurring with Russia on, is being stopped from being included in MSM.

The fight against GMO and revealing its health risks that GMO poses is becoming an information war carried out by monsanto's lobbyists and activists. We know that there is something or even a combination of a number of things that is triggering the highest numbers of cancer deaths and suffering we have ever known. Its a sudden increase and one cannot but see the timing of the introduction of GMO foods with the increases in the decline in public health.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

A lot of Russians wouldn't agree with you and its something both Obama and Cameron would dearly love and are clearly jealous about.

www.newstatesman.com...

Lets think about the America demand for sanctions against Russia. That was deliberately aimed to damage Russia's economy. However what actual hypocrisy, because its a jolly good thing that no one has suggested sanctions against warmongering America for its efforts in : Iraq, Libya, Ukraine and Syria and obviously its interference in a lot of other countries all around the world. Actually sanctions are probably very damn long overdue some might quietly think.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I read in the article what Putin has to say about food production and his ideas on it in the article below.

www.globalresearch.ca...

You made me smile though because when reading your reply, the idea of radio active produce just suddenly popped into my head - and I haven't had a drink tonight.

I suspect Putin has done his research around the world on Monsanto and other monsters and found an extremely clever niche in the food production market. If he can deliver what he promised the Russian people:

“We are not only able to feed ourselves taking into account our lands, water resources – Russia is able to become the largest world supplier of healthy, ecologically clean and high-quality food which the Western producers have long lost, especially given the fact that demand for such products in the world market is steadily growing,”

Putin said in his address to the Russian Parliament last Thursday.

He may prove not only to be a popular and well respected President but he could also be an extremely shrewd business man because he noted something that the American public is well aware of as indeed are people all over the West.

"Perhaps even more importantly, Putin also went on to harshly criticize food production in the United States, declaring that Western food producers are no longer offering high quality, healthy, and ecologically clean food."

I rather think Putin is going to fly as close to organic as he can afford so it will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few years. (especially if produce glows in the dark)….

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So you are a great fan of Monsanto and all it stands for, which is obviously something I am not.

I am, however a fan of good health. Because a site on the web gives health advice from an enthusiast who makes it their life's work etc it doesn't qualify that site as coming under your heading of "scientific illiteracy". We learn from other's experiences and today many so-called experts are either paid mouthpieces for companies selling products or government/institutional stooges and have long lost their credibility.

Ignoring the warnings about deaths from GMO, however does sound the warning bells of damage to one's health. You also aren't taking into account the absolute bullying tactics of forcing near destitute farmers to buy seeds from some greedy corporation that has basically interfered with nature and found a way of legally blackmailing the world. I am still astounded that anyone thought Monsanto was doing something good for these farmers and food producers, their actions are reprehensible. No one company however multinational it is should have this type of power and control over the world's food production.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The oil companies are orders of magnitude bigger than Monsanto and they still couldn't buy scientific consensus on AGW.

What makes you think companies like Monsanto have managed to buy the worldwide scientific consensus that GMOs are safe?

You guys use Monsanto as a poster child for evils that have never proven to be real.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Still no sources, huh?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

We learn from other's experiences and today many so-called experts are either paid mouthpieces for companies selling products

Here's David Avocado Wolfe's online shop:

www.longevitywarehouse.com...

Oh look, he even has his face on the products!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join