It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges dropped against ‘fake’ private eye; residents want answers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Some residents turned to the FOX31 Denver Problem Solvers to help get answers after the FBI asked local police to drop charges against a fake private investigator accused of harassing the residents.

“I want to know what his connections are," Douglas Stiff said. "Why is the FBI involved in helping people come to my door and harass me?”

The citizens said the phony private investigator showed up at their doors, intimidating and threatening them over public comments they made about a proposed development.

Then, the FBI got involved. Not to help local police but to make sure the suspect was set free.

Charges dropped against ‘fake’ private eye; residents want answers

This is one of the reasons the public does not trust the government. There are all kinds of thoughts that run through my head, but the very last paragraph is the most problematic for me.
Why is a government agency questioning people about their free speech?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FalseParadigm

This is easily the most interesting story I've seen in awhile.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This isn't surprising. There were many people being questioned by the feds who spoke out against the Bush and the war in Iraq.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The Problem Solvers learned that besides making sure the phony private investigator was set free, the FBI contacted some of the victims asking them why they complained to police and about their public statements. The FBI had no comment on that.

So after the FBI got this person of interest off the hook, they then tried to scare those who filed the complaint? Bet there is a much BIGGER story to be had behind who this guy is and who he was working for!

+1 more 
posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Corporate interest. There's money to be made and the government doesn't work for the people they work for those with money.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe they were fake FBI guys ???

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
An agent undercover, posing as a P.I, I would suggest, but the F.B.I contacting the complainants is a puzzle.

The back story is a complaint about a Persian Rug store owner's proposal to expand his empire.

There is definitely something bigger lurking behind all this, very interesting.
edit on 25/5/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It definitely is!

I want to know who sent him there too and what branch of the FBI saved his a$$?
edit on 25-5-2016 by Istaywoke77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Probably testing the waters to see how easily the general public folds when told that they cannot speak out on something.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Denver?

Meh, there's NO govt weirdness around the Denver area, or surprising murals/ sub-levels under the airport.. .or new CIA HQ there... or weird ufo sightings in metro neighborhoods ... er... well, at least they legalized, so it can't be ALL Illuminati-evil, right?

And yeah, there might be a larger story behind this... and pretty clumsy to draw attention to it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Denver?

Meh, there's NO govt weirdness around the Denver area, or surprising murals/ sub-levels under the airport.. .or new CIA HQ there... or weird ufo sightings in metro neighborhoods ... er... well, at least they legalized, so it can't be ALL Illuminati-evil, right?

And yeah, there might be a larger story behind this... and pretty clumsy to draw attention to it.

And don't pay any attention to those mutilated pets either.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What else could this be but an FBI undercover operation involving some social engineering content or testing the guy’s ability to social engineer?

The proof of this is the questionnaire follow-up by the FBI

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

IMHO, the fake PI was also an FBI agent.

Once he was found out, the FBI did away with the middle man and went to threatening citizens directly.

Just another day in the life of government goons doing their job: terrorizing Americans.

Ron Paul: get rid of the NSA, CIA, FBI, TSA, IRS etc.

Ron Paul: Abolish CIA & NSA.

edit on 25-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What's even stranger is the article sourced in the OP is the ONLY one about this. I haven't been plugging away at this for long, but so far this article is literally the only one about the whole incident. The only other thing I've found was a blog with a terrible translation of the article.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This has my ears perked up.

Following intently hoping for updates.

The story isn't on their Facebook page, but I did post about it on their timeline.

Will monitor for comments and report anything interesting.

edit on 25-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The plot thickens. As near as I can gather, the city offered to buy a business so they (the city) could move ahead with a renovation project.

www.denverpost.com...

I think (key word is think, I can't confirm so far) that said rug shop is portraying itself as a simple small business, yet somehow has the backing of a condo development firm and not only won't sell, but wants to increase their footprint significantly. Interesting reading in the below link.

glendalecherrycreek.com...

Curiouser and curiouser, innit?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why'd you have to go and do that?

I already got my head down the Clinton rabbit hole and now this is beckoning.

So, citizens complain about a Persian rug store who wants to build a sky scraper and this hinky P.I. shows up, is arrested (with multiple IDs and a UPS post office box address), then let out because, FBI.

Next, the people who were complaining about all of the above are asked why they area complaining by the FBI.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Why did I do it?

Blame the OP for posting one of the most intriguing threads in quite a while! (In my opinion anyway)

I think this one goes very, very deep.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The fake PI is ether a very good CI that the FBI does not want to lose.
Or is retired/ex FBI

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yep, odd stuff with them and the city:

Authentic Persian and Oriental Rugs first opened in 1983 in Cherry Creek, says Nasrin Kholghy, who is Kheirkhahi's sister-in-law. She and her family are from Iran, but they came to Colorado in the 1970s to attend the University of Colorado. In 1990, the family moved the shop to its current location near the busy intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Virginia Avenue. They leased the building until 2006, when they bought the 5.4 acres, which includes the land underneath the shop.

Here is what is going on that the citizens were opposing?

From the beginning, the family says its plan was to redevelop the land. In 2007, they say they came up with a proposal for an "urban village" that would include restaurants along Cherry Creek and retail shops facing Colorado Boulevard, complete with a parking garage. The plan also included thirteen top-story condominiums with views of the mountains.

The family says it presented its proposal to then-mayor Larry Harte. But they say city officials, including current Mayor Mike Dunafon, soon approached them about partnering on a bigger riverwalk project. The family was on board with the idea, and Kheirkhahi even accompanied city officials on a trip to San Antonio in 2010 to check out that city's riverwalk.

As part of the development of the area it is to be designated as 'blighted"

In May 2013, the Glendale city council voted to deem the riverwalk area "blighted" to pave the way for urban renewal.

Family members say officials told them not to worry about the blight designation, so they didn't. "We are very smart people but we are also trustworthy people," says Saeed Kholghy.

But they're worried now. In late January, the city sent a letter to the landowners within the "Riverwalk Urban Renewal Plan Area," inviting them to present plans for redeveloping the entire riverwalk parcel. The deadline for the proposals was March 12. The family rushed to put a plan together and submit it on time. Their proposal was for a 1.6 million-square-foot development made up of retail shops, office space, entertainment venues, a hotel and residential units, with 4,040 parking spaces.

And then another company comes in with their proposal:

There was only one other proposal. It was from Wulfe and Company, a developer in Texas. It called for 303,225 square feet of restaurants, retail shops and entertainment venues, with 2,270 parking spaces. On March 30, the city council chose Wulfe's plan over the one submitted by the family, whose company is called M.A.K. Investment Group LLC.

The family's lawsuit alleges that the selection of Wulfe and Company's plan was a done deal. It further claims that city staffers misrepresented M.A.K.'s proposal to the city council and did not give M.A.K. a chance to explain it. "M.A.K. will now be forced to sell its property against its will for the benefit of a private developer," the lawsuit says.

source
edit on 25-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join