It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New rash of child accidental shootings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

So many just got finished spending countless hours explaining how bathroom laws were unjust and targeted innocent, law-abiding people.

But they won't hesitate to push for gun laws.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now....

Wait....

Hold the press.....

MSM tailors news articles? Filters them? Only regurgitates the stories they WANT the willing, chick-like plebeians...mouths agape....pointing straight upwards....waiting...for the fecal-like pablum to drop?

Clearly, no. This couldn't be. Not at all.

Santa is real, too.
edit on 22-5-2016 by nullafides because: squirrels...damned...squirrels...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yeah.
They should print stories about all the kids who don't accidentally kill people too!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: caterpillage

Thank you for pointing this out.

I love it when I hear things on the news about a recall of something because it caused something between 6-10 deaths...

Seems to me, that's not even a statistic.

But, it's an emotional hot-button. People CARE about a childrenz....guns be BAD!!!! GUNS KILL!!!! Remember that.

Indeed. I'm reaching my breaking point in two ways. Both by all the stupid crap shootings going on as well as the overblown hyperbole thrown out after ever single instance.

Something does need to be done about gun deaths. Anti gun laws however are not the solution.

The solution is much deeper, much harder to enact. Fixing a broken society, a degenerated morality amongst a population is hard to fix. Much easier to take away their toys so they cant hurt each other.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But...bathroom laws...protect DA CHILDRENZ!!!!!!!!!

I'm tellin ya....ban parenting. Crap. There's that conundrum again!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yeah.
They should print stories about all the kids that aren't raped in bathrooms too!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Wow...two people using logic, reason...

Yes Virgina! There IS a free thinking person!!!

I applaud you.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Sadly, my outlook is not that contagious. I have a person in my life that I have tried to discuss this issue with and I love them dearly. They conceal carry, but they are not allowed to enter my home unless they hand-over their firearm at the door.

He accidentally discharged his firearm twice since owning it and I do not put myself or those I love in that position. It pisses him off, but I don't give a damn.

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: introvert

Jesus!
Every gun in my house is in 2 peices. The trigger mechanisms all have locks on them. Those are in one locker. The rest are in another locker.

If there is a threat to me and whatever. My dogs will let me know first.. or I got heavy antiques everywhere to throw at a moments notice..😀

But if anything were to hit the fan. I might just then break out the Shotgun.😊
Meaning we all will get the warning from the Emergency Alert System...😉

People around here don't even bother thinking about coming in my house or the houses of my neighbors.

They may try to rob the gas station down the street, but the homes are off limits.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I love responsible gun owners, I am honestly at the point where responsible gun owners need to start an organization outside of the NRA. As long as LaPierre is speaking for y'all, you are scum to a large part of the American population.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I would agree.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
I love responsible gun owners, I am honestly at the point where responsible gun owners need to start an organization outside of the NRA. As long as LaPierre is speaking for y'all, you are scum to a large part of the American population.

The NRA only represents the large gun manufacturers. I've never understood why people would support or fund an orginization that defends the corporate interests over the individual right.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I was at, of all places.... a D&D game once. A new group, that a friend of mine who is a retired Captain in the Marine Corps brought me into the group.

In walks this ridiculous excuse for an "adult". Someone walked into the freaking game, with a gun on their hip.

My bud and I just looked at each other, excused ourselves, and left.

It doesn't surprise me to hear about this person who accidentally discharged their weapon twice. Good on you for taking the step you take.

Frankly, if someone ever concealed carry into my house...and I found out.... They wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

To be fair, if Hillary gets elected, she'll try to pass legislation that would make it legal to sue gun manufacturers for gun crimes.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

The NRA only represents the large gun manufacturers. I've never understood why people would support or fund an orginization that defends the corporate interests over the individual right.

I do not own firearms for one reason, I don't have a lot of use of what was once my dominant arm. Two of my kids are CCW holders, one was trained as a marine, she is deadly. My son has spent a lot of time on the range, and can probably out shoot his sister with a hand gun. I live in an open carry state, and my son often does. I see it out, don't think a lot about it. Guns are not the problem, gun safety is, whether it be trigger locks, keeping it in a vault, but this is nothing the NRA talks about.

Yes, when I had the use of my arm, I slept with a .45 under my pillow, safety on, and no shell in the chamber

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Open carry, outside of law enforcement, serves no purpose in my opinion. It's a cry for attention.

The purpose should be to protect yourself and your loved ones without drawing attention to yourselves. Conceal carry will suffice as long as you are properly trained. If not, leave your firearm at home.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

To be fair, if Hillary gets elected, she'll try to pass legislation that would make it legal to sue gun manufacturers for gun crimes.

I doubt that. We heard the same things about Obama and he has been the best friend of manufactures.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Gun safety and training is the problem. It's not the firearms themselves. I wholeheartedly agree.

The NRA is a political organization, not a 2nd amendment advocacy group.

The 2nd amendment should not be a political issue.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

BubbaJoe, much like you, I choose not to own a gun.

I commend you for your decision. My own decision is based off of the fact that I know I can, at times...have a hair trigger temper.

Now, whereas I cannot picture myself killing someone in such a situation....I do *KNOW* myself.

I also know that I personally have no use of a gun. I have never been in a situation, personally speaking, where a gun would have meant the difference between life and death.

The day I feel the need, I'll exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

Until then, I am a mature...responsible adult.

Just like the fact that as a mature, responsible adult...I don't buy myself breakfast cereal....as I know it won't make it until the second morning. Maybe not even the first.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I was at, of all places.... a D&D game once. A new group, that a friend of mine who is a retired Captain in the Marine Corps brought me into the group.

In walks this ridiculous excuse for an "adult". Someone walked into the freaking game, with a gun on their hip.

My bud and I just looked at each other, excused ourselves, and left.

It doesn't surprise me to hear about this person who accidentally discharged their weapon twice. Good on you for taking the step you take.

Frankly, if someone ever concealed carry into my house...and I found out.... They wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.

I find that interesting. If a person is deemed by the state worthy of carrying a concealed weapon why would you fear them in your house? The example of the guy who experiences frequent accidental discharges I could see. Though I would hope he would lose his permit to carry as he is obviously not responsible enough to handle it.

I really cant think of a lawfull concealed carrying person as a threat in my home. No more than if a law enforcement officer came in.

I guess maybe if you didn't know and they were trying to hide the fact?

Explain why

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Open carry, outside of law enforcement, serves no purpose in my opinion. It's a cry for attention.

The purpose should be to protect yourself and your loved ones without drawing attention to yourselves. Conceal carry will suffice as long as you are properly trained. If not, leave your firearm at home.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I doubt that. We heard the same things about Obama and he has been the best friend of manufactures.

My son works property preservation in some pretty rough sections of town, pretty sure open carry has protected him a time or two. Now lets talk about the douchebag who showed up to a 5 YO's birthday party with a Glock on his hip.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Gun safety and training is the problem. It's not the firearms themselves. I wholeheartedly agree.

The NRA is a political organization, not a 2nd amendment advocacy group.

The 2nd amendment should not be a political issue.

I am going to agree with you, however, the well organized militia part is a problem. I am going to stop there, not sure where to go.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join