It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New rash of child accidental shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Two more tragic stories in the never-ending series of children shooting people with guns. I can't believe that anyone would take a four year old target shooting, how stupid can people be? Maybe it should be illegal for anyone to own a gun who doesn't believe guns are dangerous? It seems pretty obvious to me that the dangers of having guns around children far outweigh any benefit, most of which are never realized.

MSM: Two more tragic stories in the never-ending series of children shooting people with guns.

“The father said he was taking a shower when he heard a gunshot,” Lt. Greg Baker of the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office told NBC affiliate WDSU. “He got out of the shower, and that’s when he discovered that his daughter had accidentally shot herself.”

Five-year-old Haley Moore had been playing with her father’s handgun, police said. Moore told investigators that he had left his .45-caliber gun out on a table in the home, the station reported.

Baker told the station that the bullet entered Haley’s right chest and exited under her left arm.

Washington Post: ‘My 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot,’ mom brags hours before he shoots her

The 31-year-old Jacksonville woman was driving down a road in Putnam County, Fla., on Tuesday when her son managed to get hold of a gun while he was sitting in the back seat of the vehicle, according to a statement released by the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department.

Officials told the Florida Times-Union that the child fired a .45-caliber handgun that he found on the truck’s floor into the driver’s seat.

“She was shot through the seat and the round went through her back,” Sheriff’s Capt. Joseph Wells told the Times-Union. “There was a booster seat in the back of the vehicle, but, however, the boy was not strapped in when the deputy got to them.”

edit on 25-5-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: Post formatting help

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Was this mother a dumb ass with a loaded gun!
Was she a concealed gun carrier? Why was it in the door and not on her?

I love my right to have arms💪💪

But to have a child that still requires a car seat being able to access a loaded unlocked weapon is Fracking dumb! 😠

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I suspect there's a huge number of new and inexperienced owners of guns. The traditional, 'father to son' types tend to be well versed in dangers and responsibilities involved.

Probably a lot more single women buyers as well totally green.....

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The problem I see is that owning firearms, and conceal carry, has become a popular fad among certain people. They are not exercising their 2nd amendment right for the sake of protection or some other logical utility. They are doing it because their friends are doing it or they want to be 'cool'.

That's all fine and dandy, but with such 'coolness' comes great responsibility. They are not taking the time to learn to respect the firearm itself and not how it affects their self-image.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I've said it before, I'll say it a thousand times again.

The PARENTS, the lawful gun owners, are at fault. NOT the guns.

So, really? BAN STUPIDITY.

Or, simply accept the fact that Darwinism kicks in to halt certain familial trees.

Pure. And. Simple.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Accidents happen. Tragedies happen.

No need to write more laws just because of it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That is a very good post.
The old "keeping up with the Jones's" 👍

Sadly I gotta give you a big fat star for that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I do love me some Darwin.

Certain degrees of stupidity REALLY shouldn't be passed from parent to child...

Let's just start with eugenics and sterilize the morons who had children, then refused to be the responsible adults by not exercising their responsibility in accordance to the right to own a gun.

Why can I see Bernie showing up at a Eulogy for one of these kids. Hillary has probably already done it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nownow!!!

But, DBCowboy... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Damn, I REALLY tried to say that without laughing my butt off, and failed miserably

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The first instance report here happened yesterday. The second occurred in early March of this year and was posted and discussed on these forums.

While both are classic examples of bad parenting, even together they do not add up to a "rash of child accidental shootings".

This thread is intentionally misleading propaganda. And should be dealt with as such.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

That is a very good post.
The old "keeping up with the Jones's" 👍

Sadly I gotta give you a big fat star for that.

Thank you. I happen to see it all the time. People do not respect their firearms or understand how to properly handle one.

This weekend I was at a friend's house for a birthday party and his son was excited to show me his new toy. He bought a new AK sport and handed the rifle to me, uncleared and with the magazine inserted. He told me it was clear.

First thing I did was drop the magazine, made sure is was clear and checked it out. Very nice machine, but he was a bit offended that I did not believe him. I took the opportunity to teach him that it doesn't matter who hands you a firearm, you always clear it again yourself.

It is those small things people need to learn and pass on to those that do not know. If we did, less people would be harmed.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So... a precious snowflake gets ahold of some car keys.

Drives around. Causes thousands of dollars in damage. Possibly even kills someone.

Do we ban cars?

Knives? Those kill children.

Matches. They intentionally go OUT OF THEIR WAY to kill children.

Wait....Let's ban PARENTS!!!

Yeah, that's it! Banning PARENTS will keep the children safe!

Wait.... crap....no parents...no children to wrap up in bubblewrap. Nothing to circle around in helicopters.

DAMN damn DAMN damn DAMN

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Thank you for pointing this out.

I love it when I hear things on the news about a recall of something because it caused something between 6-10 deaths...

Seems to me, that's not even a statistic.

But, it's an emotional hot-button. People CARE about a childrenz....guns be BAD!!!! GUNS KILL!!!! Remember that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The headline should read "Rash of child accidental shootings and here's a rehash of a story we already beat to death last February"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Any excuse to reduce freedoms and remove the 2nd Amendment.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

What......

Nobody backs me on the eugenics?

Err...was it....sterilization?

Aww people...come on...love me!!!! Pweaze!!!!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Any excuse to reduce freedoms and remove the 2nd Amendment.

Now, DBCowboy.... We've gone over this before.

Freedom == BAD
2nd Amendment == REALLYFREAKINGBAD

Blindly entering into parenthood....not licensing the ability to have offspring...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

People don't care about inner-city violence and deaths because that doesn't fit into their narrative.

Have you noticed that the illegally owned firearm deaths get no press and the legally owned firearm deaths get all the press?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'd like to thank you for being calm, logical, and rational.

Hopefully, you're a virus. And you'll spread.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Jesus!
Every gun in my house is in 2 peices. The trigger mechanisms all have locks on them. Those are in one locker. The rest are in another locker.

If there is a threat to me and whatever. My dogs will let me know first.. or I got heavy antiques everywhere to throw at a moments notice..😀

But if anything were to hit the fan. I might just then break out the Shotgun.😊
Meaning we all will get the warning from the Emergency Alert System...😉
edit on 22-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join