It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has vanished from Radar

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I cannot believe the stupid stuff people argue about,if this is terroism it is obviously radical muslims infiltrating society.Might be radical muslims flying the planes for all we know that turned radical.
People really need to wake up to reailty with radical Islam.
U.S. probably knows it was terroism from radical muslims all ready but takes a while for them to collect everything and then get lawyers and the media all gathered up.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

And in that case ISIS claimed responsibility almost immediately. So far no such claims have been made in this case.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
They are saying debris found was not from the plane..

www.yahoo.com...

Athens (AFP) - The head of the Greek air safety authority on Thursday told AFP that wreckage found in the Mediterranean close to where an EgyptAir passenger jet is thought to have crashed "does not come from a plane". "Up to now the analysis of the debris indicates that it does not come from a plane, my Egyptian counterpart also confirmed to me that it was not yet proven that the debris came from the EgyptAir flight when we were last in contact around 1745 GMT," Athanasios Binis told AFP. His words contradicted an earlier claim by EgyptAir on Twitter, which said Egyptian officials had confirmed that debris found near the Greek island of Karpathos came from the ill-fated flight, along with floating "life jackets and plastic material". "What was found was a piece of wood, and some materials that do not come from a plane," said Binis of the Greek Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Safety Board.

This is raising a flag for me... the reports previously were that there were life jackets and blue and white debris in the water... now it's a piece of wood and 'some other materials' not related. I wonder if there is going to be a stonewalling of this as a terrorist act... there is a lot at stake in presidential elections and Brexit in the coming months...

I am already skeptical about the official story of the bomb in Manchester United's stadium being a fake left over by a training firm that they performed a controlled explosion on anyway.

link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph while I totally respect you and your knowledge on this subject ,planes are not searched over in europe to the degree you speak of.

An attendent with a bin bag looking for rubbish and a quick turn around is my experience.

Once again I respect your opinion but in this case for me personally i think the bomb was placed on the plane before it reached Paris but is all conjecture...I may be wrong.

link   
double post
edit on 19/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just catching back up with this. Looks like still not much known.

I see lots of politicians chiming-in on the assumption that its an act of terrorism, but no real evidence one way or the other. I saw reports there was debris found, but was later determined not to be related. But, now I think CNN is saying something about more or different debris?

The last "official" thing that is meaningful but not helpful was from the Greeks ( source ). The link was posted previously, but I'll quote the content for readers convenience. I'll credit the Greek's for sticking to "just the facts" for now, at least from this agency:

SUBJECT: EGYPTAIR FLIGHT MSR 804

Egypt Air flight MSR 804, A320 en route from Paris to Cairo entered ATHINAI FIR at 02:24 am local time. It was Radar identified and cleared by the competent Air Traffic Controller for the flight path.

At 02:48 am local time, the flight was transferred to the next Area Control Center Sector and was cleared by the ATC for the exit point of ATHINAI FIR. The pilot was jocund and thanked in Greek.

At 03:27 am local time, ATHINAI Area Control Center tried to communicate with the flight for transfer of communication and control from ATHINAI FIR to CAIRO FIR.

Despite the repetitive calls, the flight did not respond and thus the Air Traffic Controller called on the emergency frequency without response.

At 03:29 am local time the flight was over the boundary point, between ATHINAI and CAIRO FIRs.

At 03:29:40 am local time the flight signal was lost from radar, almost 7 NM south/southeast from KUMBI point (boundary point, between ATHINAI and CAIRO FIRs), within Cairo FIR.

Immediate assistance of the Hellenic Air Force radars was requested for possible target tracking, with no avail.

At 03:45 am local time Search and Rescue (SAR) operations were activated through JRCC (Joint Rescue Coordination Center), NAOP (National Air Operations Center) and ADIC (Air Defense Information Center), while updating the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authorities.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter Wouldn't matter. The fuel cells are puncture proof thick rubber bladders located in inaccessible areas that require heavy maintenance to access. You couldn't rig a bomb to it without someone noticing or tearing parts of the air craft apart.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kuhl

And everything I've ever seen, aircraft in the Middle East are searched at least once a day. Security crews go through the aircraft after certain flights, or before the day starts for each aircraft. Leaving a bomb on the plane over 24 hours would give it the possibility of going off early, or even falling out from under the seat and being found that way.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I will note one disturbing similarity between this event and MH370 ... both events start during or right after hand-off between two different air-traffic-control authorities. For MH370 it was Malaysia handing off and telling the flight to contact Vietnam. For MS804, it was the Greeks contacting the flight to give them the hand-off for the Egyptians.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
PS: That YouTube video of a fireball was debunked as unrelated Russian space-debris ( Source ).

PPS: This is not to say that somebody did not see a fireball related to this event, which led to those reports. It's just that this particular video is NOT of that event - it is from several months ago, and not filmed in the same part of the planet.
edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Note about fireball claim not debunked, just the video.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

GREAT observation

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
I will note one disturbing similarity between this event and MH370 ... both events start during or right after hand-off between two different air-traffic-control authorities. For MH370 it was Malaysia handing off and telling the flight to contact Vietnam. For MS804, it was the Greeks contacting the flight to give them the hand-off for the Egyptians.

I was going to point the same thing out, and the fact that they are lost without any distress calls being made, just poof, gone

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Then as I say I respect your knowledge m8

If planes are searched so in the thoroughly in midde east (Egypt etc) i apologise.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This is true. Although, I believe that Daesh had claimed responsibility for the downed Russian airliner a day or two after the attack. We may just need to give it some more time with this EgyptAir case.

And I also want to add that no one has claimed responsibility for MH370, either. So all this numerology noise, while being very fun to read from a creative writing standpoint, is still just noise.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

Lack of distress calls can easily be simply from the crew being too busy. Their priority is flying the airplane, solving the problem, finding somewhere to get on the ground fast if necessary, and then worrying about telling someone what's going on.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

"Aviate, Navigate, Communicate"

The pilot's mantra from the beginning, and for good reason.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kuhl

They're supposed to be anyway. I just don't see a bomb sitting on the plane that long. I certainly wouldn't rule out a bomb at this point, but I'm not ruling out mechanical either. This aircraft was approaching the end of the original A320 lifecycle.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Lack of distress calls can easily be simply from the crew being too busy. Their priority is flying the airplane, solving the problem, finding somewhere to get on the ground fast if necessary, and then worrying about telling someone what's going on.

And I can imagine that pilots these days are less prepared for an emergency. That holds up. Don't they have systems to be able to override the communications systems in planes in order to at least hear what is going on in a plane if no one is responding ?
edit on 19-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yeah, its almost as if, you wanted to ensure its unlikely that anybody would be able to get to the scene or know what was going-on (deliberately create a mystery) - the best time do take down a plane is at the border between two jurisdictions (over water).

Although, I would think that terrorists would want the opposite - not a mystery, but an obvious and immediately horrific event.
edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Some clarifications in parens ()

edit on 2016-5-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Gammer, splelling

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They have the CVR, but it's not capable, yet, of transmitting in real time. It only records onto the box that's in the aft fuselage of the aircraft.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join