It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atm Cards With Chip

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Sir...just respectfully making a point about securing personal information...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Wow you are busy! I am flying in to DTW tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am not sure about governments using cash to track people - that is what they are using the cards for.

Why do I think that? Because when I am in France the vast majority of people's purchases are via card - cash is very rarely seen except for small purchases. That may just be anecdotal, from my experiences waiting in shop queues, behind the granny who still thinks it is 1960 and is paying by cheque!!

But it is well known among the populace there that the government does not want lots of cash in the street - too hard to track, so they discourage it.

What makes me think this, several things:

I get work done on the house and used to pay some in cash and the rest in transfer/cheque to save a little you know. Now all the builders I use say it all has to be cheque so it goes through their books, and they no longer accept cash in hand. They said if they were caught taking cash they could have problems as it was unaccounted money.

Also, on numerous occasions I have returned to France with large amounts of Euros, all of which had to go in the bank if it was large denomination notes. I have been unable to spend a 500 Euro note in the shops. As my bank was closed that day, I even tried in another bank to break it into smaller notes so I could spend those and was told that it had to be lodged into an account, then the money could be issued in smaller notes. Hence the desire for the government to take these large notes out of circulation. The ironic thing was that the lady in the bank said she had never seen a 500 Euro note before, wtf?

In all my time there the biggest I have seen is a 100 Euro note and that was only once or twice - the cap seems to be 50 Euros.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: Bigburgh

Your funny with your ATM IBM computer paperweight

You should see that old S.O.B. in Airplane Mode😁

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
lol ok I am laughing now and cannot stop!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

France has the best coffee!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I am a 1st responder in disaster response, an EMT and Emergency Response Team member, FEMA/Homeland Security trained through the Emergency Management Institute in Washington D.C.

I volunteer as well for city government, and am a dispatcher, and search and rescue responder as well too.

MS
EMT/ERT-1st Responder
Advanced Disaster Life Support
FEMA/Dept of Homeland Security
Region 2 South, Wayne County Michigan

FF3/former medic/ RN/ PHRN....AND hired by FEMA... local 1038.. where are you going?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You guys are cracking me up with all the
chips, initials and government agent stuff...

*backs quietly out of thread*

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Lol your funny! Are you on HBO

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

No wait don't do ATM Machines and Hot water tanks you are funny
edit on 4 7 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: YachiruKusajishi
The issue I have is remembering who makes you insert the chip and who still has the slide the card style. I waste more time that way than anything else.

YES! Some stores have actually discovered tape and paper, which they ingeniously use to make it clear the insertion doesn't work there. The ones who haven't figured that out but are still slide only are stupidheads.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Wow, this is new to me. Now I got to watch out for RFID chip ghosting and accelerometers?

RFID tags can already be found in a wide variety of personal devices, including access cards, contact-less credit cards, passports, and driver's licenses. In many cases, RFID tags store sensitive personally identifiable information. For example, a US passport stores the name, nationality, date of birth, digital photograph, and (optionally) fingerprint of its user. When stored on an RFID tag, such information can easily be subject to clandestine eavesdropping and unauthorized reading. This data can then be used in order to track the owner of the tag. In addition, the information gleaned from an RFID enabled device may also be utilized to clone the tag, which provides adversaries with the capability to impersonate users. Perhaps even more troubling is the fact that RFID tags are susceptible to "ghost-and-leech" relay attacks. In this type of an attack, an adversary, called a "ghost," relays the information surreptitiously read from a legitimate RFID device to a colluding entity known as a "leech." The leech can then transmit the forwarded information to a corresponding legitimate reader and vice versa. Thus, a ghost and leech pair can succeed in impersonating a legitimate RFID device without actually possessing the device, which violates the security these devices are designed to provide. Although cryptography may be used to address the problem of promiscuous tag transmissions, ghost-and-leech attacks are more stubborn as all known reader-to-tag authentication protocols are vulnerable to this type of attack

Although we demonstrate the viability of our motion detection method on low cost RFID devices, the method is not limited solely to RFID devices. It extends easily to more traditional mobile devices such as laptops, cell phones, personal fitness aids, MP3 players, and video game remote controls. Out of these, mobile phones, fitness aids, and video game controllers are the most likely to come pre-equipped with accelerometers.
www.cs.columbia.edu...

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

You guys are cracking me up with all the
chips, initials and government agent stuff...

*backs quietly out of thread*

Lol..might be best. I got a whiff of something I don't like..

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Hehe...the more we learn

This thread is awesome...🌟

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: YachiruKusajishi
a reply to: Gothmog

Really? I have used BoA for about 2 years now and only just recently got the chip card In February of this year! The only reason I got it then was because my husband and myself were part of a potential security leak.

May be they waited until near card expiration date ?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

im in UK we been using this for years - is it new to you guys?
they just designed so you are protected by fraud. loose your card people cant use it.
dont think there is much conspiracy in this one

we have had a new addition recently called "contactless cards" - you just tap your card on the machine and takes money out upto around £50 maximum. no need for swipe or pin - just a tap
edit on 8-4-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: added more tosh!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

I just got my ATM with a chip last month.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Is the tap safe?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

not really, anyone can use it, but protects upto around £30-£50 as a maximum draw out so you know a £1,000 TV aint being purchased. . there is not limit on how many times you can use it though.

he must of had chip and pin for at least 5 years plus

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

im not drinker but went out a few weeks ago and remembering my pin was a hardship to the point i ordered loads of drinks and my drunk mind could not remember the code. Bad times

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join