It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and the now hollow threat of running as Independant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
The thing is a "fair shake" would me if Trump goes into the convention with the most delegates he should be the nominee. If the Republican convention strips him of the nomination because "rules are rules" and he doesn't have enough delegates to secure the nomination, then he isn't getting a fair shake.

If the convention came down to Rubio, Bush, or Cruz, whoever had the most delegates would win the nomination whether they had enough delegates or not rules or no rules.

Thats not how it works, thats not how its ever worked, the nominee must get the number of delegates that has been set.

People want to rewrite the rules for their Chosen One. Its funny to watch all these "conservatives" pitch a fit over things like this when in years passed they have NEVER ONCE complained about it, this is just more proof that THOSE conservatives have NO idea how the process works.

I know because im a conservative and I have friends that support Trump and like the supporters here, are completely ignorant of how the election actually works, they just know they want Trump and any means possible will do.

Not very conservative if you ask me

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Indigo5

Underestimating the beastly oaf would be an error, in my estimation.

All too true. The dumpster fire that is the GOP is directly related to this underestimation.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Indigo5

The rising and falling of the parties is just too easily manipulated by the media now.

Imagine how the media would sell it if the RNC Rules & Bylaws Committee decided to take 600,000 votes cast for Trump, and just give them to Paul Ryan -- when his name wasn't even on the ballot?

Because that's the equivalent of what the DNC did, in 2008, and no one really cared....the media down-played and spun it.

The entire idea of voting in primaries is new. For most of our history the parties just chose whomever they wanted. Which worked out pretty well over all. Maybe they should go back to doing that then would not have these sorts of problems.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The only name on my 2016 ballot will be Trump...written in or not. I am just wondering what will happen when he wins it..and they still deny him the nomination. I think this is what will happen. Apart from the MSM he does have many chances to run this and take it to the end.

I have seen, even in these forums, a mind shift of people who once would have spit on him now just look with disgust. He is pulling back the curtain. He talks like a lot of....us on here though we would never admit.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If you or others talk like him, why wouldn't you admit it?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

He talks like a lot of....us on here though we would never admit.

So youre admitting that a lot of people that claim to be conservative, are bigoted, womanizing, insulting, disgusting, violent race baiters, who just want to see women treated as the TRUE objects they are, and that "winning" is the most important thing in life?

Nice, Good to know

As a REAL Conservative woman , I recject your premise and the premise that Trump and any of his supporters are conservative at all.

You have abandoned all conservative principles in favor of a demagogue who wants to take the world back to the 40s, where women knew their place, blacks were segregated and "not a problem".

I hope all of you supporters do us REAL conservatives a favor and separate yourselves out from identifying with us, because the term is hollow and lost on you.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

exactly, wheres that conservative honesty?

Are they afraid?

Cowardace

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

They don't. All I see is people saying Trump did not mean what he said, it was misunderstood, it was just a mistake, he is just misunderstood etc. Even his supporters seem embarrassed by him most of the time.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Agreed. It's OUR job to chose who we want, they are going against OUR RIGHT TO VOTE IN WHO WE WANT, by trying to chase people out, like Trump. If people wanna to vote for him, that's THEIR choice!!! See how they are slowely taking away all of our rights???

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Yes. This is how he solidified his support. He got people to start defending his every word daily until they were completely invested in him.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyWater

Okay, well point out some examples in the past where the front runner didn't have the number of delegates needed for the nomination and didn't get the nomination.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: CrazyWater

Okay, well point out some examples in the past where the front runner didn't have the number of delegates needed for the nomination and didn't get the nomination.

With public voting in the primaries being something that did not really come into force until the 70s only once has a GOP candidate arrived at the convention without enough voted delegates to get the nomination. Ford was in the lead but, did not have enough to defeat Reagan. So they both worked over the delegates to get them to change their votes before the first round. When Reagan announced a northern liberal as his running mate to steal moderate delegate votes it all went wrong when enough conservative delegates got mad and switched to Ford to give him a win in the first round of voting. Since voting for the primaries began their has never been a candidate that did not get enough votes in the first round causing a brokered convention. Before voting brokered conventions happened all the time and you would sometimes end up with compromise candidate who was not even in the running in the first round.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join