It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana University Students Mistake Priest for KKK Member

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
After reading this story, I pictured George Soros hearing the story.... tilting his head back and letting out a high pitched evil laugh.
They are getting the results that they want.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: misnomer68
How can they be afraid of something they can't even identify?

Good grief.

People can't identify Islamic extremists or illegal immigrants either, yet they're scared of both.

It's actually a pretty natural reaction to be scared of the unknown.

When you think about it, it's actually a good thing that the Klan has such little exposure these days that people couldn't even recognize one and instead just created one in a screwed up game of telephone instead.

As a random sidenote, many stories come about from the same process.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is ridiculous.

What is a person more likely to see, on average, on a college campus? A man of faith, or a hate icon? Critical thinking took a massive shot to the guts somewhere along the line here. But there is something more to see here. Fear.

It shows how pathetic these individuals are, that they would be more terrified by the presence of a clansman, than outraged by it. Why, if there had of been a clansman around, that individual should have been strung up by the ankles in a tree infested with hornets, not feared and run from as if the devil himself were in the midst of the student body!

What is WRONG with these kids? No piss or vinegar is just as bad as too much of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
IDK...If they get this upset over seeing a man in a robe on campus...all hell must break out during graduation.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
IDK...If they get this upset over seeing a man in a robe on campus...all hell must break out during graduation.

Those robes don't come with 'WHIPS' !

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

“This is what happens when there is miscommunication,” Gill wrote. “So what happened tonight goes like this: a person saw white robes and what looked to them like a weapon, got scared (rightfully so), warned people, warned staff, which in turn caused me to warn my residents because I need to look out for my residents, which in turn made it spread.”

"what looked to them like a weapon" "I need to look out for my residents"

Imagine if this idiot saw a rodeo rider on a horse practising with a rope lasso...

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Those robes don't come with 'WHIPS' !

Rolled up diplomas could be construed as clubs.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

I've lived in the south my entire 30 years, many parts of it, and been around a few self proclaimed Klansman- but I've yet to see any white robes off of a screen. I also happen to live just a few miles from a park where I have heard they have meetings- still haven't seen one.

I guess I should go looking for a priest!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You know what they say:

"If you see something, say something."

Maybe the Nation's Universities need to start covering the elementary basics again.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What do you expect? universities are for the rich, pampered and stupid.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Politically correct students are terrified by white clothing.

Hmmmm......

I guess preists do turn undead.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I have to say, I honestly don't understand how these people got this way. They're afraid of "ideas", speech, gesticulations, (read yesterday a student in the UK was charged with hate speech for raising her hand in the course of a debate), and obviously, they're afraid of PEOPLE! They demand "safe spaces"? How has this happened?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
why would a lone kkk member be out in ceremonial kkk robes? Those robes are for ceremony. Yes they wear them at meetings and protests. I think you would be more likely that there are kkk members on campus in regular clothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So we have these kind of "issues" in Atlanta, California, now here.

Anyone else seeing a trend?

(And if you see a "trend" report it, it might be dangerous!)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am a bit surprised that the person didn't associate the whip with kinky sex. Part of me thinks the person is "slut shamming" the priest.

Besides, a book bag is a better weapon then a whip. A book bag loaded with all those pounds of books, would do more damage then a whip

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
lobotomies would be an improvement on most college campuses

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Spot the extinct threat game? I love this game!

Last time I played it was after the release of 300, everyone was wearing spartan costumes. The Persians and Athenians were held up in their safe spaces well after Halloween ended.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
These snowflakes and pretty much all SJWs are setting themselves up to never be taken seriously in about a decade. It'll be one of those generational embarrassments that'll either spawn something incredibly foul or hide its head from millions of laughing, pointing fingers.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
A somewhat disappointing display of unapologetic ageist mockery is what ATS dished out here. Dismissing thousands of individuals because they happen to be in college, and a few kids misunderstood a situation they encountered? ATS is better than that...

They are not kids. They go to a University, not K-12. They are adults. Adults acting like children. No I will not give an adult any slack for things like this. This is why things are why they are.

Shame on them, those adults who act like children. I have nothing but contempt for them and their ilk.

One person... dressed in white... with what appeared to be a whip. Even if it were a whip, just remain outside of 6 feet.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another reason to teach religion in public schools !!!

That way everybody understands.

I really can't believe you said that. There is absolutely no good reason to teach religion in public school and separation of church/state doesn't allow for it.

I'm curious exactly which of the many religions would you teach so "everybody understands?" It wouldn't be fair unless you taught them all and I'm afraid the school year isn't long enough for that. The fashion aspect alone would bore me to tears.

I don't care what others believe. Delving into the psychological need for religion is the only thing I'd find interesting in a class about religion. Thinking back on my teen years, just to be the pain in the ass rebellious person I am, I'd fail the class on purpose. What would you do with me?

Tax dollars are not needed to teach religion when there are countless private sources available for that. If the religious message isn't getting across, religion needs to get more creative with their delivery methods. Expecting us to change our laws to help you better teach your religion is lazy.

I'm sorry but It's going to take a huge effort getting everyone religioned up in this day/age. Leave our laws/public schools alone, get off your religious behind and find your own way cause your God never said it would be an easy task.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join