It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana University Students Mistake Priest for KKK Member

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
...and even if it were a KKK idiot. It's just one guy, people...seriously, one!!

Oh, my God... This just has to be a hoax, doesn't it?? An entire group of people can't possibly be this afraid of their own shadows, can they?

I gotta laugh. It's just so absurd.
b...but...he had a WHIP!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh, my God... This just has to be a hoax, doesn't it?? An entire group of people can't possibly be this afraid of their own shadows, can they?

Oh no it's real...These types of college students are just extremely juvenile to the point of dare I say...mild mental retardation..?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

please tell me this is an onion article

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Damn, the things I almost wrote in this thread, I think I need to take a step back. This is getting utterly ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I know, right?

It's actually frightening to think that college campuses all over the US could instantly meltdown like this.

What's finals week like, I wonder?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The future is looking like I don't want to participate in it more and more each day.....
Im getting old enough now that I hardly care whats left after im gone....
Theres no help for people like this....they are doomed already..........
I used to worry, about it, agonize over it even....now ,I just think screw em....theres no hope....

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

"Oh no it's real...These types of college students are just extremely juvenile to the point of dare I say...mild mental retardation..?" Quote 😊

No need to dare. It needs said. I peg these children at a 101 I.Q. at best. 😉👍

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

What's finals week like, I wonder?

I guess if you want to avoid that exam you didn't study for, all you need to do is get a skinhead to stand around with a Trump sign and they'll put the whole damn place on lockdown.

I dunno. These brats probably have the same level of contempt for the priest as they do fear of the KKK, and would like him out-of-sight-and-mind just the same.

And they're right, he probably would be removed if not for that pesky First Amendment thing.

Read between the lines: they would've forcibly removed the guy (and perhaps worse) for walking in white robes if not legally restrained from doing so.

This. Is a culture of tolerance. Whether you like it or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It might help calm the mob (here) to understand the long history of the KKK in Bloomington and just north of there in Martinsville. KKK mailings do go out and rallies have been held near this campus. A former Grand Master Dragon (or some title similar) has called the area home. Additionally, an article by Indianapolis news station WTHR got recirculated on social media about a rally being planned by the KKK in Bloomington sometime in the spring. The dateline was absent so it was likely a report about a rally a couple of years prior. Regardless, it is important to be aware that this organization is still active in this area.

While this is clearly mistaken identity, given the
unflattering national headlines unleashed by Gov. Pence of late, tensions are rising. Let's just hope they don't show up...this time. This is not a religious-based university so folks walking around in white robes isn't all that common.

Cut the kids some slack lol. They aren't the first to see the KKK coming in Indiana. I just wish they could be the last.
Peace

edit on 6-4-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: out of posting practice :/

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I heard about this on Twitter. Then, I read some of the tweets some of them posted. I was both sad and lmao.

Face it, folks. We (I mean those of us with some life experience and who are not in our 20's) are doomed.

THESE are our future leaders. Totally brainwashed, overly sensitive and completely offended. Yay.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

...and even if it were a KKK idiot. It's just one guy, people...seriously, one!!

I gotta laugh. It's just so absurd.
b...but...he had a WHIP!

I know, right! A real live WHIP! Gasp!

I just gotta smh at this entire story. The absurdity and the stupidity is on an entire different level. Problem is, I highly doubt this is the last one of it's type. Being afraid and offended is the new norm. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
How can they be afraid of something they can't even identify?

Good grief.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't know what is more depressing about this — that it happened or that anyone cares enough about the stupid s# kids in college are doing that this is somehow newsworthy?

Oh comeon, the keyboard "alpha males" of ATS love these kind of threads where they can show off their manhood by badmouthing these "college snowflakes".
Can't you feel the testosterone?

But yeah, pretty #ed up that a few updates on Twitter and Facebook by random college kids has become newsworthy.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
A somewhat disappointing display of unapologetic ageist mockery is what ATS dished out here. Dismissing thousands of individuals because they happen to be in college, and a few kids misunderstood a situation they encountered? ATS is better than that...

As I tried to share above, there is real KKK history in Indiana. It's also become a favorite destination of Rev. Phelps' legacy spawn brigade. Gross, I know.

Most people have no clue what these kids are dealing with on a major college campus during these tumultuous political times. Students regularly travel to classes taunted by the bullhorns of curbside "preachers" calling them names like whore and slut or worse. How many of us walk that gauntlet every single day of the week?

Rather than chuckle at the unfortunate misidentification of a good preacher on campus, we choose to stereotype and minimize the intellectual and ethical potentials of an entire generation?

When did we get THAT old? Lighten up peeps. There is still hope for your futures.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

What happened? Was he white?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

They might actually wait to see if it really is the triple K first, before getting all bothered. Shouldn't they?

Yes, the KKK's past is rife with incidents of terror, I'm as aware of that history as you are. However... I don't see 'em when they aren't there. I grew up in the NW when neo-nazi organizations, and affiliated groups, such as the Order, were actually terrorizing people. Portland. Northern Idaho. My own little corner of SE Washington with the prison gangs well represented locally. Trust me when I say I know 'em when I see 'em, but I don't see 'em when they aren't there. I was about these kids age, and younger.

There was reason for concern...yet I don't recall being panic stricken when some guy in a robe walked across campus.

This was one guy walking across campus. One guy! Imagine the panic if it had been two. ...and he wasn't KKK. Some of those kids, and hey, being a kid excuses a lot, really need to get a grip.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

You mean to say you didn't find this at all amusing, and a little sad, that some of these kids are so scared of the world that they see boogie men where there are none to be seen?

What's going to happen when they get out into the real world where there really are, sometimes, boogie men?

We've reason to be concerned, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
These same kids would probably bend over backwards to protect somebody wearing a Muslim body bag and hood though.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Meanwhile Portland university is having a whole month dedicated to "ending whiteness".
edit on 7-4-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

In other news, Texas sheriff arrests Jesus Christ for suspected drug possession. Sheriff, in defense, says: "well, he was dressed like some sort of hippie".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join