It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana University Students Mistake Priest for KKK Member

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
...And precious 'Snowflake' panic ensued.

On Monday, students at Indiana University Bloomington mistook a priest for a Ku Klux Klan member, taking to social media to express their fear of the alleged Klansman, who they claimed was carrying a whip, and dressed in “white robes.”

Rumors of a Klansman on campus were extinguished after it was pointed out that the passerby was actually a priest innocently making his way through Bloomington, Indiana. When sighted on campus, students thought his white robes indicated an affiliation with the KKK.

Residential hall advisor Ethan Gill quickly wrote an email to his students, warning them of the “threat” on campus: “There has been a person reported walking around campus in a KKK outfit holding a whip. Because the person is protected under first amendment rights, IUPD cannot remove this person from campus unless an act of violence is committed. Please PLEASE PLEASE be careful out there tonight, always be with someone and if you have no dire reason to be out of the building, I would recommend staying indoors if you’re alone.”

Later in the evening, Gill was forced to retract his warning on his Facebook page, where he clarified that the purported Klansman was actually just an innocent priest dressed in liturgical garments. The “whip” turned out to be the clergyman’s robe-like belt that was tied around his waist.

“This is what happens when there is miscommunication,” Gill wrote. “So what happened tonight goes like this: a person saw white robes and what looked to them like a weapon, got scared (rightfully so), warned people, warned staff, which in turn caused me to warn my residents because I need to look out for my residents, which in turn made it spread.”

“Then my residents, terrified, come running to me, saying yeah the report must be true, they saw him and couldn‘t believe there was a klansmember [sic] with a whip,” he explained. “And I see this picture. It’s a priest. With a rosary.”

www.breitbart.com...

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Jeezuz these are college trained idiots I take it.....how utterly pathetic...
The social engineering IS working however....

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Campus paranoia has reached a fever pitch.
It appears to take very little to set it off these days.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I honestly don't even know what to say. That these kids are such brain washed little cowards that the mere sight of a white robe has them running and hiding is just...........well. I guess "typical" would be accurate.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

These princesses need to go to a shop and buy a can of toughen-the-#-up and slam it down like popeye!!

BEHOLD - the future of America, as bought to you by the US indoctrination and dumbing-down propaganda Tertiary education system.

LOL

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I want to both laugh and cry at this. This is beyond ridiculous. I mean... WTF? Wow, this is our countries future.

I am gonna go cry in a corner now.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Another reason to teach religion in public schools !!!

That way everybody understands.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Actually, on campus there soon won't be any perceived discernible difference between a Klansman and a Christian Priest.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

It's very telling. They want to see a clansman with a whip so bad that their minds create one. Note how the dummy RA refers to the first amendment right like it's a nuisance.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A post for all the snowflakes.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It doesn`t surprise me that these college educated fools don`t know the difference between a priests garb and a KKK robe, these heathens have probably never been in a church before so how would they know the difference.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

“This is what happens when there is miscommunication,” Gill wrote. “So what happened tonight goes like this: a person saw white robes and what looked to them like a weapon, got scared (rightfully so), warned people, warned staff, which in turn caused me to warn my residents because I need to look out for my residents, which in turn made it spread.”

No, this is what happens, Gill, when you're an idiot and you're surrounded by idiots on campus.

This younger generation appears to have lost any critical thinking or analytical ability. It's as if none of them can think for themselves. I'm also quite dismayed how quick this generation appears to resort to panic. Where are our future men, real MEN? Where are our future leaders?

Thought a priest's robe was a KKK uniform and his belt a weapon, and people were "rightfully" scared due to that? How about expelling them for being "rightfully" dumb as dirt?

edit on 6-4-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

He's a Friar.. they have rosary cords. I no longer fear the Islamic State coming to America.
I'm going to arm myself to the teeth to protect myself from these uneducated "Precious Snowflakes".

😑

Sigghhhh... I'm loathing the future, which is here. Idiocrocy.
edit on 6-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

It really is ridiculous. Why can't these institutions be held responsible for catering to and fostering this mush-brained, paranoid, victimization, mindset?
edit on 6-4-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The same group-think mentality is also found is ISIS and places like Saudi where they whip and kill atheists.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Imagine if this priest was walking around with a "Make America Great Again" Trump hat.

They probably would told all students to bunker inside their dorm rooms, lock their doors and brought in the SWAT team.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

It does seem like it.I wouldn't be surprised if they're secretly disappointed it was not a real Klansman
The angst and victimhood addiction must be regularly appeased,i guess,i heard cold turkey's a bitch

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I don't know what is more depressing about this — that it happened or that anyone cares enough about the stupid s# kids in college are doing that this is somehow newsworthy?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

When sighted on campus, students thought his white robes indicated an affiliation with the KKK.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
...and even if it were a KKK idiot. It's just one guy, people...seriously, one!!

Oh, my God... This just has to be a hoax, doesn't it?? An entire group of people can't possibly be this afraid of their own shadows, can they?

I gotta laugh. It's just so absurd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join