It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On posting in ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
originally posted by: Kashaia reply to: vethumanbeing

Kashai: Life is the opportunity to relate. Meaning constitutes how important relating is. Being afraid of nothing is meaningless.

What are you attempting to relate to; as has so much Meaning? How does fear work its way into your perception of "being afraid"? Importance of meaning? Be afraid of meaninglessness instead of NOTHING? Reconstitute meaning and something important relating to it may manifest; LIFE's opportunity offered?
edit on 3-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

For me there are two angles.

One is the moment.

The other is what is possible as an individual within a moment.

Between these two angles there is something in between as well as the time it takes.

Not just within the past and present but also within the moment.

We are an expression of a moment that goes beyond 2 angles.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

science to it.

there's a psychology to it

But when there's an explosion of stars, flags, and responses going on, I won't deny it... it makes me feel good and giddy inside like I just said something really, really important! And all that reinforcement isn't for naught, no! The little rush inside gives me all the more incentive to shoot for the stars again (quite literally in this case with ATS's starring system) and it's what really keeps me around. So the starring and flagging system? I'd say it's pretty efficient in terms of producing emotional incentive to stick around. I know it's silly, but tbh, if all of you ignored me all of the time then I'd feel less and less inclined to participate and come back.

Hi, geezlouise

don't over analyse, just focus on content and supporting evidence even if not "scientific". I'm trying to be helpful here, take it for what its worth; cut back on neediness; your other threads suggest you often look for attention. All starts and flags suggest is that you momentarily hit like minded readers, those same readers may not always agree with you depending on the subject content. Its a great site but again its just the Internet, not real life (although it may reflect real life)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
ATS like most other mainstream sites are best when skimmed through, not like anybody has anything much to say if you know what I am saying. And you probably don't, so to explain it to you. Words on a screen make for a lot of words on a screen and nothing more.

As for those itty bitty stars you see in the top corner of the treads and posts? Well if the power of stars compels you then weak in the force may be you. I suggest you start doing some mental gymnastics and mental work outs here. Every time you see one or especially when you get one and start to feel like the universe opened up and get all mushy and junk, just say to yourself "no star you will have no influence on me, get back thee behind me vile digital construct of mushiness" Its all in yer head is what I am saying here.

And then? Well thats all there is to it, there is no and then. You can always go make yourself a cup of lemonade or something. Or you can just go watch cat videos on youtube or something, both would likely time better spent.

I mean I don't know, do whatever. Not like it matters you know, you probably been spending to much time online anyways. People make to much of all this anyways. But hey I agree that spending more time on ATS or other sites would make one a bit better at structuring grammatical sentences together...But then again, I do miss me them good ol fashion giant wall of text.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: vethumanbeing
For me there are two angles.
One is the moment.
The other is what is possible as an individual within a moment.
Between these two angles there is something in between as well as the time it takes.
Not just within the past and present but also within the moment.
We are an expression of a moment that goes beyond 2 angles.

God and Geometry; I had no idea you knew of the Masonic Tenants 'compass and square (level)'. Some would call an angle as just an Angel. The Arch Angle is Arch Angel defining shape and form.
edit on 3-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It's decent entertainment; and unless something is learned or refined during our time spent here, that is all it will ever amount to. The star and flag system is indicative of this, given that self-congratulatory amusement is all that it can offer.

Stars are more often the result of politics than anything else.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm new [to posting] here, but I like how ATS works. It's better than Facebook imo. I feel happy when I get stars & flags as well, but I feel like ATS is less of a place where you are judged on how many posts/stars/flags you have, than the content and quality of what you say. Whereas, on Facebook, as long as you say something enough to attract everyone's attention (usually something vague and most of the time unintelligent and snarky), then you will get heaps of 'likes'.

But I agree with what you said (I also starred & flagged for you - not just for your self-satisfaction, but because I genuinely like this post!
)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

We're all the same distance apart on ATS...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sneaky psychology behind stars. Don't become adicted or it will change you to write what others want to hear.
You never know who agrees with you or if there is not a single person in a whole world reading your precious gifts to the mankind
No one really cares in 99.99%. It's not an oraculum or akashic records. Not a job. Just a possibility. Politicians won't lurk this place to get ideas. Your post won't change the world without anything real behind it.
Being a part of a snobbish community-core of a non-existent community is the worst kind of loners' exhibicionism.
This kind of public friendships is like gay kissing on the square. Worse than facebooking.

Now give it a star or I'm leaving. Life's too short. I won't talk to the trees. )

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I do however star everyones responses

I am wondering why you would this? Surely stars would be reserved for a quality post or a reasoned comment whether pro or con, is this like "everyone wins or everyone's special" - you don't think the world has seen enough of that race to the bottom or one being content by mediocrity? As you may have realized by now I tend to place weight on the written word, to me that gets to the heart of the matter' or the refinement of the art of communication.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

I have all those feelings and till maybe ten posts ago even apologized at the end of each post for if I sounded dumb,

With a name like Alexandros you intrigued me to the point I looked at your previous posts; most impressive and I like your style and thinking. I dont think you need to apologize, just keep that great mind ticking over!

thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could the Ancient Gnostic writings be right about the Archons?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I think you're underplaying your hand, if that's really you in your profile pic, but ok

hmm Interesting observation, I've so thought as much but was too reticent.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

block off your senses,
blunt your sharpness,
soften your glare

Is this from the "Art of no war" or the art of submission? I don't get it.

Ah I just got it had to look up the divine tao

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The members of ATS are far from complete strangers to me.

You use a different yard stick. Knowing people from their writings is just one perspective, it can only go so far.

If we all met in a room there would be a lot of surprised gasps.

Look at it this way, you're so certain trusting of your judgement for what people are really like from their on line content… would you marry them, let them take your daughter out on a date, loan them money, rent a house to them sight unseen based on their scribblings?

How about sitting on a jury, judging their guilt or innocence in a court of law without ever seeing the defendant? How would you like a jury and judge to have trial without you being present if you were that innocent defendant?

Thats right, real life is different.

I can see your opinion is popular, to me it reflects a change to how people react nowadays. Social media convicts people in the court of public opinion nowadays with dismissive abandon.
edit on 3-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Curious, how many people have you met from ATS IRL? I've met several. They act and appear pretty well as I imagined.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Once you met them.

Who are you? I mean in real life? Care to vet that personal info…

Don't worry, I don't really mean for you to do that (could be dangerous), also reflecting my point. The internets is anonymous and encrypted for specific reasons.

edit on 3-4-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
That doesn't mean that I'd gladly get naked to gain attention

I had to stop reading after this because I was expecting a pic, sigh!

I'm glad you post on ATS and many times I star and flag your posts. Thanks for sharing the most precious thing you have in this life with us, "Time"!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
We're having this nice and cozy chat experience where we claim to know and understand each other, belong to a community, organization, etc.

We don't use our real names, have avatars instead of real photos, imagine for a minute meeting in a room but wearing masks and voice boxes to disguise our selves.

Fine and all for Halloween but would you take anyone home from the party? If you said yes, you're a statistic waiting to be victimized.

Last reply here. I cold defend this position all day and get ever more trounced for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And there you have it. My deepest thoughts about participating on ATS.

Nice thread! From now on I star and flag you when ever I come across something you have posted...unless it's completely against what I think is interesting, true, funny or helpfull.

When I switch to my paranoid mind-set, I think that ATS is just some tool, a pool, for those characters who deviate from mainstream public opinions. And ATS is brought to us by some creepy alphabet-agency to milk the dissident-cows for the sake of getting to know who they are and what they are willing to do when pushed to the edge. In other words, ATS is brought to us by so called controlled opposition, says the little paranoid bird who is nesting in my head.

On the other hand, in a less paranoid frame of mind, ATS is like group-therapie for all kinds of freaks, who would refuse to join a regular therapie-group for understandable reasons.

And then there is the optimistic bird, who says: "All you need is love"...."yeah, yeah, yeah"....Jammin' in the name of the Lord"...."Don't eat the yellow show"...."Don't funk me down"...."Imagine"...."Miles Ahead"....etc.

edit on 3-4-2016 by Willingly because: ....there's some natural mystic flowing through the air...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It may be that personality traits (emotional vs. logical; or some gray area in-between) governs one's posting desires, or one's mood at that particular moment. If you can formulate your thought/theory in a pointedly organized and concise manner, then that is my preferred delivery. However, since I am a private person, my posts will be devoid of emotional tangent or rambling. However, I am more than capable of writing walls of text using all the adverbs and adjectives at my command, but then I am not writing an enveloping essay nor a fantastical short story that can be dissected by the resident scalpel-wielding crowd (too much work, so little time).

As for the stars and flags, and post positioning on a page, this is of no interest to me because I am not invested nor interested in receiving validation for my convictions, beliefs and morals from people who don't know me on a personal and intimate level. This may also have something to do with having found one's awaremess of self (not necessarily an age-related place of being) and how one prioritizes the sharing of one's journey with others.

You must find your balance, your place here...but, always be yourself.
edit on 3-4-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join