It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On posting in ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Yes, I'm aware that she's going through some rough times.

But, again I must add, I don't see that being the case in this thread. I think she is just stating an interesting fact is all. Why is that such an issue?

Are you saying that "there is no psychology behind posting comments/threads?" Are you saying that "there isn't any statistical values on the presentation of threads and comments that have a tendency to garner more interest?"

If that's the case, I'd say you are either very ignorant of psychology, or very unaware of it.

If that's not the case, then why are you posting at all?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Am I being disagreeable? You’ve certainly taken quite a disagreeable tone towards me in this thread.

You singled me out , I wasn't even addressing you. But remember the differences of opinion we've had in the past. Figure thats all.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Yes, I'm aware that she's going through some rough times.
But, again I must add, I don't see that being the case in this thread. I think she is just stating an interesting fact is all. Why is that such an issue?Are you saying that "there is no psychology behind posting comments/threads?" Are you saying that "there isn't any statistical values on the presentation of threads and comments that have a tendency to garner more interest?"
If that's the case, I'd say you are either very ignorant of psychology, or very unaware of it.
If that's not the case, then why are you posting at all?

I did not realize this was a psychotherapy website. One assumes there is a mind set pathology in place for those participants to post on this site and are prepared for what may come of it. I suppose statistically this thread is one of the more sensationally false (hubris causes me to cry foul).

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
I did not realize this was a psychotherapy website.

No one said it was.

I post a lot of psychology topics, and I post a lot of Archeology topics, and I post a lot of Biology topics; none of which have anything to do with conspiracies.

This site is more than just conspiracies and politics. If you feel this thread is against T&C or against 'the goals of ATS', you're more than welcome to report it.

One assumes there is a mind set pathology in place for those participants to post on this site and are prepared for what may come of it. I suppose statistically this thread is one of the more sensationally false (hubris causes me to cry foul).

Ah, so you really don't think there is any psychology involved in posts and threads. It's a shame you feel so closed to the concept. Psychology is a very interesting field of study.

Anyway. I'm out. Have fun being so revolted about everything that has no effect on you

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You singled me out, I wasn't even addressing you.

I responded to something you said. If you’d rather I didn’t, let me know by u2u, and I will ignore you on ATS from now on.

But remember the differences of opinion we've had in the past. Figure thats all.

Yes, I was a bit rough with you before I realized that you were different and needed special handling. Since then I’ve been as gentle with you as I can; but I must say, you don’t make it easy.

Still, I salute your determination to participate in social interaction, given the trouble and anxiety interacting with others seems to cause you. Even if it is only online, do try and keep open some kind of window open to the world.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
originally posted by: Ghost147

vhb: I did not realize this was a psychotherapy website.

Ghost147: No one said it was. I post a lot of psychology topics, and I post a lot of Archeology topics, and I post a lot of Biology topics; none of which have anything to do with conspiracies.This site is more than just conspiracies and politics. If you feel this thread is against T&C or against 'the goals of ATS', you're more than welcome to report it.

Are you sure? Have you checked with the site owners as is OKAY for me to do so (I don't want to get you into any trouble).

vhb: One assumes there is a mind set pathology in place for those participants to post on this site and are prepared for what may come of it. I suppose statistically this thread is one of the more sensationally false (hubris causes me to cry foul).

Ghost147: Ah, so you really dont think there is any psychology involved in posts and threads. It's a shame you feel so closed to the concept. Psychology is a very interesting field of study.

I am the poster child for lack of insight or empathy regarding the human (have no idea why I am allowed to live).

Ghost147: Anyway. I'm out. Have fun being so revolted about everything that has no effect on you

If I understand your version of *revolting fun* it may involve something illegal; to your mind could include another's "freedom of speech".
edit on 3-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Look chum, if you don’t like the thread, get lost. Nobody’s asking you to stay on it and make things unpleasant for everybody.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Look chum, if you don’t like the thread, get lost. Nobody’s asking you to stay on it and make things unpleasant for everybody.

Where were you in 2004 when this Website was created; "anointed" as the ambassador of Truth Justice and *JUST ZIP IT UP* American way? Your EGO is not your friend.
edit on 4-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You're the one that seemed to have trouble with my posting or me, whatever…

meh

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

My earlier post is the first time I have ever addressed you on ATS. This post will be the last. Consider this information in the light of what I have said earlier in the thread. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr.
Special handling indeed if anyone but myself is involved: "Fragile, THIS SIDE UP"!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

My earlier post is the first time I have ever addressed you on ATS. This post will be the last. Consider this information in the light of what I have said earlier in the thread. Good luck.

I am unhappy in your shortsightedness. I am already within the light and am sorry yours will have/has dimmed due to EGO engagement/acknowledgement.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr.
Special handling indeed if anyone but myself is involved: "Fragile, THIS SIDE UP"!

At least she admitted it…

Yes, I was a bit rough with you…

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
No one has the right to judge your being (not even your creator).You are expressing an exceptional individualized part of God that has been given "PERSONALITY ASPECT" for a reason. You define God and so being are its expression. At least no one name called you "CHUM" (ground up fish parts and blood) to be laid as a slick upon a stretch of ocean to bring in sharks...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Hey geezlouise: I stopped right there, though it's a considerably well written OP:

Maybe there's even an evolution that happens... like the walls of texters become the balanced compositors of a short series of one-liners who then slowly evolve to become the one-liners.

Yup. that's def me. And yup, there's been a definitive evolution to this point. LOL. You said it all so well, I needn't say anymore, and become superfluous, in attempting to do so…

I find the better your OP is in supporting your contextual opinion, the less anyone can add, anyhow……
tetra

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: geezlouise

I find the better your OP is in supporting your contextual opinion, the less anyone can add, anyhow……
tetra

I can fluff this up and add some flavor; how about: "Con-Sexual"?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I am new and for years just a reader which I loved because no other website has ever held my interest like ATS. I sometimes write a reply-never thinking about stars, really. I'm too much of a newbie, used to be a good writer, but now am rusty so working on it.

I do have one problem-I am extremely addicted to a brilliant mind. Unfortunately, I have developed sincere crushes on a few on here. Their words are like beautiful unfolding blossoms to me. I don't think this is rational, but golly, so impressed.

I don't care what they look like, what they do, etc. I can't help myself.

And no-am not on any internet dating sites and never would. Just really attracted to well thought out and written responses.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

I am new and for years just a reader which I loved because no other website has ever held my interest like ATS. I sometimes write a reply-never thinking about stars, really. I'm too much of a newbie, used to be a good writer, but now am rusty so working on it.

I do have one problem-I am extremely addicted to a brilliant mind. Unfortunately, I have developed sincere crushes on a few on here. Their words are like beautiful unfolding blossoms to me. I don't think this is rational, but golly, so impressed.

I don't care what they look like, what they do, etc. I can't help myself.

And no-am not on any internet dating sites and never would. Just really attracted to well thought out and written responses.

Okay! Okay! I know I've got skills but your kind of embarrassing me.

Just kidding I know I don't have skills.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

At least no one name called you "CHUM" (ground up fish parts and blood) to be laid as a slick upon a stretch of ocean to bring in sharks…

Lol, had to go back and read the comment to get that part. I note that too. Some people use politeness as an insult when their pride is ruffled. They name call you, nicely, but they aren't really being nice at all. They use friendliness and niceties to mean the opposite of what they are intending.

A common retort from someone like this might start, "Look, friend--" just like poster did to you by calling you "chum". They aren't your friend and they don't mean it friendly. They mean it as an insult.

They've behaved this way so long they no longer aware of what a dead giveaway it is that they aren't really nice people.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Wow, if that was really directed at me, what a wonderful thing to say. I'll be basking in that compliment all day.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join