It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico City Legislators Ask To Ban Donald Trump From Their Country

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No "some" of the country doesn't want him. Some of the country does. You're not speaking for all of us.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Then can we ban illegal Mexicans from the US?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Maybe we can imprison Piers or deport his soft ass. There is no room for that level of discord in the future. He had his time and now must go silent like the rest who oppose us.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
ok gotta stop laugh.... you reminded me of a little known fact
the population in Mexico call the Illegals 'pollos' (chicken) don't know why but that's what it is
and on the TV news, newspapers etc. they call them 'migrants' and sometimes just sometimes some newscaster messes up and end in hot water.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

A funny thought just occurred to me. After a new President is elected, the first two world leaders he meets with are Canada and Mexico. Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall for those meetings? That would be pay-per-view material.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Oh my God yes.

I would give a testicle, lung, kidney and half my liver to see that.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I find it sad that no amount of logical appeal can convince people of him being a disaster. Maybe I give our citizenry's intelligence too much credit. But I guess when his whole thing is to appeal to the lowest common denominator intelligence-wise, you aren't going to get a lot of hope there.

I've started to become less interested in politics thanks to this election cycle. It worries me and I'm thinking about tuning it out altogether until November actually.

I think that at some point the only healthy thing to do is to tune it all out. At a certain point, following the campaigns too closely is literally the exact same thing as people who follow the Karadashian's on E or whatever TV channel it is that features them.

Paying attention to what these people are saying doesn't change policy. Ultimately your say in these things comes down to just a few points: Who you vote for in a primary, who you vote for in a general, who if anyone you choose to donate to, and seeing if the candidate is reasonably close to the person you think they are. If you do those four things, all of the theater can pretty much be tuned out.

I say this as a person who likes to know what's going on, but even so it's wise to not get too invested in things, particularly with the politics of the moment. Twenty years from now no one is going to care that Mexico held a symbolic vote to keep Trump out of the country. It's best to focus only on what actually matters.

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
Well here is a couple of examples then. Trump has stated the U.S. infrastructure is crumbling. Many of our freeways, bridges & railways are in dire need of repair & yet Obama has done almost nothing in this regard. Like it or not we need to invest in the future of this country and infrastructure repair & upgrades are a fact of life even if they are costly.

Obama tried this, it was called the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, perhaps you remember it. We spent $787 billion dollars on it but in a disastrous move the money was appropriated to the states with the idea that they would best know how to spend it and that the federal government would misuse the money. Ultimately, the states used the money to make up budget shortfalls and very little went to actually rebuilding our infrastructure.

Do you think anything has changed this time? The only thing I can see is if the executive branch remains in control of the money and dictates where it is spent. Most of Trumps supporters tend to see that as federal overreach however, and the money will almost certainly come with strings attached.
edit on 4-3-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

To see what's in the meeting, we first have to pass Trump into the White House.

Trump 2016

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, and that is sound logic. Our founders would be proud of our ways.

So true, so loyal. Too bad its not to your people, but rather to a man-king.

Too bad resentment and spite can be masqueraded as logic and justice. Nationalism as patriotism and absurdity as humor.

Trump 2016. am actually going to vote for him. I want you to have him.

You deserve him. You are his people, not ours.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The point of that was that things aren't as simple as you think they are. There ARE consequences for your actions. The simple fact is that you don't see tons of kids running off to go be day labors in the fields. If you can't find the people to fill the void then that industry dies. Alabama was a test case for such a thing. We should heed it as an example before we act too rashly.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ExPatRat

The minimum wage is set by the state. Not sure why that would raise just because the illegals are gone.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
How do they have any room to talk? Their country is full of criminal cartels that are often helped by politicians and, police and city officials. The militia groups seem to do a better job at cleaning up criminal organizations than they do.

Trump seems like a scapegoat to pretend like ones country is greater than the US b/c we have a wealthy reality star running for POTUS.

edit on 4-3-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

How do they have any room to talk? Their country is full of criminal cartels that are often helped by politicians and, police and city officials. The militia groups seem to do a better job at cleaning up criminal organizations than they do.

Are you talking about the US or Mexico there?

edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The point of that was that things aren't as simple as you think they are. There ARE consequences for your actions. The simple fact is that you don't see tons of kids running off to go be day labors in the fields. If you can't find the people to fill the void then that industry dies. Alabama was a test case for such a thing. We should heed it as an example before we act too rashly.

well here is where it could be as simple. Automation will make field hands obsolete. Let the goverment susbidize the new machines. How to finance it? Cut welfare monies to illegals and deport them. Machines can work alot better,but they cant vote so its hard to convince the democrats.

The farmers want to cry poor me when alot of them are anything but these days. CHange overs will cause pain to be sure but it has to be done.

(post by yesyesyes removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The minimum wage is set by the state. Not sure why that would raise just because the illegals are gone.

Most of the GOP candidates have hinted at eliminating minimum wage, that will create millions of new jobs!!!

Imagine pulling in your driveway with that $150 paycheck burning a hole in your pocket!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There are no welfare monies going to illegals. That's a myth. You need a SSN to get welfare. Being on the grid isn't exactly something illegals are known to want to do, or if you are talking about stolen SSN's. Well then they aren't their identity and the government would have no way of knowing who to stop sending the money to.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

I dont know if you are being funny, but just in case and for others who may say "yeah, thats true". LOL

They are Central AMERICANS. Literally 2 continents with millions of people can call themselves AMERICANS.

*rapists, Actually sex crimes are more prevalent here in the US since we are a repressed culture that thinks God hates us for masturbating.

ISIS is in the ME. Mexico does not have invisible ISIS Mexicans. If they do PROVE IT. You will only find a sort of quest similar to the search for Sasquatch and evidence like photos that can be of anything. Did they ever find that MASSIVE ISIS training camp south of the border that we were shown pictures of for like a week? No. Our government would be screaming about that 24/7 if true.

Mexico may have drug violence with shock value and news marketability, but they dont own guns like we do, so most of their violence doesnt end in murder, not like the US where people can get shot for ringing a door bell.

As you can imagine, this is mostly a smear campaign like that made against slaves to keep indentured servants from siding with the people in similar conditions and against their common masters.

Have a good one.

edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

There are no welfare monies going to illegals. That's a myth. You need a SSN to get welfare. Being on the grid isn't exactly something illegals are known to want to do, or if you are talking about stolen SSN's. Well then they aren't their identity and the government would have no way of knowing who to stop sending the money to.

Usually checking a address and asking relatives if they live there will clue them in. ANd In SC there are alot of illegals on the dole but usually its seasonal and not a constant in SC. Shoot we should investigate all current receivers to see if they actually deserve it o r if someones comitting fraud. Hospital bills are a area illegals do exploit though. also education.

We have enough problems with legal residents its time to tell th elobbies no. its time to tell our court systems to ignore lawsuits against americans by people who ar e not legally here. If they have a issue take i t up with the UN security council instead of abusing our legal system.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

Most of the GOP candidates have hinted at eliminating minimum wage, that will create millions of new jobs!!!

Imagine pulling in your driveway with that $150 paycheck burning a hole in your pocket!

Are you freaking serious? ELiminating it will kill jobs. raising it will kill jobs and increase wage in equality and th e motivation to succeed for business owners.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join