It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico City Legislators Ask To Ban Donald Trump From Their Country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Mexico City Legislators Ask To Ban Donald Trump From Their Country

Legislators in Mexico City are asking the federal government to ban Donald Trump from entering the country, citing the GOP presidential hopeful’s repeated anti-Mexican comments.

The proposal passed unanimously on Wednesday, according to Deputy José Manuel Delgadillo of the conservative National Action Party. He described the document, known as a "point of agreement," as a largely symbolic recommendation to the federal government that the local legislature lacked the ability to enforce.

But he told The WorldPost that Mexico City legislators felt the need to prod President Enrique Peña Nieto to confront Trump, whom they view as a hyper-nationalist who has kindled anti-Mexican resentment by describing Mexicans in broad terms as "rapists" and calling for the construction of a wall across the length of the U.S.-Mexico border.

"What we're saying is that if he wants to build a wall so that Mexicans can't enter his country, then he is not welcome in our country," Delgadillo told WorldPost. "What we need now is for President Peña Nieto to make a strong statement condemning Mr. Trump's anti-Mexican comments."

So here's another country looking to ban Donald Trump from it for his demagoguery. Now, I don't want to give the wrong impression here, this is a symbolic vote and holds no power to actually ban the hairpiece from the country, but Mexico is PISSED at him.

Deputy Víctor Hugo Romo of the leftwing Revolutionary Democratic Party, which introduced the point of agreement, referred to Trump as “primeval, egocentric and primitive,” before going on to compare Trump to Hitler in public remarks Wednesday, according to MSV Noticias.

“Hitler was very popular,” Romo said. “He generated a lot of sympathy by adopting nationalist politics that vindicated the Germans’ sense of self-worth. [Trump] is practically a copy. I consider Donald Trump a chauvinist, a misogynist who fosters and leans towards toward repression. … He doesn’t respect diversity.”

It's not too hard to conceive that a Trump Presidency would be DISASTROUS for our international relationships. He's not even President yet and two countries have talked about banning him from their own countries (which makes it kind of hard to do international politics and meet foreign dignitaries).

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Excellent. Maybe for once the new President will concentrate on fixing the problems in THIS country before sticking their nose in everyone else's business and giving away the farm. Seems if all heads of state did that first, the world would be a better place.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If they really did not want the guy to win they would stop talking about him.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm sure he's devastated by this free publicity and banishment from a place he doesn't want to go

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If they really did not want the guy to win they would stop talking about him.

I find it sad that no amount of logical appeal can convince people of him being a disaster. Maybe I give our citizenry's intelligence too much credit. But I guess when his whole thing is to appeal to the lowest common denominator intelligence-wise, you aren't going to get a lot of hope there.

I've started to become less interested in politics thanks to this election cycle. It worries me and I'm thinking about tuning it out altogether until November actually.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I find it sad that no amount of logical appeal can convince people of him being a disaster. Maybe I give our citizenry's intelligence too much credit.

But I guess when his whole thing is to appeal to the lowest common denominator intelligence-wise, you aren't going to get a lot of hope there.

The Trump v Clinton race certainly is indicative of where people have inserted their heads on both sides of the political spectrum.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Even you can get a REAL job by Googling "harlem for trump jobs program"...you would build the fence!!
edit on 3-3-2016 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

At least with Clinton you know what you are getting. The Donald's only consistency is that he'll say what you want to hear and be an asshole about everything. It certainly isn't conservative values though.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

What is this supposed to mean? I have a real job.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

They are both s*** and I will not vote for either one.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

At least with Clinton you know what you are getting. The Donald's only consistency is that he'll say what you want to hear and be an asshole about everything. It certainly isn't conservative values though.

Somebody who's going to vote for Clinton trashing any other candidate for "Telling you what you want to hear" is classic.

Also Hillary's famous consistency! Unless you're referring to her self interest I gotta disagree.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Yea, I may be abstaining again... This would make election number four for me since I turned 18. Though I may vote for Clinton, but I'll probably just go to work like I usually do and not vote.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

Somebody who's going to vote for Clinton trashing any other candidate for "Telling you what you want to hear" is classic.

Also Hillary's famous consistency! Unless you're referring to her self interest I gotta disagree.

I don't know what this has to do with Mexico wanting to ban Trump from their country. Why are the Trump supporters attacking me instead of discussing the article?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I got a theory that trump got a personal vendetta to mexico for his failed Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico

Check this video www.dailymail.co.uk...

He is mad for it and now he wants to become a president just to build a wall in revenge for it

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I have a strong suspicion is that a vote for trump is a vote for the clintons.....
edit on 3-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

I don't know what this has to do with Mexico wanting to ban Trump from their country. Why are the Trump supporters attacking me instead of discussing the article?

It might have had to do with your post I directly quoted. I didn't see anything about Mexico in it

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
He'll sue 'em!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yeah, that was another one of those lawsuits against him that he settled, when he claims he NEVER settles.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I wish they would ban ME.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join