It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the sudden I have no ads?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton Lol, I felt like someone returning to the market to tell them they forgot to ring me up for something and here is the money for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Yea. I guess we know the threshold is 200 flags.

eta: hey I'm halfway there.

edit on 3-3-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It can't be flags since I don't have any adds either, but I'm thinking it has more to do with the posters "Way Above Top Secret Score" . It's just a guess though.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
It can't be flags since I don't have any adds either, but I'm thinking it has more to do with the posters "Way Above Top Secret Score" . It's just a guess though.
What is the ''Way Above Top Secret Score''?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Sounds like a bummer.

I usually try to get the least amount of stars I can on a topic by being true and stating truth in a kind fashion to people. They don't like that. The kindness or truth.

But, how do you figure out that way above score you're talking about? Is it stars, or threads and stars combined, or what am I missing? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I have no idea, but it's the little trophy icon under your stats on your avatar pic.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I have no idea, but it's the little trophy icon under your stats on your avatar pic.

That is how many applauses you have received from staff. So it's not thread flags, but staff applause?

ETA: I have kinda noticed that you get a certain amount of trophies per amount of posts you make, I kinda wonder if it is automatic.

I don't know how I've received any with the posts I make that are very against most ideologies on this website.
edit on 3-3-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday Thank you.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

That is how many applauses you have received from staff. So it's not thread flags, but staff applause?

ETA: I have kinda noticed that you get a certain amount of trophies per amount of posts you make, I kinda wonder if it is automatic.

I don't know how I've received any with the posts I make that are very against most ideologies on this website.
couldn't be that. I don't have 13 applause's. Must be an automatic calculation of sorts.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I had ads this morning when i logged in, generally just ads for other sites i visited recently,they were always there everytime i logged on but they are gone....hmmm after all the discussion i bet the three amigos are pissed right off ...this could be the calm before the storm

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

originally posted by: JackReyes

couldn't be that. I don't have 13 applause's. Must be an automatic calculation of sorts.

I was wondering about that. It must be automatic. I noticed I had the same amount of applause as trophies, and every time I got an applause a trophy was added. Must have been mere coincidence. And it makes sense. I figured, everyone must get the same applause at a certain point. But no, it makes more sense it is a calculation, and my observation was mere coincidence.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed I got to wondering if there is work being done on the site with the ad issue...?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I had ads this morning when i logged in, generally just ads for other sites i visited recently,they were always there everytime i logged on but they are gone....hmmm after all the discussion i bet the three amigos are pissed right off ...this could be the calm before the storm

That made no sense.

You had ads this morning. You usually have adds from other sites you visited but they are gone. So the three amigos are mad? (I realize who the 3 amigos are). The rest really doesn't make any sense.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

The rest really doesn't make any sense.

The conspiracy angle could be they are giving us a taste of no ads then BAM load us up and leave us no choice but to pay

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh, got'cha.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ha! This website has gone wacky. I get ads with pictures that don't match the audio. What? There's audio? The website is transitioning? This is goofy. I don't want my conspiracy site blasting some shmutz. Next you'll start Alex Jones. I'll just be surfing along looking for some helpful information and all of a sudden Alice Jones is yacking.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed I got to wondering if there is work being done on the site with the ad issue...?

Im not sure ...if i was them i would be pretty pissed off and looking for a way around these ad blockers, clearly the site is missing out on a large amount of possible income ,assuming 50% of people use them i would bet the number is higher...that's a chunk of change

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

While post-count is one factor, the WATS score is what determines how many ads logged-in members will see… flags and stars being the most important.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief Hey thank you for finding that! So, the wats score is the trophy number?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Advertisers should pay us a monthly fee for coming into our private homes to advertise on our computers and TV. Advertisers have to pay to advertise space in stores, billboards, and websites. Why should the public be any different? It's like we have free billboard advertising in the privacy of our own homes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join