It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for All Guns Not Used Specifically for Hunting to be Outlawed!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2016 by jellyrev because: Double post

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It isn't about what is 'better', or we wouldn't have the huge archery hunting following that we do today.
I edited my earlier post, check it out.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If he only wants to ban "assault weapons" then he'd better get rid of all sharp objects, rocks, clubs, along with all "assault weapons".

I can finally say that Comrade Sanders is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hogstooth

Since when did a strawman become a valid debate style?

When did I mention the 2nd?

This is why we can't discuss guns, ever. I chose to point out the difference in what Sanders actually said and what the thread title claims he said, and suddenly I'm pissing on the 2nd amendment. I even stated that it was entirely possible he would include "assault style" rifles under his comment. And then said I think he needs to clarify it, instead of just assuming he means that.

Before we go any further down this road of complete jackassery: I am extraordinarily pro-gun, and my post history will quite clearly show that.

I'm also extraordinarily pro-fact, as opposed to pro-hyperbole.

The two are not mutually exclusive concepts.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Y'know, like a belt fed machine gun? Something that's fully automatic? I can't lay claim to having hunted animals all that much, but I don't recall ever thinking "God I wish I could shoot this deer 31 times in less than three seconds. That would make this way better."

You know this quote proves that you have no idea what you're talking about? Machine guns are pretty much already banned. Only a very select few can get them.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

How many people go duck hunting with a handgun?
Or deer hunting with a handgun?
Or hunting ANYTHING with a handgun?

I hunt deer almost exclusively with handguns. I usually use my 10mm longslide fusion 1911 or one of my revolvers in .357 Magnum or .41magnum.
edit on 28-2-2016 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Let's see though ... (keep in mind I am a strong advocate of the 2nd Amendment as interpreted by Heller) but ...

Logically, the number of RIFLES used to kill people is less than knives used.

This is then employed as an argument that RIFLES are not what kills people and shouldn't be legislated against ...

But all firearms taken together far outweigh any other means of homicide ...

So if the FBI statistics about the number murdered by rifles is the basis of this logic, shouldn't you be concerned then with the number of other firearms which do so?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Y'know, like a belt fed machine gun? Something that's fully automatic? I can't lay claim to having hunted animals all that much, but I don't recall ever thinking "God I wish I could shoot this deer 31 times in less than three seconds. That would make this way better."

You know this quote proves that you have no idea what you're talking about? Machine guns are pretty much already banned. Only a very select few can get them.

No, I didn't know that quote means that.

I also didn't know you're a cherry picker. Learned two new things today. Go me.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Way to go. You shall now join me in the ranks of pro-gun advocates who are flamed for daring to not toe the line.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Way to go. You shall now join me in the ranks of pro-gun advocates who are flamed for daring to not toe the line.

Oh, I get flamed for less than that ... keeps me warm ... LOL.

You're right on this one though. Watch out for those knee-jerks!

Gryph out.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

you can hunt in most states with "assault weapons" as the only thing that separates most "assault weapons" from other guns is cosmetic features(fore grips move able stocks pistol grips etc)they hunt hog with AR's from helicopters in texas, they hunt wolves w ar and ak platform in Montana and the Dakotas(i think) they use .50bmgs(an anti tank gun) to shoot big horn sheep.

people shoot deer with damn near everything including 10mm handguns (poachers even use .22's) to bolt guns shotguns and carbines and people kill bears with handguns also cougars and a vast array of other game so its not like they aren't used for hunting

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

C'mon, a REAL man would hunt with nothing but a butter knife.
Well, a dull one

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

The saddest part of this is thanks to spin, like the thread title, people are ignoring what he said in favor of what they think he means.

"Guns used for killing people, exclusively..."

Now, one could reasonably argue he (sanders) might include any assault type rifle in his statement, but I think that's up to him to clarify and not others to ASSUME, isn't it?

Nah. Way more fun to tweak his statement juuuuust a little bit and then scream about it.

Anybody who lives on a farm that has coyotes is likely to have a handgun. Anybody who hunts bigger game is likely to have a handgun. Are they "hunting" with said gun? No, but carrying it with the intent to kill a coyote is still killing an animal.

Seriously?

Know a whole lot of farmers...
Very few own handguns.
Never heard any of them say they needed a handgun to defend themselves against coyotes.
Rifles and night vision scopes...yeah, they are all about those.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I have had to use a handgun as a last resort once, and a friend of the families on a later hunt also had to use one after getting run up a tree by an angry critter.

It happens, maybe not a lot but it does happen, when I hike back country I carry a hand gun and carry bear spray. It may be illegal in some of the places and I don't care, my safety and the safety of the people I am hiking with are far more important to me.

All I ask before someone supports a total ban on anything is look at the law of unintended consequences.

As for the quote meh.. he had no shot anyways, DWS all but anointed hillary on multiple occasions early in the campaign season.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's one thing turning WMD's on the makers of them, but the animals don't deserve that. Hunting animals with any kind of hand gun should be outlawed. I did not know about this.
edit on 28-2-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The saddest part of this is thanks to spin, like the thread title, people are ignoring what he said in favor of what they think he means.

"Guns used for killing people, exclusively..."

Now, one could reasonably argue he (sanders) might include any assault type rifle in his statement, but I think that's up to him to clarify and not others to ASSUME, isn't it?

Nah. Way more fun to tweak his statement juuuuust a little bit and then scream about it.

Anybody who lives on a farm that has coyotes is likely to have a handgun. Anybody who hunts bigger game is likely to have a handgun. Are they "hunting" with said gun? No, but carrying it with the intent to kill a coyote is still killing an animal.

Seriously?

Know a whole lot of farmers...
Very few own handguns.
Never heard any of them say they needed a handgun to defend themselves against coyotes.
Rifles and night vision scopes...yeah, they are all about those.

So do I, and they all strap on a handgun when they go out to the back 40.

Multiple other commenters have point blank answered your question that they themselves either hunt with handguns or have used them while hunting.

Are you gonna keep banging this drum or what?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I always go hunting with a handgun. If I am hunting and some human animal tries to get the drop on me to steal my long gun while it is slung over my shoulder I can pull my double action pistol a lot faster than I can unslinging my bolt action hunting rifle and take it off safety or cycle a round through.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
How is recognizing the huge problem of gun violence a "fantasy world?"

It's you gun worshippers that live in fantasy.

Of course there is a violence problem, and some people use guns. Nice false narrative you have there, thinking legal gun owners are oblivious to that fact.

How would any of the proposed gun laws have stopped the Heston KS shooting yesterday?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So what fire arms, specifically does Bernie want to ban?

(if we are just knee-jerking)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Also... what are all the policeman going to do, resort to crossbows?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join