It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Calls for All Guns Not Used Specifically for Hunting to be Outlawed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's his way of gracefully supporting Hilliary and exiting the race in a style that only an Honorable man would do. We all know that words are more dangerous than stones, so at least he's not throwing stones at the American public.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Also... what are all the policeman going to do, resort to crossbows?

Harsh language.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: butcherguy

It's one thing turning WMD's on the makers of them, but the animals don't deserve that. Hunting animals with any kind of hand gun should be outlawed. I did not know about this.

What do the animals deserve?
I am being totally serious.
What is okay for hunting in your opinion?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Wait till you all see what Hillary is going to do with your precious guns when she becomes president...
You will all wish you had Bernie...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's one thing turning WMD's on the makers of them, but the animals don't deserve that. Hunting animals with any kind of hand gun should be outlawed. I did not know about this.

Have you ever seen a deer herd after a hunting ban... I have; it was heartbreaking, they strip the wilderness of any viable food, they procreate like crazy, once they cant get enough nutrients, their body gets weaker making them susceptible to disease.

So with no hunting they get to look forward to starvation, or some disease that just might make starvation look like a swell way to go.

This is totally ignoring the impact they have on any people living in the area as well, they rapidly become a pest species.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

How is Hillary going to take them away?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I don't think you have a clue how powerful most of the handguns used for hunting are,a hot loaded 10mm,.357 magnum,.41 magnum,.44 magnum will take down a deer just as easily as rifle,quicker in some cases.
edit on 28-2-2016 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Can you shoot 350 yrds like we do in the west with those weapons?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sorry, this is just shocking to me. My husband is an avid hunter (before disabiliy) and my brother in law is a master hunter with the bow.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I suppose hand guns would be ok if you are up close. But in the real world of hunting, that is rare.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Well, I've never heard of long range shotguns.

I have heard of long range pistol shooting.

So if it's based on range, shotguns would be banned?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have deer walk directly under my tree stand every season, exactly 12 feet below me.
Like I said earlier in the thread, do a Google search on handgun hunting, there are a lot of handgun hunters out there and they are successful.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Sounds a lot like us humans, except we're about 10,000 times worse than deer.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

But try hitting a flying pheasant or duck with a pistol, it isn't just range.
edit on 28-2-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Anyone who didn't know this was cooking up in his brainpan was smoking their own special blend of denial anyhow.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a reply to: GodEmperor

But try hitting a flying pheasant or duck with a pistol, it isn't just range.

I shot a flying wild turkey with a 6 barrel Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Magnum.
I read a story written by Teddy Roosevelt, where he related about watching a German hunter in Africa shooting flying waterfowl with a rifle to sharpen his shooting skills.
It is all about the person doing the hunting.
Oh, and pheasants are the easier of the lot. They tend to go nearly straight up when flushed, then have a slight pause when they transition to level flight.
edit on b000000292016-02-28T19:35:51-06:0007America/ChicagoSun, 28 Feb 2016 19:35:51 -0600700000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Maybe clarify the prerequisites beforehand?

Have you ever hit a flying pheasant at 350 yards with a shotgun?

That would require more skill than with a pistol at the same range.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Oh, I guess I am talking to small game hunters. My guys hunt elk, moose, bear in WA and ID, and the smaller game. Just never saw them hunt with pistols.

link   
The president, nor congress can make laws that would, by default, make American citizens criminals.

So you cannot ban guns.

You cannot even separate and classify some as "assault" weapons. Because all weapons, all large rocks, could be used to "assault' someone.

So you cannot ban guns.

You can hate guns, you can be afraid of guns, you can make your home a gun-free zone if you wish.

But you cannot ban guns.

link   

I know several people who hunt with handguns. Boar, especially. I've hunted boar with a handgun...I wouldn't recommend hunting boar with anything smaller than a .44 magnum...I hunted with a .357 magnum, and it took far more shots than it should have.

It depends upon the handgun, and the animal being hunted.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join