It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard abolishes 'master' in titles in slavery row

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Does this mean I worked for 25 years to be a Master engraver for nothing?
I guess I'll be a "better-than-average engraver" henceforth.
Yes, this is ridiculous.
As long as someone is willing to listen these same people are willing to complain about anything they can find.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You do realize you can't bully or goad people into creating an argument from silence without making your entire position look weak and asinine, right?

Jesus, dude, I've provided a link to one paper, and there are many resources available that explain it, even slowly. It exists, it is real and it is pervasive in our modern western societies, from where you are in the U.S.A. to where I am in New Zealand.

Edit: it appears that there are moderators in this thread who haven't even read the OP article...
edit on 25-2-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And I want to be able to cuss on ATS but I'm not allowed to, because it's considered offensive by the bosses of ATS. Their site, their rules.

Harvard is a private college. If the bosses there want to delete the word "master" from their admin titles - their house, their rules.

Why is it any business of yours what a private university does?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
And I want to be able to cuss on ATS but I'm not allowed to, because it's considered offensive by the bosses of ATS. Their site, their rules.

Harvard is a private college. If the bosses there want to delete the word "master" from their admin titles - their house, their rules.

Why is it any business of yours what a private university does?

...and, off of the ATS site, you are free to mock ATS' policies to your hearts' content if they bother you or you find them humorous. Kind of like what most of us are doing here. The only "business" of mine that this policy by Harvard is lies in the fact that I find it very humorous, extremely dumb, and beyond weak sauce... and I derive joy from mocking humorous and dumb stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Does this mean I worked for 25 years to be a Master engraver for nothing?
I guess I'll be a "better-than-average engraver" henceforth.
Yes, this is ridiculous.
As long as someone is willing to listen these same people are willing to complain about anything they can find.

It will mean changing the job titles of 24 members of staff - but will not affect other uses of "master", such as a master's level degree.

Source is the link in the OP which you have obviously not clicked, nor bothered to read. Bolding is mine.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

after protests from students who claimed the title had echoes of slavery

Going by that logic, being a black person is an echo of slavery, so to is a plough, cotton, steel chains and the word "sir".

These precious snowflakes are a joke, they are meant to be at Harvard to learn and get educated, instead they moan and bitch about irrelevant crap no-one cares about except them, they have been indoctrinated by the political correction meme.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: yuppa

SIgh... If it still existed there would be no one but white people in charge or everything. SHeesh. Way to go educational system. you finally done it.

I don't really expect you or any of the others who have replied to me to understand, because so far you've all displayed willful ignorance and the typical kneejerk behaviours associated with denial, being challenged and lack of tolerance, compounded by a sense of entitlement and the poison of the 'American Dream', founded upon none other than white privilege.

It is around, it is evident and it is upheld by those who deny its existence.

NOPE just nope. I never had a sense of entitlement myself. anyone who does is a bleeding moronic idiot.
You have been indoctrinated and do not even realize it. Also i am tolerant of everyone except people who earm my dis respect. And challenged? what is to be challenged about? perception of perceived wrongs? we put people in mental homes for that you know.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Of course it's their house, their rules.

I wonder what many of the alums think?

When they make stupid decisions like this, and announce them publicly...they can, reasonably, expect to get razzed about it, and deservedly so.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well if it floats your boat that much, you don't have much of a life.

Carry on....

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If I were to take one thing and one thing only from this thread it would be:

...through the time honored liberal arts tradition of whining and bitching.

Thank you for the belly laugh, the rant was class!

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Going by that logic, being a black person is an echo of slavery, so to is a plough, cotton, steel chains and the word "sir".

These precious snowflakes are a joke, they are meant to be at Harvard to learn and get educated, instead they moan and bitch about irrelevant crap no-one cares about except them, they have been indoctrinated by the political correction meme.

Here ya go!

Brown student protesters complain homework is interfering with their activism

Students are reportedly upset that the university wants them to keep up with their academics amid their protesting.

So let me get this straight, these special "snowflakes" have taken on a debt that won't and most likely can't be repaid for an education and they are bitching they don't have time to be "Social Activists"????

Is it just me or is this a perfect example of some one dumb enough to take on a 200k debt and complain about something they can do for free?

Seriously! You didn't take a loan to be an out spoken arsehole! You took it to learn!

Uh yea! We have a HUGE problem in this country, and one of them is being dumb enough to pay big money for an education and then bitch about not having enough time to be someone who does nothing more than bitching about life not being fair?

Wasn't it just the other day I saw a post about Trump University ripping people off because after the course they weren't successful?

Holy hell, is this snip real?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well if it floats your boat that much, you don't have much of a life.

Carry on....

Well, right now it is in the mid 40s, everything melting, and we have running water over a sheet of slick ice covering just about everything. So today, no, I guess I don't have much of anything better to do.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

“There are people breaking down, dropping out of classes, and failing classes because of the activism work they are taking on,” an undergraduate student going by the pseudonym “David” told The Brown Daily Herald Thursday. “My grades dropped dramatically. My health completely changed. I lost weight. I’m on antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills right now. Counselors called me. I had deans calling me to make sure I was okay.

*Whew* False alarm folks, the Masters have contacted the student and are ensuring he'll be alright!

but seriously, what a jackass. What an entitled, childish, doofus of a student...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Here ya go!

Brown student protesters complain homework is interfering with their activism

Students are reportedly upset that the university wants them to keep up with their academics amid their protesting.

So let me get this straight, these special "snowflakes" have taken on a debt that won't and most likely can't be repaid for an education and they are bitching they don't have time to be "Social Activists"????

Is it just me or is this a perfect example of some one dumb enough to take on a 200k debt and complain about something they can do for free?

Seriously! You didn't take a loan to be an out spoken arsehole! You took it to learn!

Uh yea! We have a HUGE problem in this country, and one of them is being dumb enough to pay big money for an education and then bitch about not having enough time to be someone who does nothing more than bitching about life not being fair?

Wasn't it just the other day I saw a post about Trump University ripping people off because after the course they weren't successful?

Holy hell, is this snip real?

From the comments:

"Where is the National Guard?"

-Derek L Blackston
edit on 25-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I have read this whole thread mainly because of the stupidity and ignorance reflected by the SJW topic in the OP and i have found the responses to it so amazingly entertaining and sharp and to the point (looking at you for sure burdman TY!! : * ).

...But that article you just posted.....just...i mean what, the ,hell really? Truly? Nobody is joking there are you sure ? That is so said so ridiculous so stupid so infuriating so amazingly stupendously ignorant it is beyond comprehension even for a person with down syndrome this is laughing matter. this is just W.O.W.

I dont know people i just had to express this after reading that. These people are the weakest ,saddest most useless pieces of well, nothing really aren't they? I think we all know how well it is going to go for them the day there "Education" ends and they are left to deal with the real world.

In a few years time they will all be asking for extensions on their un-paid loans EVERYWHERE including the IRS. They will be asking for free "get out of jail cards" just because ... i dont know , because they had so much emotional stress planning their bank robbery in order to pay their rent because for some unimaginable reason they never managed to land a job or keep one ?

As far as i know there are only a few proffesional victims around that are making a lot of money out if it like sarkeesian but im betting there will be few others who will manage that. They do need mental health i agree but reading that article they are not really getting real mental health other then people trying to pamper their so called needs.

I am still astounded wow man just wow.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 18:59:42 -06001620162America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Not sure of your reply. If it is about the song always thought it meant :you do your thing ill do mine"

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
this kind of thing has zilch to do with political correctness.
its more about a stuffy old establishment catching up with the 21st century.
maybe the 20th?
if you need to be called master, fine demand it.
however, the op does state

What next? Ban all white people from opening there mouths in general? Ban the English laungage for being racist?

which probably says more about his stance.
why only white people, why only the english language?
maybe you should head over to stormfront if they are your beliefs.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You know is interesting that people when no having anything better to do or anything else to find of value in life, just have to find a way to keep themselves busy feeling offended by anything they target to be offended by.

Is a human condition.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No only that but is also invading the master bedrooms of every citizens in the world.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Because usually as with everything in our nation and with the help of "activist" it tends to spill on the rest of the population as a statement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join