It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard abolishes 'master' in titles in slavery row

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

You need to research 'White privilege' and actively endeavour to understand the concept.

# white privilege.

There is no such thing anymore.

Blacks can be what ever they want. Doctors, scientists hell even the president of the USA.

Maybe if you spent less time bitching and moaning about "white privilege" and getting offended over stupid words and spent more time studying and focusing on things that matter you could get better jobs?

Only things keeping blacks down these days is themselves.
edit on 25-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm white (Pakeha) and I acknowledge the existence of white privilege.

Educate yourself.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, it does exist. Deny ignorance is the motto of this website, but all I see are people constantly embracing it.

Here's a link for you (.pdf).

Peggy McIntosh

I don't expect you to agree, but at least now you can't say you're not wilfully ignorant...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ah damn......

I guess all the pro golfers need to get together and come up with a new name for the Masters Golf tournament!

Which means I'm no longer a Master Electrician? Guess I'm a Dean of Electricians?

No more master switches or master valves.

Be careful out there people! You can't "master" anything anymore! Now you must "dean" things. So instead of "mastering" the art of pottery, you need to say you've "dean'd" the art of pottery, or whatever.

No more "master" lists of things either.

Quick! We need to go out and find every single person that earned a "Masters" degree and use a pen on it. Scratch that out and put Dean's degree (of course this might cause a slight problem with all those out there named "Dean" but at least we're not offending anyone!).

Aw crap. We need to get a hold of the US Navy! A E-9 in the US Navy is known as a Master Chief Petty Officer....need to get that changed, and the rest of the US military will need to do something about Master Sergeants!

Crap...I just realized......anyone hosting something (the MC? Master of Ceremonies?)....yah, we need to get a hold of them too. Least we offend someone out there.

Damn, this is going to take some work. Anyone else ready to get on the phones?

(shaking my head in disgust at the "we get offended by any damn thing" crowd).

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I thought we already did...?

To the topic.

Oh, for the love of God...does asinine even come close to describing this? Abolishing "master" from academic title because of slavery echoes...?

How the hell does a masters degree in math equate to slavery, or echo it even vaguely? Can any of these "students" explain that to me? Please? Cause I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

How the hell does a masters degree in math equate to slavery, or echo it even vaguely? Can any of these "students" explain that to me? Please? Cause I don't get it.

It doesn't, but then I guess that's what you get from not reading the article and jumping on the knee-jerk bandwagon...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I see the ramblings of an idiot who is confused about the differences between racial "privilege" and "majority rules." I also see a self proclaimed intelligent individual who doesn't know how to spell "college" correctly (hint for her, it isn't "collage" as she has it in her footer.) Finally, I see that she's a product of one of America's liberal cesspool indoctrination centers, the jaw dropping bastion of misandry and manufactured self loathing, Wellesley. I see that she's using her liberal arts degree (that I'm sure took a real uphill slog through some of the most difficult fields to master,,, er, I mean dean, imaginable... unlike those of us who took the easy road and got science degrees that involved cake walk intelligentsia courses like differential equations and advanced physical properties of materials) to it's fullest through the time honored liberal arts tradition of whining and bitching.

I wish her well in her quest for masochistic introspection and self hatred, as well as her personal quest towards deflecting expectations of self responsibility from anyone not of her own skin color, with Wellesley's caveat, of course that white womyn aren't "as responsible for the world's woes" as white men are...

To summarize:

Credit; Lamont Sanford

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Educate yourself.

Already am educated.

I just spent my time at university learning actual usefull things like biology rather than waste my time with social mumbo jumbo and safe spaces.

Get over yourself snowflake

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ridiculous. Political correctness bs. Anyone know the hank jr song coalition to ban coalitions? I feel like if more people would take that approach wed all be better off. Sad part is some see these kinds of things (not using the word master in an academic title) as progress.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I thought the attempt to rename "man-hole" covers to "People-hole" covers was bad...

25 years later and its worse

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Oh, did I ruffle your feathers some how?

I said/wrote what I did in a spirit of hyperbole...sorry it flew over your head so badly. I'll try harder next time.

How is being disgusted with this knee jerk? It's really rather stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Educate yourself.

So you're comfortable living feeling guilty over something you had no control over?

Isn't guilt the manipulation of "religion" that has been a psychological mind F#$$ for many over centuries that many have committed suicide over enough for you? Now you want to make it political?

If someone who is born with a dark colored skin special because...................why in the hell is someone who is born white supposed to feel guilty?

Holy Hell! You guys are getting more oppressive and religious in your ideologies than those nut jobs protesting funerals and hating gay folk!

So much for tolerance?
edit on 25-2-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah, it does exist. Deny ignorance is the motto of this website, but all I see are people constantly embracing it.

Here's a link for you (.pdf).

Peggy McIntosh

I don't expect you to agree, but at least now you can't say you're not wilfully ignorant...

SIgh... If it still existed there would be no one but white people in charge or everything. SHeesh. Way to go educational system. you finally done it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leto2
Ridiculous. Political correctness bs. Anyone know the hank jr song coalition to ban coalitions? I feel like if more people would take that approach wed all be better off. Sad part is some see these kinds of things (not using the word master in an academic title) as progress.

Freedom for all OR Freedom for none?

As much as political worshippers fight over it, there is no in between......

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am an eternal optimist... I hope that given time and a change in location people have great capacity to change for the better.

So yea.. they should have the opportunity to improve themselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

SIgh... If it still existed there would be no one but white people in charge or everything. SHeesh. Way to go educational system. you finally done it.

I don't really expect you or any of the others who have replied to me to understand, because so far you've all displayed willful ignorance and the typical kneejerk behaviours associated with denial, being challenged and lack of tolerance, compounded by a sense of entitlement and the poison of the 'American Dream', founded upon none other than white privilege.

It is around, it is evident and it is upheld by those who deny its existence.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I don't really expect you or any of the others who have replied to me to understand, because so far you've all displayed willful ignorance and the typical kneejerk behaviours associated with denial, being challenged and lack of tolerance, compounded by a sense of entitlement and the poison of the 'American Dream', founded upon none other than white privilege.

Utter and total complete crap.

I certainly do not uphold discriminating against ANYONE based on their skin color, gender, culture, religious belief or for ANY other reason.

And yet, "White Privilege"? Complete horse crap, about 20 feet high and stinking to high heaven.

It's not that people are ignorant. It's that we live in the real world and have seen how things are working. Keep kidding yourself if you want, but it really does not exist, except by those who wish to blame any and everything they can on this, instead of taking a look at themselves, their environment and those around them, and actually realizing that anyone can do what they want, if they put their minds to it, work hard enough and accept personal responsibility.

But no.....easier to try and blame it on something else.....that doesn't exist.

But hey, good job in trying to continue to draw lines in the sand and divide people based upon their skin color.....because that is all that this belief in "white privilege" does.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You do realize you can't bully or goad people into creating an argument from silence without making your entire position look weak and asinine, right?

It's like saying unicorns exist and anyone who denies that they do is only proving they exist because they're taking the time to say they don't.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
, except by those who wish to blame any and everything they can on this, instead of taking a look at themselves, their environment and those around them, and actually realizing that anyone can do what they want, if they put their minds to it, work hard enough and accept personal responsibility.

...and right there you display your complete and total ignorance of the issue, while upholding 'white privilege'...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join