It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Calendar Ends On June 2nd, 2016 (Gregorian) or May 20th, 2016 (Julian)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: neutrinostargate

What marks the beginning of the 73-year period? What marks the beginning of the first sheaf that they recorded? When did they start counting?

If the beginning points were arbitrary (i.e., some Mayan astronomer many hundreds of years ago said "let's keep track of these cycles 'starting now'"), then any end of a period or sheaf would also be arbitrary, just like January 1 is arbitrary and holds no astronomical significance.

Earth's precession is cyclical, but there is no distinct astronomical starting point or ending point of that cycle; it's continuous and smooth. That's almost literally like asking to find the endpoints of a circle.

edit on 2/18/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Of course keep posting. My comments we're just that. You have some deep research of value here.

We always can benefit from it....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy
On topic in a roundabout sort of way:

Not the end of the world. The start of a new cycle. What that means, I don't know. 

And I shall be with you, even until the end of the age ~Jesus?

Not the end of time, Not the end of the world...the end of the age.

ETA: No, I do not believe the age of Aquarius will necessarily be a golden age, just different.
edit on 18-2-2016 by blood0fheroes because: Meh

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

A dollar for the seeing the disappointment on Quetzalcoatls (or something like that) his face when he returns and sees that nobody but a few flabbergasted tourists are there to welcome him after his departure centuries ago. He will be questioning the quality of his teachings or the intelligence of his pupils. How could they not figure out the date within a dozen centuries time to do so.

Excuse me... all but one that is..

edit on 18/2/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yes OP the Haab calender ends on if I recall? June 6th 2016.

I can't help but wonder if this is related to the dimensional shift ushered in by Planet X.

I have been observing and documenting the objects in this thread since April 2015:www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a growing number of people who are thinking PX will pass this spring and I am one of them. Once it passes peri helion it will be on us very suddenly as it speeds up.

The Eq pattern also tells us we have a nearside alignment of the sun, earth and Px every spring. Each year this moves forward by a matter of short weeks, this year this predicted date should occur very near to the June 6th date. Velikovsky also noted how the flash frozen mammoths were frozen in the spring time too (Northern hemisphere).

BTW may I also ask the good folks of ATS to pass on my thread and spread this word. Thanks! Time is short!

Here's PX and orbitals as seen from the Soho camera:

Here's PX and co. Seen from the ISS camera:

Here's the first pic I took back in April 2015 note the size increase Since this time in a matter of months-objects are always at two o'clock at 50N.

Here's some more:

Hope this hasn't come across as hi jacking the thread? but this is your answer most likely Op and this is also my honest opinion based on the facts.

Bless you all ATS best of luck!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Of course keep posting. My comments we're just that. You have some deep research of value here.

We always can benefit from it....

Ok, thank you. More to come in regards to this.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

edit on 18-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the problem with your delusion is :

its utterly irrelevant to the facts

when maya and spanish scholars first compared thier calenders - they both knew the correct date in thier respective callender

the " errors " you alledge in european callenders do NOT accumulate a 4 year " error " over 520 years

thus your claim is wrong

its that simple

Um what the heck are you talking about Ignorant Ape? LOL Your reply utterly makes no sense. Thanks for your drivel with many spelling errors.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

What marks the beginning of the 73-year period? What marks the beginning of the first sheaf that they recorded? When did they start counting?

If the beginning points were arbitrary (i.e., some Mayan astronomer many hundreds of years ago said "let's keep track of these cycles 'starting now'"), then any end of a period or sheaf would also be arbitrary, just like January 1 is arbitrary and holds no astronomical significance.

Earth's precession is cyclical, but there is no distinct astronomical starting point or ending point of that cycle; it's continuous and smooth. That's almost literally like asking to find the endpoints of a circle.

You can place a point of time on it. According to the Aztecs/Mayans, there are 5 Suns. The 5th Sun is about to end. In a grand precession cycle, there are 26,000 years. 5 cycles of 5200 years each = 26,000 years. 5 cycles of 5128.767 years or 1,872,000 long count days of the 13 baktun cycles of 144,000 each one divide it by 365 solar Haab Mayan days = 5128.767 years. That is how they figured out precession precisely.

The Long Count calendar ends on June 2nd, 2016, so 1/2 of a precession cycle was about 13,000 years ago. A precession according to the Mayans was 25,644 years. So half of that would be 12,822 years ago or 10,806 B.C. And what just so happened to have occurred at that time?

Graham Hancock says that near the end of the last Ice Age 12,800 years ago, a giant comet that had entered the solar system from deep space thousands of years earlier, broke into multiple fragments. Some of these struck the Earth causing a global cataclysm on a scale unseen since the extinction of the dinosaurs. At least eight of the fragments hit the North American ice cap, while further fragments hit the northern European ice cap. The impacts, from comet fragments a mile wide approaching at more than 60,000 miles an hour, generated huge amounts of heat which instantly liquidized millions of square kilometers of ice, destabilizing the Earth's crust and causing the global Deluge that is remembered in myths all around the world. A second series of impacts, equally devastating, causing further cataclysmic flooding, occurred 11,600 years ago, the exact date that Plato gives for the destruction and submergence of Atlantis. The evidence revealed in this book shows beyond reasonable doubt that an advanced civilization that flourished during the Ice Age was destroyed in the global cataclysms between 12,800 and 11,600 years ago. But there were survivors - known to later cultures by names such as 'the Sages', 'the Magicians', 'the Shining Ones', and 'the Mystery Teachers of Heaven'. They travelled the world in their great ships doing all in their power to keep the spark of civilization burning. They settled at key locations - Gobekli Tepe in Turkey, Baalbek in the Lebanon, Giza in Egypt, ancient Sumer, Mexico, Peru and across the Pacific where a huge pyramid has recently been discovered in Indonesia. Everywhere they went these 'Magicians of the Gods' brought with them the memory of a time when mankind had fallen out of harmony with the universe and paid a heavy price. A memory and a warning to the future...

edit on 18-2-2016 by neutrinostargate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
The Maya are fascinating. But never predicted the end of the world.

Rather the end of a cycle. What the ending of a cycle means, we don't really know. We know what they thought it meant but whether or not that was based on myths/faith or in reality...... I guess we'll never know. If something WAS meant to happen, they'd be severely disappointed had they not mysteriously vanished.

Those who discredit the Mayan calendar as "just a calendar" are wrong. I think it's sheer length and accuracy with the equinoxes is anything but ordinary. They clearly had a great knowledge of space, well beyond their apparent capabilities.

Not the end of the world. The start of a new cycle. What that means, I don't know. But looking around... if anything, the world iss going down hill with little signs of improvement so.... this age sucks.

The Mayans actually did believe in an "end of the world".

New Fire Ceremony Every 52 years Among the ancient Aztec people of what is now Mexico, the year was divided into 18 months of 20 days each, plus a five-day "unlucky" period. There was also a ritualistic period of 260 days, which was composed of 13 months with 20 named days in each month. When one cycle was superimposed on the other, it resulted in a "century" of 52 years. Although festivals were observed each month, the most impressive and important occurred at the end of the 52-year cycle, when people feared that the world would be destroyed. It was known as the New Fire Ceremony because the old altar fire was extinguished and a new one was lit, symbolizing the new lease on life that the dawn of a new cycle represented.

encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

In your research do you know what happens on 2nd June (or 20th May) once the Mayan calendar ends?

Meteorite? Aliens? Dimensional rift? Justin Bieber dies? Kanye' West admits he's a goat?

or is it nothing other than the apparent end of the calendar and it starts it's count again?
I am Voting for Kanye Goat!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blood0fheroes
a reply to: MrConspiracy
On topic in a roundabout sort of way:

Not the end of the world. The start of a new cycle. What that means, I don't know. 

And I shall be with you, even until the end of the age ~Jesus?

Not the end of time, Not the end of the world...the end of the age.

ETA: No, I do not believe the age of Aquarius will necessarily be a golden age, just different.

The New Fire ceremony was the most important aspect of their calendar. It had to do with the 52 year cycle of the Pleiades aligning with the Sun when the Tzolkin and the Haab counts aligned.

The New Fire ceremony (in Nahuatl xiuhmolpilli—the Binding of the Years) was an Aztec ceremony performed once every 52 years — a full cycle of the Aztec calendar— in order to stave off the end of the world.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-2-2016 by neutrinostargate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ice ages do not line up with the precession cycle. Ice ages seem to follow a 100,000-year cycle, not the 26,000-year cycle of precession. Some say that there are other cycles (along with precession) that superimpose on each other to create what is called the Milankovitch Cycle. Some feel that the Milankovitch Cycle lines up better with historical ice ages and the severity of those ice ages.

The Milankovitch Cycle takes precession (the wobble of the Earth's axis) into account, but also the 41,000-year cycle of the change in tilt of that axis (between 21.5 degrees and 24.5 degress), AND the ~100,000-year cycle of the Earth's orbit's eccentricity (the shape of the Earth's orbit, and the distance it is from the sun alongthat orbit).

There are some issues with the Milankovitch Cycle hypothesis, but the fact still remains that ice ages do not follow the 26,000-year cycle of Precession.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Kantjil
Whoa! They have dragons where you live?! I envy you!! All we have here is Cthulhu and the like...

Hey don't knock Cthulhu, that's the boss man ya know!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So basically, the world's supposed to end the last couple of election years. If Hilarity gets elected, ya I can see how it'll be the end.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix
Psh, boss man. All he does is sleep....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutrinostargate

originally posted by: Atsbhct
It's okay to say that the Mayan end of times prophecy was wrong. So was every other end of times prophecy so far.

Just let it die.

You will clearly see from my research that I will post soon that it is wrong.

That is if you have a half a brain to actually understand it.

Dude.... Easy on the insults! What the heck, just because someone may not see something as you do does not mean they have half a brain or less! Seriously! You arrive here and post an OP that assumes all should believe your "research" that hasn't even been posted!(At least at the point of this quote, I have not yet finished the thread) Why wasn't said "research" in the OP and why so hostile to those who are skeptical, especially those who weren't even provided a chance to read this "research" and were seemingly supposed to take it on faith?! Come on, that's not how ATS works. In other words; pics or it didn't happen (in this case facts and sources) But seriously try to be respectful of other members. The only argument presented, at least at the point of what I quoted, was basically "because I said so". How can you possibly be upset with others skepticism. Also, yes I saw that you would provide your "research" but until then, and even after members have the right and obligation to criticize if necessary. It's called discourse. Geesh....
edit on 18-2-2016 by s3cz0ne because: Posting on a mobile

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

It's okay to say that the Mayan end of times prophecy was wrong. So was every other end of times prophecy so far.

Just let it die.

Dude.... Easy on the insults! What the heck, just because someone may not see something as you do does not mean they have half a brain or less! Seriously!...

Ha! Yes.

I have the half a brain required to "understand it", and with the other half of my brain, I logically considered it and chose to disagree with his assertions.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

Just let it die.

Dude.... Easy on the insults! What the heck, just because someone may not see something as you do does not mean they have half a brain or less! Seriously! You arrive here and post an OP that assumes all should believe your "research" that hasn't even been posted!(At least at the point of this quote, I have not yet finished the thread) Why wasn't said "research" in the OP and why so hostile to those who are skeptical, especially those who weren't even provided a chance to read this "research" and were seemingly supposed to take it on faith?! Come on, that's not how ATS works. In other words; pics or it didn't happen (in this case facts and sources) But seriously try to be respectful of other members. The only argument presented, at least at the point of what I quoted, was basically "because I said so". How can you possibly be upset with others skepticism. Also, yes I saw that you would provide your "research" but until then, and even after members have the right and obligation to criticize if necessary. It's called discourse. Geesh....

Good point. You are right. My apologies.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Part 2 coming up
Look forward to it! thanks!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join