It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Indictments Returned In The Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Occupation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
FBI- NewsAlert

On or about October 5, 2015, and continuing through the date of this indictment, in the
District of Oregon, defendants AMMON BUNDY, JON RITZHEIMER, JOSEPH O'SHAUGHNESSY, RYAN PAYNE, RYAN BUNDY, BRIAN CAVALIER, SHAWNA COX, PETER SANTILLI, JASON PATRICK, DUANE LEO EHMER, DYLAN ANDERSON, SEAN ANDERSON, DAVID LEE FRY, JEFF WAYNE BANTA, SANDRA LYNN PFEIFER ANDERSON, and KENNETH MEDENBACH, did knowingly and willfully conspire and agree together and with each other and with persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury to prevent by force, intimidation, and threats, officers and employees of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, an agency within the Department of the Interior, from discharging the duties of their office at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.

Today, a federal grand jury returned an indictment charging 16 individuals in relation to the occupation of the Malheur National Refuge in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372

If two or more persons in any State, Territory, Possession, or District conspire to prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any person from accepting or holding any office, trust, or place of confidence under the United States, or from discharging any duties thereof, or to induce by like means any officer of the United States to leave the place, where his duties as an officer are required to be performed, or to injure him in his person or property on account of his lawful discharge of the duties of his office, or while engaged in the lawful discharge thereof, or to injure his property so as to molest, interrupt, hinder, or impede him in the discharge of his official duties, each of such persons shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six years, or both.

In the unsealed indictment there are several "overt acts" lists:

a. On or about October 5, 2015, two conspirators traveled to Harney County, Oregon, to warn the Hamey County sheriff of "extreme civil unrest" if certain demands were not met.

b. Beginning on January 2, 2016, defendants and conspirators occupied the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge by force while using and carrying firearms.

c. Beginning on January 2, 2016, defendants and conspirators brandished and carried firearms on the premises of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and prevented federal officials from performing their official duties by force, threats and intimidation.

d. Beginning on January 2, 2016, defendants and conspirators refused to leave the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and allow federal officials to return to their official duties.

e. Beginning on January 2, 2016, defendants and conspirators threatened violence against anybody who attempted to remove them from the Masher National Wildlife Refuge.

f. Beginning in or about November 2015, defendants and conspirators recruited and encouraged other individuals, known and unknown to the grand jury, in person and through social media and other means of communication, to participate and assist in the above-described conspiracy.

g. In or about November 2015 continuing through January 26, 2016, defendants and conspirators traveled to Harney County, Oregon, to intimidate and coerce the population of Harney County, Oregon, in order to effectuate the goals of the conspiracy.

edit on 4-2-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Sounds like the only question left is where to ' throw the key"

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah! Kill them! Torture them first!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hmm, you'd think a out-of-control tyrannical government that went so far as to hire either french bankers or mercenaries dressed up as FBI agents to intentionally hunt down and kill Finicum would charge these patriots with more than just "Keeping federal employees from doing their jobs" and a maximum 6 year sentence.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Like what trespassing fines?

They have to actually prove they did something wrong.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
They've been keeping the employees of the wildlife refuge from coming in and doing their jobs by not allowing them on the premises. I don't know if that's "Wrong" but it's at least illegal. They weren't JUST trespassing.

I mean, if they'd just set up a tent-city on the premises and still allowed the employees into the buildings to manage the wildlife refuge like they normally do, then yes, it would just be trespassing. but that's not what happened.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's amazing how these federal crooks and murders can get away with using unjust laws they created....

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Thanks for posting. I found a little background info on the 1st of the 16 conspirators arrested, Kenneth Medenbach.

From an Oregon Live article posted January 15, 2016:

He was arrested at the Safeway in Burns, Oregon while driving one of the Fish and Wildlife vehicles, arrested on suspicion of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, a class C felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Mr. Medenbach was released in November, 2015 from Medford, OR on other federal charges; illegal camping on federal property.

Back in 1995 he was found guilty of illegal camping in Washington state. Some tidbits from that case (bold print is mine, for emphasis):

The appellate ruling said there was "evidence that Medenbach had attempted to protect his forest campsite with fifty to a hundred pounds of the explosive ammonium sulfate, a pellet gun, and what appeared to be a hand grenade with trip wires. The government also proffered evidence that Medenbach had warned Forest Service officers of potential armed resistance to the federal government's continued control of the forest lands in question."

Nice guy...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
It's amazing how these federal crooks and murders can get away with using unjust laws they created....

Which unjust laws? I'm curious.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Now, One, I know you don't mean that. You are just being facetious, making an attempt to ridicule what you see as a position that opposes your own by taking what you think that position to be and stretching it way out of proportion to what you think is the extreme of that position, You say kill em and torture em because you, for whatever reason suppose, or for some other reason want, to suggest that this is my 'real' desire in this case.

Otherwise, why would you post such a vulgar and 'over the top' reply?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: onequestion

Now, One, I know you don't mean that. You are just being facetious, making an attempt to ridicule what you see as a position that opposes your own by taking what you think that position to be and stretching it way out of proportion to what you think is the extreme of that position, You say kill em and torture em because you, for whatever reason suppose, or for some other reason want, to suggest that this is my 'real' desire in this case.

Otherwise, why would you post such a vulgar and 'over the top' reply?

Well,

Sounds like the only question left is where to ' throw the key"
, right?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Yeah, Cabbie, I can see how one might assume by my statement of 'throw away the key' might be taken as vindictive, but it was not intended that way, more a comment on the long list of points to indict and not an expression of a blood thirsty nature as the poster implies.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Fair enough. Noted, and agreed. They are definitely going to throw the book at them, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Tutors and mentors are also helping to educate children in computer science, mesman Oakville. Philip Thomas Mesman, a game and app developer and tech consultant in Oakville, Ontario, believes the lack of computer science in schools is not only detrimental, it is creating a growing tech chasm that our youth may not be able to circumvent.
edit on 8-2-2016 by tyronlakerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thought I should reply to this thread to update and add that seven of the prime defendants from the MNWR standoff have been acquitted as of October 2016.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join