It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you first discover AboveTopSecret?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147 I'm glad I'm not the only one who fell for goodchild. The power of wanting something to happen. The oldies were the best, then your innocence gets robbed and you become a skeptic of everything

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'm glad I'm not the only one who fell for goodchild. The power of wanting something to happen. The oldies were the best, then your innocence gets robbed and you become a skeptic of everything

Yup, I wanted definitive proof far too badly

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I want to say back in 2009 or 2010, one of my good friends directed me here because he knows I have a distinct lack of skepticism regarding a variety of things. Been a pretty big lurker ever since. ^_^

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In the early 2000's as I extensively searched online for anything relating to aliens, ghosts, Atlantis, and whatnot. Eventually stumbled upon this site and began reading everything...was glued for days

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For Laz, it was Jim Marrs' book Above Top Secret.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I was browsing GLP quite a bit and had become disenfranchised by it, saw a few mentions of ATS in some posts and decided to google what exactly that was...

At the time I was blown away by the intelligence and approach by most of the members here and their willingness to bring forth evidence to support their ideas, opinions and claims. Sadly, it's not so much like that anymore.

I REALLY like to let my imagination run wild on the fringe subjects, but those topics get shut down by other members almost immediately nowadays and the discourse stifled. Sad really.

It's no longer the same place that brought me here.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I remember having a lot of down time at work. I was bored. One of the guys I worked with asked if I had ever heard of building number 7. I started googling and found this place.
I started visiting almost daily. It seemed the amount of information and new topics were endless.
After a while I decided to make an account. Man, I spent way too many hours on here while I was unemployed.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

I thought you came here because you got bored and decided to be the next anti-Christ

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

A long, long time ago, in an internet far, far away, I was a member of a non-conspiracy forum. The forum I lived on was about the same size as ATS is now (it was huge, back in those days). If you were in to astral projection, or any other metaphysical topic, this forum was the place to go; most others could not rival the amount of content that was there.

Alas, my tale takes a darker turn - On that forum, there was trouble brewing between the site owner and the mods. The mods staged a mutiny, and many of the esteemed members (including myself) formed a new home outside of the network. However, while there is still a partial skeleton of that forum still existing, about 95 percent of the content was lost to the archives of the Wayback Machine.

And so, I came to the next big home I could find - I didn't want to join up with any of the forums that already talked about astral projection (my old forum had an equal number of "experts" and "learners", the other forums had almost all experts), so I slowly found this place when deciding where I wanted to live. And here I've been for a few years now

-foss

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera
The force is strong with this one.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 21-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
No Idea what brought me here, but I can tell you what keeps me here. A great user site that encourages people to post more than one liners, there is substance to discussions and some solid T and Cs.

The peeps are nice (mostly), but I do wish there was less politics and religion and more of the Krrrazzy stuff of old.

edit on 21-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

The peeps are nice (mostly), but I do wish there was less politics and religion and more of the Krrrazzy stuff of old.

Politics and religion is Krrrazzy stuff!

I know what you mean though....

edit on 21-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Back in 2008, a colleague grasped my attention when he mentioned he found a website that was full of crap about conspiracies and other stuff. Since my colleague was so corporate and capitalist, I was actually hooked by what he hated.
So here I am, since 2008. I'm not always active, but I always read it.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Discovered abovetopsecret from a UFO conspiracy TV special from way way back (I cannot recall the title though)...late 90s I think or early 2000s. Been a major lurker ever since. But only registered on 2011 'coz I just had to jump into the epic 8-3-11 thread. That was when I had a taste of how really fierce most of the people in here are. Some brilliant, others great while majority were interesting. But the passion when people debated...wow! That's probably why the Phage is so cold hearted sometimes or most of the time...kidding.

Been hooked ever since. If its in outerspace or about alternative history or political conspiracy or just a good 'ol mystery like the unsolvable Oak Island Money Pit...count me in.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I had an experience in the San Luis valley of So. Colorado that shook my view of reality to it's core!
In my search for answers, I wound up here. Thanks for the cookies!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In the mid 1990's I saw a black triangle with a group of friends and have always wondered what it was. It was hovering above us, really low and totally silent. Many years later I did a Google search and stumbled across ATS. After lurking for many many years, I finally decided to join. I love all the different forums, topics and viewpoints on ATS. It's my favorite place on the Internet.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Ghost147 I'm glad I'm not the only one who fell for goodchild. The power of wanting something to happen. The oldies were the best, then your innocence gets robbed and you become a skeptic of everything

You didn't really join because of the GFL did you.... please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Please

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup
He's probably as serious as you were about moobies yesterday. I hope you weren't serious lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

You didn't really join because of the GFL did you.... please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Please

I'm guilty. I just wanted it to be real. Sad to say I've not really matured much since those days lifelong process

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join