It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun ‘Seizure’ (Democrats) That Will Likely Send a Chill Down the Spines of Georgia Gun Owners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So who is it that determines what an "assault weapon" actually is??? That's pretty weak...sounds like someone is testing the public response to the idea of only being allowed to have certain weapons they can legally possess and use. I think the response in GA, however, will not be in their favor.
edit on 31381America/ChicagoThu, 14 Jan 2016 13:38:34 -060031pm3113America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"scary black rifle" - That would have been racist.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Sort of like defending the Second Amendment against terrorists. Defenders have to win every battle, while attackers only have to win once.

Living in Georgia I can say these folks are not well received by the majority.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So the second can be distilled down to having a firearm for deer hunting. I doubt that is what the founders had in mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This will never fly in Georgia. Democrats have been relegated to little more than dog catcher outside of Atlanta, and rightfully so.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Apparently lawmakers decide and I think this is a test balloon for possible federal action. Obama's chief of staff has stated executive action on guns is coming down the pipeline although he did not elaborate on what that meant. With both houses of congress controlled by republicans I can see an end run around congress by pushing state action.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Gun ‘Seizure’ (Democrats) That Will Likely Send a Chill Down the Spines of Georgia Gun Owners

Any healthy, progressive, Loving change sends a chill down the spines of Georgia (and other hillbilly conservative Kim Davis deep south low IQ...) people!
And most other Xtians, also!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You mean Healthy, Progressive and Loving like your bigoted comment?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Wish they would stop moving the goal post... once upon a time it wasnt called an assault rifle if it didnt have burst fire, or full auto capability... now if it resembles a military weapon its an assault weapon.

I know several folks that hunt with an M-14 variant... its still in service maybe they should ban those also..

stupid people out to ruin my day before ive had my caffeine... not nice.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This can't be. We've been told over and over and over that the left doesn't really want to take your guns. You mean they might be lying? I just can't believe it.

Have you ever seen the antis stop and say, hey, you know, maybe these restrictions are going too far? No? Because as a group, they've never seen a restriction they didn't approve of. That's why they're antis.

As for this law...its going nowhere in Georgia.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The idea of some Utopia where they could confiscate our guns , im sure to some is fantastic.

However in reality this will never happen............let me tell you why......

Count the causalities the first week this sort of thing starts to happen, and that project would be abandoned post haste.

Just not going to happen, not that way anyway....

A more likely scenario is to target health agencies , expand the scope of evaluations to include other things "mental health" related and require anyone that has anything in their past that could be considered, unfit to have a firearm.

That way they get to determine whats considered a mental health issue and what isnt.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: namelesss

You mean Healthy, Progressive and Loving like your bigoted comment?

Takes one to know one!

And that was mostly tongue in cheek, just baitin' our Southern brothers and sisters!
Just because someone might be dumb, or a bigot, doesn't mean that they are unworthy of Love!
Thank God, eh? *__-

edit on 17-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
... double post
edit on 17-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Remember, a lot of time passes between passage of such a thing and actually being able to fight it in court. A lot of chaos can break out by then. Someone has to be negatively impacted in order to have standing to sue for example, so the confiscation has to be attempted.

If the country breaks out into open revolt, any court actions may be a moot point.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Many people have been killed by 22.LR, yet even we in the U.K. can own a 22. rifle.

How is it that some firearms are NOT classed as an assault weapon? Surely either all are or none are? And by that measure, how is a knife not an assault weapon?

I'm not a U.S. citizen, and I'm pretty left leaning, but anyone with a brain can see that this is a very slippery slope.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join