It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason why 500,000 want to ban TRUMP from the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Funny no one kicked up a fuss when snoop dog or Tyler the destroyer were refused entry to the uk, but when right wing blow hard billionaire trump provokes a petition, all hell breaks lose

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens I don't see all these angry British people around. Only those who leave comments in the daily mail, because they have nothing else to do. Even on ATS most Brit members, seem mild mannered. Maybe there's a torrent of rage hiding underneath?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I..... I dont know where to start with this drivel OP.

Let me say this contrary to what the right win in the country would have you believe if a Muslim stands in the middle of London and starts shouting "it is the duty of all Muslims to behead British solider and unbelievers" he will be charged for promoting acts of terrorism case in point: Anjem Choudary. Actually in the last year more people than ever have been arrested in the UK for terrorism offences, I think its around 300 individuals.

So you are talking bollocks.

I want him banned because of what he done the the people of Aberdeenshire and our beautiful country, him being a xenophobic prick comes second.
edit on 7-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They'll never ban him. Just like North Korea has to set off a Nuke to get any attention the uk has to do this stuff. You ever watch sky news? It's like pbs they don't got much else going on over there. Total little man syndrome.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Moegotti

Just like North Korea has to set off a Nuke to get any attention the uk has to do this stuff

Yes because being a Economic super-power with one of the worlds most advanced millilitres armed with a nuclear deterrent with a seat at the UN Security Council with a rich history and culture that Americans could only dream of having "has to do this stuff" to get attention.

Again, bollocks (something i seem to be saying quite a lot to Americans commenting on this topic)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: anxiouswens

Is this post for real or satire? I can't tell.

Agitators gotsta agitate! !

As everyone knows 500,000 signed the Petition to ban Trump (very small amount of people out of a population of 65 million).

A half a million British signatures is "very small" and doesn't matter. Couple hundred migrants at Calais and its a different story. LOL

One criminal muslim is enough to call all of them criminals and half a million signatures dont count at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
We do it cause it pisses off the yanks

It funny watching them get all indigent and upset because we shatter there arrogant belief there can travel anywhere and everywhere

That and Trumps got a target on his back from every nut job extremist. How much would the UK have to spend in police time and resources to protect his vile arse and keep the protests safe?

Unless the him or the US tax payer will cover the police cost....keep him out. He will cost our country money while giving nothing of benefit.

There are hundreds of thousands of other people (Russian billionaires) who need similar security. Trump could easily afford to pay for his own security teams.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

The majority are already too painfully aware that having millions of Muslims in the country isn't exactly a great idea and that any terrorist attacks are likely to be committed by one of these lot (ie the 2005 London bombings, not to mention the hundreds of terror plots currently being thwarted by our security services, and the god-knows-how-many who have joined IS).

So banning foreign Muslims from visiting the country isn't suddenly going to make everything in the garden lovely.

So I don't quite get DT's argument.

But banning him, of course, is completely unnecessary and a laughable overreaction.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's the immigrants and left wing extremists that signed the petition. The petition map clearly shows that the majority of signings came from London, which we know are a British minority in that part now.

The same idiots that side with this view are traitors and say they are they educated ones, i'd like to see proof of their so called education...

Even the moron Merkel has gone quiet since the great immigrant raping scandal.

Yet the stupid left wing extremists, continue the mantra, of 'let them all in'.

Do they physically need to see these things happen to believe them? maybe they condone this evil...the short sightedness of these morons would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Then people that see the problem and know we must eradicate it, get labelled far right extremists by the left wing extremists. And our leftist wing propaganda spewing media machines brain wash these idiots, even people here who claim to deny ignorance...

They are sleep walking into a dangerous world. The funny thing is that when the SHTF, they will still deny that they were wrong, it's called cognitive dissonance...but don't listen to me, because I'm not left wing so I must be uneducated...

edit on 8-1-2016 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Spot on, mate.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If you look at the 450,000 who signed the Petition asking for borders to be closed that should point you to some of them. The rest whisper amongst themselves too afraid yet to speak out loud because of the fear of being labelled a bigot or racist etc but they are there and sooner or later their voices will be heard. Funny how 450,000 who signed this Petition are ignored but then we are told 550,000 is the view of UK.

I really dont understand the mentality of the deniers in this Country. They are not left wing because I am. I believe everyone should be free to be themselvex and be equal regardless of sexual orientation, gender, colour, culture, wealth, as long as they dont encroach or cause pain to another persons freedoms. Hence why I dont understand this new breed of person who actively welcomes and protects an ideology which sees women and children as second class citizens, stones homosexuals, rapes and sexual harrasses infidels, and actively hates anyone who doesnt follow this ideology. How people can say they are liberal thinking and for equal rights and then deny such things as New Years Eve in Cologne is beyond me!a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
It's the immigrants and left wing extremists that signed the petition. The petition map clearly shows that the majority of signings came from London, which we know are a British minority in that part now.

The same idiots that side with this view are traitors and say they are they educated ones, i'd like to see proof of their so called education...

Even the moron Merkel has gone quiet since the great immigrant raping scandal.

Yet the stupid left wing extremists, continue the mantra, of 'let them all in'.

Do they physically need to see these things happen to believe them? maybe they condone this evil...the short sightedness of these morons would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Then people that see the problem and know we must eradicate it, get labelled far right extremists by the left wing extremists. And our leftist wing propaganda spewing media machines brain wash these idiots, even people here who claim to deny ignorance...

They are sleep walking into a dangerous world. The funny thing is that when the SHTF, they will still deny that they were wrong, it's called cognitive dissonance...but don't listen to me, because I'm not left wing so I must be uneducated...

Way to generalise..... Not everyone who signed it is a left wing, I did it purely to piss of the Arrogant and entitled American crowed plus I don’t think he Trump will add any think of value if he visited the UK just cause headaches with security concerns.
As for immigration? No I agree it should be more heavily regulated.

To call everyone that signed it left wing traitors? I would expect that of the partisan American derp derp crowd not a fellow brit.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
If you look at the 450,000 who signed the Petition asking for borders to be closed that should point you to some of them. The rest whisper amongst themselves too afraid yet to speak out loud because of the fear of being labelled a bigot or racist etc but they are there and sooner or later their voices will be heard. Funny how 450,000 who signed this Petition are ignored but then we are told 550,000 is the view of UK.

I really dont understand the mentality of the deniers in this Country. They are not left wing because I am. I believe everyone should be free to be themselvex and be equal regardless of sexual orientation, gender, colour, culture, wealth, as long as they dont encroach or cause pain to another persons freedoms. Hence why I dont understand this new breed of person who actively welcomes and protects an ideology which sees women and children as second class citizens, stones homosexuals, rapes and sexual harrasses infidels, and actively hates anyone who doesnt follow this ideology. How people can say they are liberal thinking and for equal rights and then deny such things as New Years Eve in Cologne is beyond me!a reply to: woodwardjnr

There is a huge diffrence between what Trump was calling for and what us Brits who want heavier restrictions on immigration call for.

Trump Idea is outright stupid and unworkable. How do you ban Muslims from entry when its not listed on ones passport? What are you going to do? Ask them to eat bacon at the airport?

Now restricting travel and immigration from certain nations like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan ect is workable.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Left wing..Right wing....blah blah blah...So last century politics ! Haven't you heard that there is no division in politics anymore ? They are all basically the same.
And as far as trying to divide the " voters " into two different sides...lets just call them " Haves " and " Have Nots " both equal in the sense that the big political machine will continue to churn out " causes and issues " for them to remain divided upon.

Until someone pushes the reset button, the system will always have you right where they want you.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: anxiouswens

There is a huge diffrence between what Trump was calling for and what us Brits who want heavier restrictions on immigration call for.

Trump Idea is outright stupid and unworkable. How do you ban Muslims from entry when its not listed on ones passport? What are you going to do? Ask them to eat bacon at the airport?

Now restricting travel and immigration from certain nations like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan ect is workable.

I was just wondering about the passport thing, maybe some have a religion on but mine does not?

So maybe he would just refuse entry to anyone that looked like a "Muslim"

I am going to get flamed for this but anyone remember that the Nazi's took profiles of Jews and would measure peoples heads, ears and noses to determine there race?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

In my opinion, the Brits lost all credibility with their banning when they banned the American radio talk show host Michael Savage (based on things he never even said).

You do realise that the USA bars entry to many UK citizens every year, some for reasons we view as trivial?

The thing is, it's your country, your rules, and you can deny entry to anyone you see fit....no complaint from me or the vast majority of Brits.

But here's the rub - this is OUR country and we also have the right to deny entry to anyone we feel like, just the same.

We respect your laws, you respect ours - pretty simple really.

Good luck England and Europe....

Its the UK - England is but one constituent part of it!

..... seems like you are going to need it.

If so I don't think we'll be the only one's - do you?

Now as for Trump - personally I don't understand why we would even consider denying him entry.
Many may disagree with his opinions but they aren't exactly hateful or hate driven.

And surely its better to allow him entry and to then debate his opinions and show him up for the fool and / or bigot many believe him to be.

Our politicians have far more important things to do than waste their time debating this - its simply pandering to politically correctness.

edit on 8/1/16 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Now as for Trump - personally I don't understand why we would even consider denying him entry.

His hair?

I mean in theory the UK reserves the rights to bar anyone for any reason

Hell we could ban him because his name is a word for fart

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The guy in question is a bigoted arsehole. We have enough of those already, we don't need to import any more. Thanks.

edit on 8-1-2016 by ComplexCassandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
a reply to: TrueBrit

I 100000% agree

"What he said" never sounded so good.

It's annoying me how much attention this is getting... 500,000 is NOT a representative of this nation.

Not quite as simple as that. it's not like every person in the UK must sign a petition at least once a year. The vast majority of people cannot be ars.d signing a petition even though they may sympathise with it. The trigger point for a petition to be discussed in parliament is 100,000 which is reached occasionally. So when compared to a typical petition the 500,000 is huge!

I'm pretty certain the vast majority signed it in irony as soon as Trump went on about banning people because they have the Koran in their back pocket which with a bit of Origami expertise can be turned into a semi automatic weapon.
edit on 8/1/2016 by yorkshirelad because: spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Freeborn... if you are looking for a fight from me... you won't get one. While I stand by my assertion that the UK choices in whom they ban are ridiculous, I won't argue that the United States has some ridiculously similar policies as well. Perhaps you've heard some of the ridiculous stories regarding our "No Fly List" (which oddly enough, includes a few dozen people that work for our Homeland Security Department).

I also whole-heartedly agree that it's your nation, your rules. Should I ever have the pleasure of visiting that side of the pond, I would certainly do my best to stay in line. At the same time, just as people of other nations have a right to comment on some of the insanity of the United States, those outside of the United Kingdom can have opinions about their policies as well.

In a general sense, I suspect if you and I were to have a contest to see who's politicians are the most insane, the most asinine, I'm pretty sure I'd defeat you handedly. Perhaps the voting public is to blame.... but we have a special kind of insanity running through our politicians here in the United States.

Be well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join