It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason why 500,000 want to ban TRUMP from the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
500,000 signing a position isnt reflective of the majority of 65 million. When you consider that 450,000 have signed a Petition asking for our borders to be closed following the Paris attack as a matter of national security. Strangely the latter Petition has been waiting 56 days for a date when it will be debated and has been completely ignored by all main media. The Ban Trump Petition however was promoted by BBC, Sky, Guardian and heavily backed by all charities. So one could argue that 450,000 signatures purely by word of mouth is far more indicative of British public opinion.

For the record I havent signed any of these Petitions and as far as Trump goes I just think it is nonsense to suggest banning all muslims but then I feel it would have been better getting him over here and challenging those ideas in practice to show how silly he sounds.

My gripe is when everywhere it keeps saying this is how the majority of Brits feel when it obviously isnt. Conservatives got in because they promised to deal with immigration and labour and liberals lost thousands of voters to UKIP. That shouldhave been a sign to the left wing with regard to how the majority feel but it obviously hasnt been as a lot of the left wing are still in denial. I was one of those left wingers but just couldnt vote labour this time because of this denial!a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Have you factored in how large a percentage of the population are too young to vote or unable to for other reasons?

What exactly is the point in comparing two different petitions?

It just sounds like you are not getting your own way and throwing your teddy out of the pram.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yes about that Petition the one that lost 30,000 signatures in front of peoples eyes and which lots of people had proof of with screenshots and was reported to MPs, the answer was fraud had been committed. Daily Express dug around and found there was a lot of fiddling going on on the Ban Trump and I found out off a friend you can also press F5 which also adds signatures. People are free to try it on any of the British Petitions and you will see the signatures increase! So really makes a mockery of the whole set up!a reply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You are actually going to blame the the USA for the amount of stupidity british people will cause when he comes to town?

says a lot about british people.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The Tories got in last time because most of the eligible voting public stayed at home, because the left was not offering a proper alternative to the centrist or right wing choices on the table.

Milliband? Reeeeaaally?

Huge numbers of eligible voters not turning out for a ballot, should be taken as a sign not that no one cares, but that none of the options are acceptable. That is not how it works, but I think given the choice, no choice was the only legitimate option for an awful lot of people. I considered giving it a miss as well, I must say.

With an actual alternative to the outrageous political ramblings which were in the offing at the time, the results would have been quite different.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I havent signed any of the Petitions so I have no vested interest in it. The point of comparing is that the Petition asking for borders to be closed more or less reflects what I think Trump was trying to say. That in the present climate knowing there are people who wish us arm it makes perfect sense to be vigilent till weknow what we are dealing with.

I believe in the second world war Germans and Japanese were interned because of national sdcurity. I am sure not every one of those people wished us harm. We certainly wouldnt have let them through our borders.

After France saying we are at war it seems sensible to not just carry on as normal with our borders. We have 150 each day caught coming here illegally it only needs a few of those to get through who arent caught and who wish us harm and we are in real trouble.a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I believe in the second world war Germans and Japanese were interned because of national sdcurity. I am sure not every one of those people wished us harm. We certainly wouldnt have let them through our borders.

It should be pointed out that the decision to do that is largely considered to have been a poor one in retrospect. Thus it isn't conducive to repeat it.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I havent signed any of the Petitions so I have no vested interest in it. The point of comparing is that the Petition asking for borders to be closed more or less reflects what I think Trump was trying to say. That in the present climate knowing there are people who wish us arm it makes perfect sense to be vigilent till weknow what we are dealing with.

After France saying we are at war it seems sensible to not just carry on as normal with our borders. We have 150 each day caught coming here illegally it only needs a few of those to get through who arent caught and who wish us harm and we are in real trouble.a reply to: nonspecific

I am a little confused, are you a UK or US citizen?
edit on 7/1/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: crazyewok

You are actually going to blame the the USA for the amount of stupidity british people will cause when he comes to town?

says a lot about british people.

Typical American. Happy to stir # up but wont pay for the mess.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I always assumed these UK petitions were meant to remind those of us across the pond why our ancestors sought a more free society.

Freedom of speech was a fairly radical idea in the 18th century, and still is not guaranteed even in the Western world.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How many threads are you going to start on exactly the same subject? Can you not contribute on the thread you created earlier?

Just curious in case you forgot about your previous one.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
I always assumed these UK petitions were meant to remind those of us across the pond why our ancestors sought a more free society.

Freedom of speech was a fairly radical idea in the 18th century, and still is not guaranteed even in the Western world.

And................ that would be why American government also responds to similar petitions if they reach a specific number as well, right? The one about if America had evidence of ET life stands out as an example.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted
I never said the US government always adheres to our founding principles. However set in stone they supposedly are, we continue to drift away from them.

As it is, Americans do enjoy more freedom of speech than most. As evidenced by Donald Trump's success.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The petition is BS, many left wing scumbags admitted to signing dozens of times.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: judoka
The petition is BS, many left wing scumbags admitted to signing dozens of times.

Leftwing scumbags eh?

I thought it only needed 100,000?

Looks like us loony lefties wasted our time then.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

This isnt about free speech. It about our border control.

Trump is NOT and UK citizen so he does not have right of entry.

As for free speech we can hear him loud and clear across the pond. No in the UK is censoring him.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: judoka

Leftwing scumbags eh?

I thought it only needed 100,000?

Looks like us loony lefties wasted our time then.

Im not even left wing

I signed for secrutity concerns and to piss trump trump supporters off

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted
I never said the US government always adheres to our founding principles. However set in stone they supposedly are, we continue to drift away from them.

As it is, Americans do enjoy more freedom of speech than most. As evidenced by Donald Trump's success.

Trump hasn't said anything in pubic that I'm aware of that would have him facing a criminal charge in the UK - he's not quite got to the point of explicitly inciting violence against a group based on either their nationality or their faith, has he? If he had, I'm fairly sure his campaign would be over very very quickly. Free speech gives people the right to say things, it also gives other people the right to tell them to stfu.

The petition I believe was around the belief that he's entitled to say what he likes as far as the UK is concerned, just say it in America thanks, we have our own bigots should we feel the need to listen to one.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
He won't get banned, the debate can't make it happen, it's a debate that's all.

As for 500,000 being a small number, it's the biggest petition number in that systems history by a big margin, on the contrary
the "Don't ban Trump from UK " had like 40,000.

edit on 7/1/2016 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 7-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join