It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin
Dude seriously, this is becoming an exercise in stupidity. I really thought my previous post was clear enough. But then i should not make myself so smart since i am sitting here arguing with you and not writing a book to satiate people like yourself. It does not seem to be too difficult either.

Don't "dude seriously" me Harvin. You're calling me stupid and you're the one asking what I mean when I say "use it". What the F*ck do you think I mean??? How many ways can you interpret the phrase "use it"???

Don't get pissed at me because you need me to define the word "use" for you. Playing semantic word games isn't going to win this argument for you so I'd advise trying a little harder and avoid the personal insults.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
But, Old or New Testament, the discussion of how much more violent one is over the other in the same context as the peace and love they portend as a reason for their existence, is the ultimate conundrum for me. You can believe in God, without any of it.

Isn't that ironic?

"Which all-knowing, all-seeing, all-loving, infallible God(s) and therefore religion is the least violent in its writing?"

And the pandering excuses are fun, "it's from a different time period!"

But it's still God's word, yes?
But God changed his mind!
How do you know this?
Because it says so in the X and/or Y!
How do you know it's true?
It's God's word!
How do you know it's God's word?
Because it says so in the X and/or Y!

And I know - I know, "I clearly have no idea of the Christain faith or its followers," but don't get mad at me when it's your God that preaches things such as hatred, genocide, pride - the dude summons a lion on some dude just because the dude calls him out - and oh yes, Satan?

If God is an infallible being, omniscience, omnipotence, etc etc, why would he even make Satan, knowing he would eventually turn on him?

So that God could prove a point and create a Hell to send all the non-believers?

Uh - no thanks, I'll teach my children something simpler, not Hell-ish, torturous, barbaric, and devilish. Something that doesn't have a mine field of hoops for logic and is broken down into many different denominations based on minor details of interpretation.

God very well may be real, I don't know - but it certainly isn't this God that man made. The God - if there exist such an entity/being/force - that made man, is so far outside of human comprehension - and is a blast to implore and speculate - that we simply, "don't know."

This thread, is proof of that. So many different opinions, interpretations, perceptions, all under one blanket of a singular-religion, yet they all claim to be the one and exclusive truth.

... and again, if God were infallible, omniscient, omnipotent, etc etc, why trust in a fallible creature to intrepret the words and writings of an infallible being - and how do we account for the MULTIPLE, HUNDREDS of different dieties/Gods that have existed throughout time?

Oh wait... "It's Gods plan!"
And who do you know this?
"Because it says so in...."

Religion is based on circular logic, appealing to the emotional and spiritual nature of individuals, and the dogma associated with too many religions in the forms of crusades, terrorism, extremism, truly should say something about the power that religion has over masse groups of people.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Christian = Pittsburgh Steelers
Islam = New Orleans Saints
Jewish = Denver Broncos
Buddhism = San Francisco 49ers

Scream louder at the opposition....
Scream louder in support of your team.....

Maybe we should revert back to days of gladiators and pit people pf faith against each other to the death, as sadly its squabbles like these that leave me little faith in humanity moving forward.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: 23432

Christianity is more violent then Koran because Bible has been altered by men kind.

Original Christianity is lost long ago and has been replaced by men's text .

If Christianty didn't loose it's ways , God would have no need to send Islam .

LOL, that is a good one.

Madman Mohammad was sent by God to start Islam. Hell dude, even he thought he was talking to demons and going insane. First impressions are usually right.

“Trembling, he went out of the cave onto the hillside, not knowing what had happened to him, and afraid he must be a sha’ir or possessed.” 3

How convenient that he could read during this vision. And how strange that he would come away thinking that he was DEMON POSSESSED. You will never find an example of a prophet of God receiving a message from God only to wonder if he was full of the devil. But Muhammad was so convinced of the fact that he was possessed by demons that he contemplated suicide!

maybe stick to topic ?

Bible is more violent than the Koran .

Yes it is , because Bible has been altered by men .

God is far more mercifull in reality as it attested by Koran . Men is wicked and it shows in the altered Bible .

OK, Let's agree to disagree.

You think the Bible was altered by Man. I think it is not since numerous bible codes, the Septuigent, and many others pretty much show it is the same.

I think the Koran is either a work of total fiction from a Madman who replicated versions of some stories from the bible and Talmud a few centuries later or is the inspired word of the demons in his damned head which would explain his lust for a religion of the flesh, by the flesh, and rewards his followers with sins of the flesh.

To compare the Koran's laws of earthy pleasures and sins of the flesh as holy to the bible is ridiculous in itself.

We all know who owns this world and rewards their followers with the sins of this world don't we?

The kingdom of Christ is not of this world. The Kingdom of Mohammad is, by any means necessary. Think about that.

The Kingdom of Christ does not exist.
It is not a real thing.

Quasars are real. Gravity is real. Tectonic plates are real. The Kingdom of Christ is not real.

You believe the Kingdom of Christ exists.
It does not mean it is real.

Dragontale A is no different than Dragontale B, your opinions and beliefs however; don't confuse the two.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If your brand is loosing market share, maybe you need to reinvent and improve your brand/flavor.

It will never happen; the rise of Islam belligerence can be directly attributed to USA hegemony

War is good for resource plundering, good for employment, good for Arms Industry, good for the Central bankers printing more money further enslaving the West

Religion and Ideology are tools used to justify such actions and keep fear of "the other" alive

the above leads to further restrictions of citizens in their own nations, quashing dissent against governments and monopoly industries. Anti terror legislation is more effective in controlling your own citizens than in stopping attacks.

The combined might of Five Eyes, French Intelligence, Nato, CIA/NSA heard no chatter prior to the Paris 13 November attacks? Are we that naive?

But it suits the role of the USA interfering in world affairs...

en.wikipedia.org...

The West versus the Rest[edit]
Huntington suggests that in the future the central axis of world politics tends to be the conflict between Western and non-Western civilizations, in Kishore Mahbubani's phrase, the conflict between "the West and the Rest." He offers three forms of general actions that non-Western civilization can take in response to Western countries.[11]

Non-Western countries can attempt to achieve isolation in order to preserve their own values and protect themselves from Western invasion. However, Huntington argues that the costs of this action are high and only a few states can pursue it.
According to the theory of "band-wagoning" non-Western countries can join and accept Western values.
Non-Western countries can make an effort to balance Western power through modernization. They can develop economic, military power and cooperate with other non-Western countries against the West while still preserving their own values and institutions. Huntington believes that the increasing power of non-Western civilizations in international society will make the West begin to develop a better understanding of the cultural fundamentals underlying other civilizations. Therefore, Western civilization will cease to be regarded as "universal" but different civilizations will learn to coexist and join to shape the future world.
Core state and fault line conflicts[edit]

www.globalresearch.ca...

Originally published in March 2007:

“We’re going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran” –

General Wesley Clark. Retired 4-star U.S. Army general, Supreme Allied Commander of NATO during the 1999 War on Yugoslavia .

en.wikipedia.org...

It described the United States as the "world's pre-eminent power," and said that the nation faced a challenge to "shape a new century favorable to American principles and interests." In order to achieve this goal, the statement's signers called for significant increases in defense spending, and for the promotion of "political and economic freedom abroad." It said the United States should strengthen ties with its democratic allies, "challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values,"

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just an observation that may be off topic:

I've attended many churches and services over the years and while I've heard many preachers and priests opine about the evils of homosexuality through the book of Leviticus, no one seems too concerned about snacking on shrimp at church functions....also an abomination according to Leviticus.

It seems we like to pick and choose what passages to quote when trying to make a political point (yes, it's a political point) against a religion other than our own, but fail to be consistent in recognizing the fallacies in our own religious texts.

Hypocrisy?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Dude seriously, this is becoming an exercise in stupidity. I really thought my previous post was clear enough. But then i should not make myself so smart since i am sitting here arguing with you and not writing a book to satiate people like yourself. It does not seem to be too difficult either.

Don't "dude seriously" me Harvin. You're calling me stupid and you're the one asking what I mean when I say "use it". What the F*ck do you think I mean??? How many ways can you interpret the phrase "use it"???

Don't get pissed at me because you need me to define the word "use" for you. Playing semantic word games isn't going to win this argument for you so I'd advise trying a little harder and avoid the personal insults.

That is because you get too excited and dont think things through, if you did we would not be having this discussion. I never called you stupid and what makes you think I am "pissed" at you? I think you are getting frustrated because you cannot say what you really want to...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

This

You need to come to grips with that rather than keep apologizing for it and pretending it does not exist

I have no hesitation in predicting that they will soon make a play and perhaps succeed in enacting similar Laws in the West where critique will be shut down due to enactment of laws similar to Anti-Semitism legislations.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

teachings of the New Testament, not the Old.

It's not convenient for their argument
You forget that Peter was armed in Gethsemene and that it took a "cohort" of Romans trying to quell the rebellion...its in the New Testament if you care to look

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

That is because you get too excited and dont think things through, if you did we would not be having this discussion. I never called you stupid and what makes you think I am "pissed" at you? I think you are getting frustrated because you cannot say what you really want to...

Ok fine. Then what's the problem???

What are you asking me then?? What is it I've said that you disagree with??

Maybe start over and tell me what your position is and what you think mine is.

But don't tell me that having this conversation is an exercise in stupidity because that doesn't tell me anything. I've already said what I mean. You don't seem to understand what I'm saying though which is why you keep asking me to explain it. But I don't think I can explain what "use it" means any better than I already have. So maybe you should clear up what it is you need me to explain.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Just an observation that may be off topic:

I've attended many churches and services over the years and while I've heard many preachers and priests opine about the evils of homosexuality through the book of Leviticus, no one seems too concerned about snacking on shrimp at church functions....also an abomination according to Leviticus.

It seems we like to pick and choose what passages to quote when trying to make a political point (yes, it's a political point) against a religion other than our own, but fail to be consistent in recognizing the fallacies in our own religious texts.

Hypocrisy?

20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.

21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money

Exodus 21:20-20

I could cite more, but it is always the same - "you're cherry-picking scriptures, that's a different time period, you're taking it out of context," but I mean, hey - I didn't write this, nor do I agree with it. I never claimed that this is the "Word of God," "The truth, the light," I just don't understand how this only applies to certain sections of this Holy Book - and the logic applied in defending the two.

I have a close friend who studies ministry, and even he gets baffled whenever we truly delve into the logic applied here, it is a generally conceived notion that it is a "faith-based logic," but that's not logic - that is like calling Astrology a hard science, it's pseudo-science.

We do not have "faith-based X-Ray telescopes," whenever we study "faith based deep space," because they are supported by empirical and tangible evidences, not faith.

I'm not preaching science, but the "religion of science," makes the religion of barbarism seem quite appealing.

The story of the Ark, is literally the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life. How someone can believe this is fact, then later on teach susceptible children that it is fact, is a shame.

Our world needs inventors, engineers, mathematicians, people who build and fix things, not preachers, and self-righteous lunatics.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Jesus is loved by both Christians and Muslums, he would not turn his back on either

Loving Jesus does not preclude you from killing in his name, the mind rationalizes it as love

Shame on you, for being selective.

Jesus turned his back on his own Mother.
The Xtians hold him as part of the trinity, the Muslims as a mere Prophet, son of god. All destinations lead to the same Demiurge who controls this planet - Jahweh - the god of War

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: NthOther

teachings of the New Testament, not the Old.

It's not convenient for their argument
You forget that Peter was armed in Gethsemene and that it took a "cohort" of Romans trying to quell the rebellion...its in the New Testament if you care to look

What does have to do with the Old Testament?

Wouldn't your God have gotten it right the first time, considering he is an all-knowing and all-seeing entity, no?

And let's say it was "man's fault," well - God would've known that too!

Matter of fact, he would've known everything. When compiled, the entire story and existence of Jesus/God, is truly remarkable.

It's like when a man saves a baby that is drowning. Except for in this case, the man willingly threw the baby in the water - knowing it would begin drowning, and knowing he would save it.

What a hero.

Anyways, maybe God knew Man would foil his words, so he'd come back to teach them their lesson! "God's Plan," and all - but how does one know this?

The circular logic applied to religion is just that, and the minor historical details have little to no relevance when looking at the serious flaws in these ideologies.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Healing, REALLY?

the-militant-atheist.org...

Islam encompasses all aspects of society including:

belief and ritual worship
economic transactions
contracts
morals and manners
crime and punishment
There is no separation of church and state.

Democratic/representative forms of government are abominations.

Criticism of Allah, Muhammad and their system is punished by death.

Islamic law is being practiced in Britain and demands for it are being made in Europe.

Shari'ah permits:

wife beating
honor killing
blood money
an eye for an eye, literally.
Shari'ah mandates:

corporal punishment
hand amputation for theft
lashing for drinking and gambling
death for:
queers
apostates
adulterers
critics of:
Allah
Muhammad
Qur'an
Islam

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Willtell

Healing, REALLY?

the-militant-atheist.org...

Islam encompasses all aspects of society including:

belief and ritual worship
economic transactions
contracts
morals and manners
crime and punishment
There is no separation of church and state.

Democratic/representative forms of government are abominations.

Criticism of Allah, Muhammad and their system is punished by death.

Islamic law is being practiced in Britain and demands for it are being made in Europe.

Shari'ah permits:

wife beating
honor killing
blood money
an eye for an eye, literally.
Shari'ah mandates:

corporal punishment
hand amputation for theft
lashing for drinking and gambling
death for:
queers
apostates
adulterers
critics of:
Allah
Muhammad
Qur'an
Islam

That kind of sounds like Saudi Arabia!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

And I thought ISIS killed for payment in USD. Now I understand they kill children for love, thanks for that mighty thunderclap of enlightenment. I definitely should be watching the news on television and engulfing all its truth.

ISIS members receive additional incentives to fight for the group. “I rented a house, which was paid for by ISIS,” Abu Khaled, who worked for ISIS’s internal security forces and “provided training for foreign operatives,” told Weiss. “It cost $US50 per month. They paid for the house, the electricity. Plus, I was married, so I got an additional $US50 per month for my wife. If you have kids, you get $US35 for each. If you have parents, they pay $US50 for each parent. This is a welfare state.”
link

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

What does have to do with the Old Testament?

Its in response to NthOther's post. If you cant follow context thats not my problem. Dont use me as a springboard to launch your sermon.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
D/P
edit on 1-1-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: D/P

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Every time america goes out and bombs another country, there president at the end of is speech says god bless america.

The body count is not even close to what the doosh bags in the name of islam have been doing, but yea christians are really great people.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Christianity is more violent then Koran because Bible has been altered by men kind.

Original Christianity is lost long ago and has been replaced by men's text .

If Christianty didn't loose it's ways , God would have no need to send Islam .

LOL, that is a good one.

Madman Mohammad was sent by God to start Islam. Hell dude, even he thought he was talking to demons and going insane. First impressions are usually right.

“Trembling, he went out of the cave onto the hillside, not knowing what had happened to him, and afraid he must be a sha’ir or possessed.” 3

How convenient that he could read during this vision. And how strange that he would come away thinking that he was DEMON POSSESSED. You will never find an example of a prophet of God receiving a message from God only to wonder if he was full of the devil. But Muhammad was so convinced of the fact that he was possessed by demons that he contemplated suicide!

maybe stick to topic ?

Bible is more violent than the Koran .

Yes it is , because Bible has been altered by men .

God is far more mercifull in reality as it attested by Koran . Men is wicked and it shows in the altered Bible .

The Bible has been perceived to be more violent because it hold Historical Narratives or Deaths and Wars. Not just wars of Israel but also of all the other nations Babylon, Greece, Egypt, Assyria, Chaldea, Medes, Persians and future wars by the armies of the world. There is no record of any Christian wars but there are two recorded stoning's in the NT and the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

So the Bible isn't a book that promotes violence as much as it is one that has recorded a violent events. Like Cain murdering Able, the murder by Lamech, and the flood.

edit on 1-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join