It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Why do they also quote passages from the old testament when telling everyone how bad gay marriage is.
Cherry picking and choosing what is and isn't part of their religion to fit their own views..

Why is gays and abortions the only things people can bring into a topic about Christianity. Hmm maybe because that is about all they got. Some Christians do not agree with Gays and abortions..shocker. Most don't care...

...well, only if you think 'gays and abortionists' created the circumstances to include themselves in religious debates about the relative merits or otherwise, of these...to suggest they did, or do...is being intellectually dishonest...

Å99

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: infolurker

If that was to happen it would have happened before the 1960s when Christianity was at it's peak. And it didn't happen.

It's happening now.
It really is.

I've posted many times on this crowd which you think is fictitious.......
they have been flying under the radar (without you knowing it) amongst themselves for decades. They don't play honest and open. They've only been exposed in the last few years....and now people are knowing about it.

We are seeing it happening before our very eyes.
You could see it, too, if you'd only pay attention.

Cmon, really.

This conspiracy of the Christian Boogeymen people must really suck because they have lost every battle. What the hell have they won? The Progressive roller coaster to hell picks up speed every year.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Just like most Muslims don't care what others do....
As Buzzy says we have to fight against the ones who care enough to hurt others to put their views across not the 99.9% of Christians who are alright and the 99.9% of Muslims who are alright.

Hmm, have you spent much time in the Middle East? I have spent a few years worth of time and I disagree with your point. Most Muslims in the West do not care and so ya 99.9%, but Muslims in the Middle East are rather different and they are a long long LONG way from 99.9%...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you not think if every Christian voted for Cruz he would win by the biggest landslide in history?

Now you are getting back into the eternal "they aren't 'real' Christians" thing, which is begging the question. If 'every' nominal or devout Christian who was eligible went to vote and had to mark Cruz, of course they would win.

If every Christian who agrees with him on those issues (and extreme religious beliefs in general) votes, then - no. He would be crushed.

The first part of your post was unintelligible to me.
Try again? I'll be happy to answer it once I understand it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I see. Well, I don't see much of a difference in those statements. It's either used in Christian Teachings or it isn't. So which is it???

I refuse to believe that you are not intelligent enough to know the difference between "used in" and "based in" (or on).

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

My apologies, I thought you were a Christian defending Christianity. Personally I don't see these wars having anything to do with religion. They are wars of economic plunder between the old rule (failing western banking elite) and a new rule emerging (Asian BRICS). Of cause the western banking elite cannot plunder without an excuse so the propaganda is in overdrive blaming religion.

If Russia does stop the plundering, it will result in the collapse of western banking elite which will be signalled by the collapse of the USD which will end the supremacy of the US as a world power and probably result in break up similar to the collapse of the soviet union. So the stakes are high. Russia gambit is this, I am prepared to fight WW3, are you? West is still thinking about it.

May harmony find you, truly

Thank you. Its been elusive so far.
My apologies again.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What the hell have they won?

Really?

*aherm*
At the state and lower levels: Governorships, State Legislature posts, Attorneys General for states, local judges and school board officials and mayorships and LEO commanders.....

at the Federal Level, Senate Seats, Cabinet positions, Supreme Court Justices, Speakers of Congress, Representatives, Vice Presidential Nominations.....and there are now a handful of them RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT......

getting into the presidential race is quite a "win", don't you think?
Come live in my state of Tea Party bliss. Austerity AND lower taxes!!! (Spoiler alert: It doesn't work.....idea tossed, now being rethought and recognized as a FAIL)
edit on 1/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
...well, only if you think 'gays and abortionists' created the circumstances to include themselves in religious debates about the relative merits or otherwise, of these...to suggest they did, or do...is being intellectually dishonest...

Å99

You missed my point, I agree that there is a religious debates about gays and abortionist, but that seems to be it, nothing else comes up as a point in any of these Christian topics, but once again the majority of Christians do not care what others do even personally seeing those two things as wrong. Lol the first post against Christians in this topic to suggest they are violent too was to say they are against Gay marriages..lol that's it..wow.

Christians do not hate gays, but I will give you one guess to pick the religion that will kill all they can find...lol

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well Jesus is just alright!

edit on 1-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Really?

*aherm*
At the state and lower levels: Governorships, State Legislature posts, Attorneys General for states, local judges and school board officials and mayorships and LEO commanders.....

at the Federal Level, Senate Seats, Cabinet positions, Supreme Court Justices, Speakers of Congress, Representatives, and there are now a handful of them RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT......

Come live in my state of Tea Party bliss. Austerity AND lower taxes!!! (Spoiler alert: It doesn't work.....idea tossed, now being rethought and recognized as a FAIL)

And... I see a bunch of Republicans, probably most progressive establishment types. What have the Christians won?

What issue, ??

They can't even keep men out of women's showers, so please tell me what are these evil Christians doing that has any chance of success?

Seriously? The only thing I have seen done is failed attempts to block the Progressive agenda of economic destruction.
edit on 1-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Really?

*aherm*

at the Federal Level, Senate Seats, Cabinet positions, Supreme Court Justices, Speakers of Congress, Representatives, and there are now a handful of them RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT......

Well when the country is about 70% Christian that happens, but it doesn't mean they rule by their religion. When it comes to religion running a person's life Christians are like lite beer and Muslims and Jews are like Scotch. Hell a Christian that goes to Church twice a month is pushing the envelope of involvement, where a Muslim lives theirs 24/7 every waking monument of the day.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ridiculous.
Every statement you just made.

Utterly ridiculous.

You, too. Ridiculous.

Both of you are being obtuse, and I don't feel like a parlay right now.

edit on 1/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Christianity is more violent then Koran because Bible has been altered by men kind.

Original Christianity is lost long ago and has been replaced by men's text .

If Christianty didn't loose it's ways , God would have no need to send Islam .

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

without reprinting your good post......one has to read this stuff to get it....the two books are nowhere near in the same league

edit on 1-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I refuse to believe that you are not intelligent enough to know the difference between "used in" and "based in" (or on).

Maybe you should just answer my question then. Because I don't see how it makes much different whether the OT is "used" in teaching Christianity or is "based" on teaching Christianity. It doesn't have to be the Foundation of the Religion for it be significant. If it's still "used" then it still counts.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous.

Really, I can tell you the Christians are weak sauce compared to Muslims in devotion to their religion..lol So what is ridiculous about it? You put a lot of effort in a post to say nothing...

edit on 1-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
on second thought let's not even go there.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The first part of your post was unintelligible to me.
Try again? I'll be happy to answer it once I understand it.

I'm wasting my time then, enjoy...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Ridiculous.

Utterly ridiculous.

Really, I can tell you the Christians are weak sauce compared to Muslims in devotion to their religion..lol So what is ridiculous about it? You put a lot of effort in a post to say nothing...

Because she has no answer. The Christians have been lost every battle since the 60's. They get weaker every decade and as you said, they have no fight. You don't see 5 million Christian marches anywhere over abortion. They might get one step forward and 3 steps back occasionally in some court battle but seriously, what so called battle have Christians won other than defending something they have / had already that someone is trying to mess with?
edit on 1-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432
At the risk of repeating myself here is why the Bible is more violent than the Quran

The Bible has more historical narratives than the Quran and that alone accounts for perceive violence. As it narrates the first murder of the first person, the flood, the battles Abraham and Israel had in the land God promised them. It narrates the battles that Babylon, Assyria, Philistines and Egypt had in conquering Israel. It even narrates the death of Jesus Christ, the first death of Christians, the stoning of Stephan and Paul, and it narrates the future battles in Israel yet to come.

But that still doesn't make Islam less violent considering its history since 600AD.

so contrary to popular belief it is not that Christianity is violent it is just the book has a lot of historical narrative of wars and death in it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join