It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

that is what the Mormons say concerning there religion and they are newer than the Islam so why don't we all just become Mormons.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am not arguing with you and really dont care to. I did say that Christians do not ignore the existence of the old testament so i really dont understand the point you are trying to make.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

As the OT has recorded historical Narratives of murders, deaths and Wars so does the NT the death of Christ, the stoning of Stephan and Paul, the recordings of violence against Paul, and the future wars as prophesied in the Book of Revelation.

There is no promoting to or for violence.

So while it historical recorded the violence it and of itself is not a violent book, nor does it promote violence.

edit on 1-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Every time america goes out and bombs another country, there president at the end of is speech says god bless america.

The body count is not even close to what the doosh bags in the name of islam have been doing, but yea christians are really great people.

Yah, but according to a lot of Conservative Christians the president of the US is Muslim. Some even think he's a secret member of ISIS. So maybe when he says "god bless america" he's really talking about the Muslim God.

Or something along those lines....it's hard to say anymore as the propaganda is being pushed pretty hard in the US right now to really know what anyone is thinking anymore.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Suicide vests are used by desperate people who feel they don't have any alternatives

They are used usually on soft targets; they see through that Saudi Arabia and USA are in bed together. These vest wearing foot soldiers used by uneducated radicalized arabs are not much different than the US enlisted robots who control Drones and killing at a distance; the difference being that the US soldiers think they're doing it for democracy, to protect their way of life and get paid for it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You forget that Peter was armed in Gethsemene and that it took a "cohort" of Romans trying to quell the rebellion...its in the New Testament if you care to look

I did not say that violence was absent from the New Testament. The events described therein, particularly the Gospels, are quite violent. You cannot have a religion about a crucified deity incarnate without a significant level of violence taking place.

My beef is with people using the OT to beat Christians over the head with, when their religion is not about the OT.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

I am not arguing with you and really dont care to. I did say that Christians do not ignore the existence of the old testament so i really dont understand the point you are trying to make.

Ok, then I guess there isn't anything else to say then. Glad we got that cleared up. To be honest I'm having a hard time remembering what started us down this road as well and I don't care to trace it back to find out either.

But if we're good then I guess we're good. That's good. Ok then.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I believe the Abrahamic Religions Jewish Christian and Muslim is Satan----but thats not the whole story---its a serpent reptilian mantis nordic race of beings. Multidimensional 3-12 Dimensional-
ELohim is anything above 3rd dimension of reality so it applies to all the entities you call gods aliens demons djinns velum ghosts poltergeist etc.

Fukem all

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

seeing God gave men and women over to it

he allowed them, "gave men and women over to it", hmmm...then why the edicts against in the OT? Not very Omniscient this OT Jehovah/Baal character

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: schuyler

Sometimes I wonder if those who attack Christianity on the grounds that the Bible is violent realize that the religion is based on the teachings of the New Testament, not the Old.

It's not convenient for their argument.

Well said

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

that law was for Israel to keep their society undefiled because they were the called people of God to serve him as a nation of priests.

Romans 1:18-27 tells us he gave them over to it.

edit on 1-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Everyone is ignoring the fact that the Bible is a historical book that recorded murders, wars, destructions, Crucifixions, stonings. mob attacks, and future wars yet to come.

Just because it contains violent events doesn't make it a violent book or a book of violence.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Xtrozero

yep all religious based?

All Dominionist policies.

sigh.

The Seven Mountains. Look them up.
I'm done trying to enlighten you. A simple ATS search will provide you with plenty to chew on.

Why live in Kansas, It blow anyways, literally. The nice thing about a Republic is you have 50 different states where the people can live differently in each of them, what a great ides, so I would look for a state that matches your views and choices. There are quite a few states I will not live in.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Don't get pissed at me because you need me to define the word "use" for you. Playing semantic word games isn't going to win this argument for you so I'd advise trying a little harder and avoid the personal insults.

Reminds me of..

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Really that's the best you can do...pop culture a man who supposedly died for everyones sins?

You do know where the name "doobie" came from dont you? Here's a suggestion lets try "dmt the God Drug", and breakthrough through to the other side...(credit to The Doors); maybe we'll find that the OT god was a liar.

Try anything/any process as long as it sells the message to create more sheep through popularity

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Romans 1:18-27 tells us he gave them over to it.

Like I said, very convenient, not so omniscient

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Reminds me of..

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

That's funny because that's what I thought of too.

Which should of had the response of, "Well sir let me use it in an example for you. You IS in serious trouble!"

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

If Christianty didn't loose it's ways , God would have no need to send Islam .

And if Islam hadn't lost its way...one could say...Atheism wouldn't exist today - but it does and so do other religions - deal with it

oh thats right I forgot Islam was stopped at the Gates of Vienna (must be Gods on Christianitys side)...study some history, not just religion

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Old Testament is Judaic religion, for Christians it is the framework in which Christ appeared. However, circumstances of the past are framed to be specific for those events and scholars of the present do not require any of those old school society norms or primitive behaviors to continue. Islam is missing that framework, and the actions are pertinent and instructed in all time frames, and changing them is considered a sinful or treason to their faith.

I prefer to hear from real Muslims:

Why not hear about Islam from a woman who grew up as Muslim in the ME?

Not interested in being politically correct.

Ex Muslim in Sweden Koran Revealed a Religion I Did Not Like

Odd in her country you were just designated muslim but the people just lived their lives. Then in Sweden where she was inspired by the equality of women and the modern civilization, she found the opposite, it was in the west where she encountered the box she was expected to be in, and the radical muslims.

Our western elite are behind this destabilization and boxing people into ancient primitive nazi'ism.

So I agree there are many Muslims who are not what we're being shown, but there is also so many who embrace this, being shown the model of Muhammad.

Christ and Muhammad are not the same models.

And Christians are New Testament folk.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

If it's still "used" then it still counts.

Well they take aspects of it to indoctrinate, as long as they dont get caught out they can believe they are loosely basing it on...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join