It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Wanted: Writers, Journalists, Illustrators, Videographers, and other content creators...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'd love to see Slayer involved. I'm rather fond of the old weirdo, and he does some really awesome threads.

I meet none of the criteria, but I would be interested in giving back and have ample spare time at the moment. I'd also be game to do something relating to the PNW, would love to collaborate with someone too, maybe just proof read stuff, maybe with someone in the area, though I'm probably only good for basic editing (if that).

Can you expand on the basic idea a bit? I'll admit to being a bit of an ass in the past about certain projects, but you all have been doing a great job and I've mellowed in my old age. I'm trying to visualize the kind of platform you're seeing. Is it going to be sort of compartmentalized? Almost like another board? Is it going to be integrated like NLBS?

Are you thinking something similar to CNN ireports (I think they're called)? How would it be structured? Would people contribute a story, then have it vetted, and if it meats certain criteria go on to be an episode or something? How alternative do you want things to be?

At any rate, good luck! It sounds like something that could be very freaking awesome. I'm very impressed with what ATS has become, I can see member driven content and news stories doing VERY well and if done right I can see it being kind of a game changer in media. I think everyone is getting sick of big media at this point.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Can you expand on the basic idea a bit?

Right now the basic idea is very simple: Organize the disenfranchised consumers of news into a collaborative journalism alternative.

This includes written hit-pieces, investigative journalism, opinion pieces, video journalism, video interviews, photo essays, editorial cartoons, and more. There are a few well-connected "hot shots" that are seriously considering helping out -- more for their connections in independent media, than actual participation -- that could give us a tremendous kick-start.

The vision is to expose the rampant disinformation in mainstream media and politics, through thought-provoking material, created by talented content creators in collaboration with a giant community of people who are ready to help make a difference. Collaborative journalism; the next step beyond citizen journalism.

Is it going to be integrated like NLBS?

Ideally, yes. However, the most important part of the entire concept is the storming of brains by the original team. If they see it differently, and it makes sense, then we'll do what makes sense.

Are you thinking something similar to CNN ireports (I think they're called)? How would it be structured? Would people contribute a story, then have it vetted, and if it meats certain criteria go on to be an episode or something? How alternative do you want things to be?

Big questions for this early stage. But I "see" a rather robust platform that has significant organizational and collaborative tools in the back-end to help content creators and research teams organize reference material, as well as communicate with other teams so that we have an organic and cooperative editorial calendar. But I also see most, if not all, of the interaction and story ideas happening here on ATS.

if done right I can see it being kind of a game changer in media.

That's the goal, disrupt the establishment media.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

If accepted to contribute news items do we get and ATS Press Pass to get us access to places that other journo's do?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

question for ya SO. I hate filling out forms and resumes,for just opinion peices. How about make a web form for people who want to write a OP peice without having to sign on a NDA and credit it to their Usernames account instead? For use at a future time in ATS merchandise or collection after a time?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Are you going to provide a clear mission statement that you can be held accountable for? How about a statement concerning your goals for ethical journalism.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think the timing is perfect, considering the 2016 presidential elections in the US.

I will throw my name in the hat for Naked Economics pieces... taking the dismal out of the dismal science :-)

Thank you for the invite!!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There are those out there that already read ATS for its newsworthy-ness along with Drudge etc. Next level a (Density4Brotherblue.org) type?
In the late 90's was involved with a concept called "State Fair" an online magazine similar to a "Spy" or "Mad Magazine" (humorous takes on political/social events with not so humorous truths about this world we live interspersed). Had also lined up a major syndicated cartoonist to contribute. The funding fell out. This is a great idea if can be pulled off (finally).

edit on 29-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Link

Link

I'll illustrate almost anything with or without stars or flags. I'm also not a faker, I do this by hand cause its more satisfying then having as many chances to undo and fix as the ram on my computer can do. I guess maybe i should blow off the cintiq and play digital when I get back home.
edit on 29-11-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Link

Link

I'll illustrate almost anything with or without stars or flags. I'm also not a faker, I do this by hand cause its more satisfying then having as many chances to undo and fix as the ram on my computer can do. I guess maybe i should blow off the cintiq and play digital when I get back home.
Crikey!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I'd love to see Slayer involved. I'm rather fond of the old weirdo, and he does some really awesome threads.

Who you calling old?

"Vintage"

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You will always be "vintage" to me, SLAYER. And I will always see you as at least as awesome as your avatars...

I really hope you are involved in this project! Your threads never fail to enlighten on some level, and its obvious you write and research well.

(No. I'm not a fan-girl. I'm just stating the obvious...)

- AB

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think ATS should put something out like a blog called:

ATS SPEAKS, ATS WORLD JOURNAL, ATS-ALT EXPOSE something like that

I would have every three months or a given period major issues forefront where the MSM are deliberately distorting, such as Turkey and the US relationship with ISIS, Donald Trump’s lies, Hillary’s lies, Obama’s lies.

Those issues can change over time and the blog can track the success of these issues being exposed to the Mainstream

The challenge will be to be as impartial politically only in terms of who is exposed on a given issue.

I consider with pride that as a liberal progressive I have criticized Obama and Hillary as much as I have critiqued conservatives and have praised them when they deserve it.

So it’s a challenge to be able to not get too much in a political bag, but that's alright.

Also, there is a big hole now in Alt news/info web and issues, since Red Ice has turned into a racist rag.

I think ATS can fill the alternative void in this field since I’m sure they have lost many viewers

The good thing is that ATS has a built in reporter class that can be a vehicle for instant news gathering around the globe

The problem with this idea is that it may have to make choices on issues that may cause dissension

I think the best site to emulate somewhat right now would be the Intercept, not necessarily in terms of politics but format.

You need a handle or emphasis and I think your emphasis on exposing the MSM BS is outstanding

Good Luck

edit on 30-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm a music journalist, specifically Metal music.... if you decide to explore Metal bands that have sci-fi, anti-NWO, political messages, etc. in their music, let me know. There are plenty of bands that explore these topics.

Edited to add: I also do video/audio interviews with bands.

Edited further to add: I'll send my resume and cover letter for illustrator. Besides writing about Metal music, my main interest that I keep quite busy with is paintings of all sorts including sci-fi and fantasy.

edit on 30-11-2015 by kyred because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2015 by kyred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
That's the goal, disrupt the establishment media.

Sounds fun...a raise in game though...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I got one better. Go halfsies with national enquirer!!!! lol!!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I have a huge resume that includes a writing career that could fill a resume. Should I just write a resume that is from when I started writing until now or a full resume? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. I also have a bunch of articles I can submit from multiple websites.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lcbjr1979

Just recent stuff is fine.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Thank you. I will get it to you soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been asked, but when you say "writers", what sort of content would they produce? As well as can this project be joined at any time in the future and will there be an expected, or needed, amount of content created?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Hi Tia. I'm not sure if there are any other areas where Writers have been discussed, yet, as I haven't looked all through this Thread, but here's a couple things that may help You.

I asked a Question about Writing HERE
And SkepticOverlord Answered it HERE

I Hope this helps somewhat untill Skeptic answers You here...

Later, Syx...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join