It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christianity — Pastor Who Hosted GOP: Paris Victims 'Devil-Worshippers'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How many "radical Christians" are blowing themselves up inside apartment complexes, executing over a hundred people, or swan diving Boeings into skyscrapers? Perspective, you lack it severely, friend.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

but the Christian, blah blah, oh yeah, but the Muslims yada yada, it is the same old argument,

if a christian , or a Muslim, or, blm, or kkk is doing something wrong, they are all guilty and we should stop making excuses for their behavior.

Try and find some common ground and a solution.

You couldn't be more disingenuous if you tried. Look at your own posting history. Are you serious? Out of the last 100 posts, 75% of them roughly are about the evils of radical Islam and another 10% or so are about BLM related protesters.

Yet NOW you're going to admonish people for discussing radical Christianity? Wow.

a reply to: stosh64

No, I am not saying they are invented. It is all how it is spun.

There is no difference between the right fear mongering ISIS and the left fear mongering radical Christians.

Society is plainly being manipulated into 2 opposing sides. And most are embracing the fear, hate and blame.

There's a huge difference. How many seats in Congress do radical Muslims hold? How many Muslim extremists are campaigning for the presidency of the United States and climbing in the polls? How many radical Muslim clerics are part of the partisan political vetting process of American politicians and how many of their conferences are our politicians speaking at? Oh wait, none. ISIS doesn't have conferences in Iowa and if they did, you can bet that you, me and and everyone else would be collectively denouncing without reservation, any politician who spoke at it.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Humanity would do well to find common ground to address the problems we have and have always had.

Personal preferences and beliefs are real effective means of muddying the water enough to make sure common ground will never be found....

Reality is what remains after we stop believing in everything else.

Let's start there, with reality, sans everything we can't prove to be true.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

how do you feel about rounding up lgbt folks up and jailing them all?

how do you think lgbt folks feel when 3 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES show up to a rally were this is being said?

how is this okay with you?

edit on 25-11-2015 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: LSU0408

Kevin Swanson: God Supports My Call to Kill Gays

Contains an audio tape....

Just in case you were in any doubt of how righteous anti-gay pastor Kevin Swanson is, last week he said that the Christian deity itself has voiced support for his recent “Kill the Gays” GOP presidential forum.

Speaking at his National Religious Liberties Conference earlier this month – an event attended by Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal – Swanson said he “is not ashamed of the gospel” which calls for the death of gay people.

Dude is a nutcase. He speaks for himself and maybe a hundred more people. With this being in the open now, do you think Cruz, Huckabee, and Jindal still support him? Do you think they feel the same as him? I mean, I'm willing to bet a billion dollars that none of those three would EVER advocate the murder of people that are gay. Would you be confident enough to take that bet?

I seriously doubt you have a billion dollars. In gambling terminology that's called BS, adolescent swagger. You have no credibility left kid. You just added another reason why I don't trust Christian Conservatives; just to prone to hyperbole BS. Like Pastor Swanson.

www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 25-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

ISIS and Radical Christians are not what scares me, the hate being bred towards these groups by the populace is what is very disturbing.

Yes it is. I have big problems with the Abrahamic religions, but the last thing we need is a witch hunt of hatred and violence toward Christians and Muslims. It could be our undoing, and a destabilizing factor globally. We should be worried about both, but neither is what we need at this point in time. Or ever, for that matter.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
This!

Please show us some of the 100's of examples of these American Christians stoning someone for adultery, killing someone for not observing the Sabbath, killing someone for insulting Jesus, or butchering someone for "leaving the faith".

The argument of "Christians are just as bad as radical Islam" is really, really dumb.

They don't do it because there are laws against it, laws that I should point out these same people want to change.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Point out generalizations towards Islamic people: BIGOTRY, RACISM, THREAD DELETED

Point out generalizations towards Christian people: QQ, CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE, GET OVER IT OMG

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

How many "radical Christians" are blowing themselves up inside apartment complexes, executing over a hundred people, or swan diving Boeings into skyscrapers? Perspective, you lack it severely, friend.

How many radical Muslims are US Senators? How many are vying for the GOP nomination for President? How many are lobbying Congress and their own state's legislatures? How many ISIS conferences were there in Iowa this year?

None, none, none and none?

As I already stated, terrorism is a tactic radical Christians don't need to employ (thought they sometimes do) but that doesn't make them any less dangerous. I'm not calling for drone strikes on Kevin Swanson. I'm saying that we should denounce extremist ideology universally and specifically, that some of our politicians are Christian radicals/extremists.

Strangely (or not, political correctness runs deep!), it seems that conservatives simply cannot or will not denounce radical Christianity — you even put it in quotes as though the mere existence of radical Christianity is dubious.

edit on 2015-11-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
how do you think lgbt folks feel when 3 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES show up to a rally were this is being said?

Probably similar to the way a lot of Americans felt when the country elected a president whose pastor was/is an unapologetic racist, ranting against "white people" in most all of his sermons.

That said, there's a significant difference between saying something and doing something... again, perspective.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Tell ya what, you just keep fearing Christians and far right white men, k?

Kevin Swanson: Homosexuality Is 'The Catalyst By Which Nations Are Destroyed'

He speaks for himself and maybe a hundred more people.

The guy is a Religious Right radio host, LSU. Far beyond 'maybe a hundred more people' listen to him.

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

World Ignores Genocide In Central African Republic Because It’s Not ISIS & There’s No Oil

When the Seleka, a group of mostly Muslim rebels, led a successful coup in the Central African Republic in March 2013, one of the world’s poorest countries was plunged into turmoil as Christian militias targeted the nation’s minority Muslim population in what amounts to genocide.

Ethnic cleansing in Central African Republic, no genocide: U.N. inquiry

Christian militia in Central African Republic have carried out ethnic cleansing of the Muslim population during the country's ongoing civil war, but there is no proof there was genocidal intent, a United Nations commission of inquiry has determined.

Unspeakable horrors in a country on the verge of genocide

Militias in the Central African Republic are slitting children's throats, razing villages and throwing young men to the crocodiles. What needs to happen before the world intervenes?

Rights groups warn of ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Central African Republic

He cited "indiscriminate killings and massacres" and "shocking barbarity, brutality and inhumanity." He said he's "deeply distressed that nearly half a million Central Africans have been newly displaced since December alone. In all, 2.5 millions are in desperate need."

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You are acting offended, but why aren't you publicly speaking out about these Christians then? That's what conservative are demanding of Muslims. So fairs fair right?

Offended? No, I live my faith and lead by example

Pointing out hypocrisy doesnt = offended

We are public about speaking out, thats why you see tons of them counter protesting people like Westboro Baptist

Thats why you see them come out in force and fly from all over to comfort families in places like the Carolinas where a racist biggot shot up a black church

Thats why you see organizations like the Red Cross going to countries all over the world providing food and medical assistance

Thats why you see Tons of volunteers all over the world with Christian backgrounds going to some of the worst and most persecuted places on the planet to help....

Just saying....

I'm not saying that charities don't do a lot of good humanitarian things all over the world, but comparing the Red Cross to Christian missionaries is IMO, like comparing apples to oranges.

My wife's family is chocked full of devout Christians, many of whom perform missionary work abroad on a regular basis.

Just in the last five years, I can recall at least 4 different missionary trips to Guatemala, 3 trips to different parts of Africa and just last week, two of her cousins and their entire families left for the Canary Islands for an extended multi-year stay.

Here's the glitch, regardless of which denomination of Christianity sponsored their trips, each and every one of them heavily pressure the recipients of their charitable work to attend Bible classes that are presented to them by those same "missionaries."

Sometimes I wonder what the real "priority" of their "mission" is.

Are they going to these places to help people in need? Or, are they going there to promote their version of Christianity? Or, is this just another example of "never letting a good crisis go to waste?"

I don't usually find myself questioning the motives of the Red Cross, at least not in that fashion.

link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Most religious types do not see those parts of the text they live by as containing anything like stoning and hanging and beheading of those who don't believe the same thing the same way that they believe it.

People pick and choose what they want to practice, while spouting their book contains truth and the word of god.

Read the whole thing and one will find many things to not quite understand because in the same book it babbles that we should do unto others as we would have done unto us...

What is that?, Cognitive Dissonance?.

New testament, old testament, Torah, Quran, whatever...

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Because there's a whole other strain of crazy that thinks the same exact things except will cut your head off or burn you alive for not believing them. Kinda makes radical Christianity the lesser of two evils... which the idea of politics is essentially built on.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Religion is the absolute worst pace to find common ground.

It actually could be if you left the G word at the door.

Ahmed: 'I have prepared some lovely Halal meals for us to enjoy.'
Habib: 'that smells good Ahmed, I hope my kosher meal can make your mouth water as much as yours did mine. What do you have there Peter?'
Peter: 'It's just a little bread I'd like to break with my buddies'
Ahmed: 'that bread smells scrumptious Peter. Shall we eat?
Peter: 'before we do we need to give thanks to God...'

And that's where the common ground ends.

edit on 25-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
you even put it in quotes as though the mere existence of radical Christianity is dubious.

It isn't dubious, it does exist... just not at any levels of significance or import. There is no Supreme Leader of "radical Christianity." Here's where you're failing: Christians have opinions, just like everyone else does.

Crazy damn world these days.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Klassified

Point out generalizations towards Islamic people: BIGOTRY, RACISM, THREAD DELETED

Point out generalizations towards Christian people: QQ, CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE, GET OVER IT OMG

On this point we can somewhat agree. Right now, "bigotry" toward Muslims is being dealt with a little more harshly than that toward Christians. Staff has had to clamp down on it, because of the excesses. Though I wouldn't argue there's a bit of hypocrisy on the boards concerning this topic. I have tried to maintain consistency throughout. I don't give a pass to either.

Did you like that one about the cheese? Lol. Don't take these forums and debates too seriously Benny. It's not worth it. You'll just get a headache. This is for fun, research, and learning. It's a place we can let our hair down, say what we think within the T&C's, and hear what others think about what we think. Then let it all go. Some of the members I have respect for here, are those I may seldom agree with. That's ok. I'd still have a beer with them.
edit on 11/25/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   

"just not at any level of significance or import"

tell that to the lgbt folks. especially if cruz or Huckabee win this election.

link   

It isn't dubious, it does exist... just not at any levels of significance or import.

It's not significant or important that presidential contenders are included in the numbers of those whom are Radical Christian homophobes? Cruz gets elected...and there's your 'Supreme Leader.'

Think it's impossible? Think some more....

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join