It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christianity — Pastor Who Hosted GOP: Paris Victims 'Devil-Worshippers'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: Metallicus

Because Christians aren't going around massacring 100s of innocent people?

Christians Killing Muslims in Central Africa Republic

Africa's Christians Killing Gays

10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men

Christian Terror: 12 Examples Of Terrorism From The Right

Yes, There Are Christian Terrorists

Christians are a bunch of F****** RATS. Hiding behind the medias.

10 worst terror attacks by extreme Christians and far right white men??? Oh, and it's on a site called "alternet" and another called IfYouOnlyNews... It's hard not to buckle over in laughter. And the Daily Beast, really? Do you have anything from something other than a left wing entertainment site?

Alternet kept popping up ads about dating Arab women and went all the way back to stories involving spin from as far back as 1984. And they said that the boston bombers are considered white. Good God dude.

The author of the article on IfYouOnlyNews, Shannon Argueta, well let's take a look at her bio...
"Shannon is a married, mother of one and is a speck of blue in the extremely red state of Florida. She became involved in politics after becoming aware of how broken the immigration system is while trying to gain citizenship for her husband. She has a degree in Criminal Justice and is a proud, loud Liberal. In 2012 she volunteered with President Obama's reelection campaign. Join her on her Angry Liberal Bitch Facebook page."

Yeah, no spin there, whatsoever. That poor useless waste of a female went back to the 80's as well, and chose to list everyone that was either anti abortion or killed a black guy or a muslim looking guy. She was able to muster up 12 people that are white and killed someone that is either anti abortion or not white.

Tell ya what, you just keep fearing Christians and far right white men, k?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

"lol. you serious?"
You've been given the requested links. You've been directed to this man's video and audio pronouncements. And you still dismiss it as nonsense?

I think that no matter what we show you, you will refuse to acknowledge it. It is real. But -

You just don't get it, do you!? You don't.

edit on 11/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If I say so-and-so is a threat and needs to die, authorities would be called.

Those who say the Christian's are only using words and arent harming anyone need to think.

Words often lead to actions.

These Christians are told by their leaders to hate what's different. Its only a matter of time they use violent means to justify their 'holy war.'

It's no different from Islamic leaders calling us infidels in their 'holy war.'

They are using their words to dehumanize while playing the victim. With dehumanization comes death and preceived victimization comes justification for death.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Ethnic cleansing in Central African Republic, no genocide: U.N. inquiry

So yeah by all talk about Muslims and the radicals being a representation of the religion..does this mean these idiots represent Christianity?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Kevin Swanson: God Supports My Call to Kill Gays

Contains an audio tape....

Just in case you were in any doubt of how righteous anti-gay pastor Kevin Swanson is, last week he said that the Christian deity itself has voiced support for his recent “Kill the Gays” GOP presidential forum.

Speaking at his National Religious Liberties Conference earlier this month – an event attended by Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal – Swanson said he “is not ashamed of the gospel” which calls for the death of gay people.

Dude is a nutcase. He speaks for himself and maybe a hundred more people. With this being in the open now, do you think Cruz, Huckabee, and Jindal still support him? Do you think they feel the same as him? I mean, I'm willing to bet a billion dollars that none of those three would EVER advocate the murder of people that are gay. Would you be confident enough to take that bet?

Are you talking about in their hearts? Or, are you just talking about what they're willing to advocate in public?

If you're betting on their hearts, I just might take you up on that wager.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Tell ya what, you just keep fearing Christians and far right white men, k?

No one fears these guys..Well I don't.

I find them weak and cowardly living in fear all the time and trying to make the world just as scared as they are.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Its threads like these that attempt to divide and put people in boxes, once again generalizing a whole group of people

The thread is about the hate speech of a man whom three very high profile republican presidential candidates respect and have politically associated with. That man is very vocal about his wishes towards non-Christian and LGBT people up to and including death penalties.

If this thread is an attempt to "divide and put people in boxes", what do you think those four men are doing?

So how do you feel about obama's 20 year relationship with Jeremiah Wright or do you just pick and choose who to demonize over association?

What about it? Firstly, President Obama distanced himself from the reverend's semi-controversial statements. These GOP candidates are actively working with a pastor who currently believes in prosecution for LGBT people (and suggests the death penalty).

Show me where these candidates have come out and denounced Swan's stance on this.

Besides, Wright and Swan are nowhere near equals when it comes to sowing the seeds of hate. If you like, we can play a game. You quote Wright and I will top it with a quote from Swan. We can go back and forth until you understand the difference. No comparison.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

OH please,

Things have changed so much since I was young, we didn't know about homosexuals, they didn't talk about transsexuals, in the church,

I learned Jesus is love, and he who is without sin should cast the first stone.

There was talk of satan and hell, but there were no satanist at the time, so there was no talk of that.

Even as an adult I never attended a church that taught hate, once I attended a Lutheran church where a parishioner started attacking Buddhism, but I left due to that, he didn't understand the concept of westernized Buddhism.

Then at another church we had a march for Jesus that had Buddhist marching with us.

The forum is full of one upmanship,

but the Christian, blah blah, oh yeah, but the Muslims yada yada, it is the same old argument,

if a christian , or a Muslim, or, blm, or kkk is doing something wrong, they are all guilty and we should stop making excuses for their behavior.

Try and find some common ground and a solution.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That is a big difference to me.

1. While it may not always be with bullets and bombs (though sometimes as with the anti-abortion terrorists, it is) Radical Christians are harming far more people in this country.

2. Terrorism is a tactic of asymmetric warfare typically employed by a drastically inferior force that cannot wage conventional warfare. These Christian radicals don't need to resort to terrorism, they hold sway over politicians and thereby wield considerable influence in our government. Make no mistake about it, if somebody like Ted Cruz becomes commander-in-chief of the most awesome military force the world has ever known, the numbers of innocents killed could well be in the millions.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: stosh64

You saying the speeches and rallies are invented?

This isn't just us making crap up, stosh.
It is real, and it is happening. Please stop trying to sweep it under the rug as insignificant.

No, I am not saying they are invented. It is all how it is spun.

There is no difference between the right fear mongering ISIS and the left fear mongering radical Christians.

Society is plainly being manipulated into 2 opposing sides. And most are embracing the fear, hate and blame.

There was a thread recently where most posters agreed breaking up the U.S. between ideologies would be a good thing.

ISIS and Radical Christians are not what scares me, the hate being bred towards these groups by the populace is what is very disturbing.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There was a thread recently where most posters agreed breaking up the U.S. between ideologies would be a good thing.

Yeah, as I recall I was part of that, and suggested the idea myself at some point.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

The forum is full of one upmanship,

but the Christian, blah blah, oh yeah, but the Muslims yada yada, it is the same old argument,

if a christian , or a Muslim, or, blm, or kkk is doing something wrong, they are all guilty and we should stop making excuses for their behavior.

Try and find some common ground and a solution.

Exactly

Thank you stormdancer.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Sure except lobbying for hate will eventually lead to nutbars doing what they do..no different than radical Imams preaching their hate to radicalize their next nutbar.

It's all disgusting.
edit on 25-11-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Religion is the absolute worst pace to find common ground.

Religion itself is terrorism in a way, like telling some poor little kid who has no idea of the world that they will burn in hell forever if they don't read this silly book and pray to something that will not reveal itself no matter how often one may ask for proof of it's existence.

I remember....

Religion is a personal preference and doesn't really even belong here.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

To be frank I'm tired of seeing Paris related threads but you make a valid point.

Political campaigns don't discriminate when it comes to a donation and the donators ethics are never called into question. Yes free speech and all but if a campaigner was to receive a sizable donation from a Muslim then the entire twitterverse would mash on a keyboard till their fingers bled.However if a 'radical' christian leader did the same then bless his or her heart.

The fear and hate is at fever pitch and I hope that common sense prevails and that certain parties distance themselves from such extreme individuals for the sake of their campaign and the sake of politics as a whole.

edit on 25-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That's a falsehood. It's happening, but in a place that gets very little attention or press, The Central African Republic.

The ultra-violent anti-balaka Christian militia as slaughtered thousands of innocent Muslims -- sometimes entire villages, including young children -- with their long machetes.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

ISIS and Radical Christians are not what scares me, the hate being bred towards these groups by the populace is what is very disturbing.

Hmmm.
huh?

The HATE is coming from them.

They are breeding it. They are bringing backlash hatred on themselves. It's disturbing all right - no argument there.

Cruz, for example, said about the refugees "well, if they're Christians, we'll take them maybe."
That's not disturbing?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

By common ground, I mean on the forum, and as a member of humanity

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

So they agree in secret and everyone should just trust you, or, infiltrate a christian organization, gain their trust, and then find out the truth for myself when they start feeling comfortable around me. (Because secretly they are all just waiting for non-believers to leave the room so they can spout hate)

Again. Putting words in my mouth. No need to infiltrate anything. Here's an example for you...

Isn't that cute? Oops. Someone took video and posted it on youtube. Damn the luck.

Or I could just point out you've made a vague blanket statement with nothing to back it up.

Well see, that's the nice thing about the internet. If someone wants to know, they research. If they just want their bias confirmed, they throw mud against the wall until it sticks.

It's a throwaway comment that does nothing for the conversation and yet there are stars there on top of the comment instead of COMMENT REMOVED because the witch hunt is in full effect.

Need some cheese to go with that whine? Please. Report it. Let staff decide if it was on-topic. They know I will accept their judgement.

Back on topic, though. My original point was simple. Just like Christians, I think there are likely moderate muslims who also agree with the extremists. Fortunately, not all of them in either religion. Nevertheless...

edit on 11/25/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Metallicus

That's a falsehood. It's happening, but in a place that gets very little attention or press, The Central African Republic.

The ultra-violent anti-balaka Christian militia as slaughtered thousands of innocent Muslims -- sometimes entire villages, including young children -- with their long machetes.

The "No true Scotsman" argument.

I bet you 50 stars you will hear it in the next 10 posts.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Abysha because: Clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join