It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to add a Burka and Koran to our arsenal of survival gear?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paradeox
a reply to: Unity_99

Would you like to deport nuns too? They dress kinda extreme.

Nuns are not signing up for Daesh, they are not blowing themselves up, lopping heads off, raping young girls, throwing gays over bridges, selling sex slaves, and etc. etc. to infinity.

So why would you even make that comparison?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

Nuns are not signing up for Daesh, they are not blowing themselves up, lopping heads off, raping young girls, throwing gays over bridges, selling sex slaves, and etc. etc. to infinity.

As opposed to... all Muslims?
Painting with a broad brush again here?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Staying on topic, I would say there is little evidence of self identified Catholics currently committing terrorist acts against the Western world but there is plenty of evidence that self identified Muslims doing so.
For that reason I would suggest that a nuns costume is required less in our survival dressing-up bag than a burka is.
I think the idea of keeping a burka to hand is ridiculous of course, but a nuns costume well, slightly more ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Neither are 99.99% of the women who wear headscarves. So why would you make that comparison? Because you are being conditioned to support war and mass death of middle eastern people, and cause further problems in the west with racism and xenophobia, which creates more anger, hatred and division and lays the foundations for further atrocities, human rights abuses and erosion of civil liberties.
edit on 21-11-2015 by Paradeox because: Editing.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Even if so currently what purpose does it serve to adjust yourself to the madness it implies?
This week we need to carry a burka for safety just in case, next week a Christan cross or a Jewish cap?
I don't think this is anywhere near a solution to address the problems we face today.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Agreed, I've already stated I think the OP idea is ridiculous.
Terrorism is secular - as I have since been re-educated by ATS - Daesh is a completely secular organisation and recruits from all faiths and religions, it's just a coincidence that all its members are from a previously self identified Islamic background.
Spooky though isn't it, I wonder why Western Christians/atheists/Sikhs/Zoroastrians/etc don't seem to be members of that all inclusive terrorist group?

That said, it reinforces my belief that if the OP premise is correct then we should have trinkets of all religions about our person at all times, just in case.
You know, terrorism being something we should expect on Western streets from any and all religions, not just Islam, especially seeing as Daesh is deemed secular now by so many folk on ATS.
Just a coincidence all it's members come from an Islamic background...just a coincidence...
edit on 21.11.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Isn't it funny that we're discussing lying in order to survive and slamming taquia (spelling?) because it is used by the individual in order to survive.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is apparently fine to pretend to be a different religion whilst hiding guns under your disguising clothes but only if you're trying to survive. Sometimes. For some people, definitely not others.
I give up.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
doom on

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lying to survive is understandable, who wouldn't.
Regarding Muslims being allowed to lie about their faith or not though, its off topic as I was reminded by the OP, and I haven't slammed any Muslims for it in any case..
I actually couldn't care less what their imaginary god deems as appropriate behaviour. I am only concerned with what is appropriate behaviour, or course of action, when in the unlikely situation of dealing with terrorists who self identify as Muslims.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
What Daesh represents to radical/fundamentalist Muslims is the same as what radical/fundamentalist Jews regard as Zion in my opinion.
Both are willing to use terror to justify means to their cause and both are a threat to humanity.
Violence is not a solution to end this madness, because it's their way, which we don't want ourselves to resort to.
Only by dialogue and mutual understanding and respect can we ultimately find a solution to live side by side without killing each other.
History seems to repeat endlessly, so even without aforementioned parties, everything will return in some other form anyway and people probably will always be asking for a violent answer as a solution to a violent problem anyway.
In the end, is there a point to any of this?
Maybe I'm thinking to much and instead I should pick up arms and "fight the enemy" as I'm supposed to.

Cheers
edit on 21-11-2015 by Tyrion79 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Neither are 99.99% of the women who wear headscarves. So why would you make that comparison? Because you are being conditioned to support war and mass death of middle eastern people, and cause further problems in the west with racism and xenophobia, which creates more anger, hatred and division and lays the foundations for further atrocities, human rights abuses and erosion of civil liberties.

I didn't make the comparison (nuns being extreme because they cover their heads), I countered the comparison, and didn't break out the 'broad brush' as another poster suggested.

But this topic wouldn't even be discussed if the current wave of attacks were not hallmarked by 'Muslim' religious tests and massacres of those that fail that test.

Nuns don't do that either. That comparison is VALID.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Isn't it funny that we're discussing lying in order to survive and slamming taquia (spelling?) because it is used by the individual in order to survive.

You've missed the point since i was the one who brought it up..let me explain.

In my opinion it is ok to lie, cheat and pretend in times of need, like saying yeah i'm a muslim to a terrorist holding a gun ESPECIALLY because muslims are taught to do the same, and they are more experienced than we are, they read about it often, etc etc.

When i stated that, muslim people commented and said that is not true and more people got involved so now we have a couple of pages of bickering. No biggie i think, except the OP doesn't like derailing and stuff.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79 Sounds like you are implying that Daesh is somehow associated with people who self identify as Muslims?
Surely you got the memo, that is frowned upon on ATS, Daesh is secular and recruits from all religions, just a coincidence that their members are all folk who self identify with the Islamic faith.

On-topic, I wonder why the OP singled out burka's and the Quran seeing as Muslims are allegedly not associated to Daesh.
In the name of equality and reason I would only support the OP if there were equal calls for Sikh turbans, lipstick for a quick Hindu Bindi dot on the forehead, and other religious trinkets in folks prep stores. Remember Daesh is secular apparently now so the threat could come from anywhere, not just Muslims...or maybe people just don't want to admit or face the fact that all Daesh members come from a self identified Islamic background, not Hindu/Sikh/Zoroastrian, just Muslim.

edit on 21.11.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

originally posted by: lakesidepark

As opposed to... all Muslims?
Painting with a broad brush again here?

I addressed you in my previous post as well...but to say it again...the current wave of attacks are exclusively from Islamic radicals....not nuns....

You said all Muslims....not me!

Typical FAIL of an argument, typical way to smear those whose opinions and statements of fact can't be countered.
FACT - current wave of attacks appear to be motivated by those following an Islamic ideology.
FACT - no nuns have been involved in, or have perpetrated any attacks.
FACT - a hallmark of these attacks is proclaiming allegiance to a Muslim god, and executing those that can't pass a test proving they follow that same religion.

Therefore, this topic, of whether it is wise to learn phrases of the Quran and to have a burka on hand to keep from being killed by extremist promoting themselves as Muslim.

The rest of what you assert I allude to is your own fabrication. Lie much?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So if not implying Muslims or all Muslims here, what exactly is your point, that you so eagerly want to come across with?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I think the point is that the OP only thought of survival supplies such as a burka and Quran, because there is no current need to hold stocks of Sikh turbans or Hindu saris. You surely understand that yes?

*Edit*
As a survival prep strategy I think it's silly and impractical, but the idea of pretending to survive, yep I get that totally.
I'd lie and swear allegiance to any imagined god if a gun was in my face, no problem,

edit on 21.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Tyrion79 Sounds like you are implying that Daesh is somehow associated with people who self identify as Muslims?
Surely you got the memo, that is frowned upon on ATS, Daesh is secular and recruits from all religions, just a coincidence that their members are all folk who self identify with the Islamic faith.

I don't know, I was under the impression that Daesh is the ideoligy behind ISIS in the sense of the land they want to reconquer, however point me to the appropriate sources if needed.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'll be AFK for a while and respond later if needed.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Daesh is just the Arabic acronym for Islamic state of whatever. It's the word Western society is drawing towards using now, because although DAISH in arabic stands for exactly the same thing as ISIS, apparently when spoken "daesh" sounds like an Arabic word for "trample/crush".
Social conditioning is all, same murderous savages who self identify with Islam.

*Edit*
This is an excellent read on the ISIS/DAESH thing: www.freewordcentre.com...

...and here is a recent msm story
edit on 21.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join