It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to add a Burka and Koran to our arsenal of survival gear?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
No joke, I was watching a show yesterday that had a security expert interview. He says any future travel to Europe, it may be prudent to memorize a few passages from the Koran in addition to your passport.

Interesting, why exactly in traveling to Europe?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I bet I can hide a lot of weapons under a burka. lol

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's irrelevant to me...
Well it is completely relevant to me when the only followers of this terrorist scum are people who identify with one particular religion.
It was relevant enough for you to present words from the Quran as possible use to anyone who faces these terrorists.
If the religion is irrelevant then why suggest quotes from the Quran as a tool in the box when encountering Daesh, why not words from the Bible?
Clearly there is a problem with Muslims being recruited by Daesh, yes Muslims, no other religion, so I cannot see how the religion is irrelevant.

What is relevant is educating people against ISIS and destroying the ideology as well as the perps.
Tell us something we don't already know. Perhaps specify a bit for clarity, what is relevant is educating MUSLIM people against Daesh. Nobody apart from Muslims is joining them, so don't imply it is a wider problem for people of other faiths, or indeed those with no faith, just Muslims.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Would you like to deport nuns too? They dress kinda extreme.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I appreciate everyones participation on this thread.

However, my intention wasnt to push it into the realm of a religious discussion. I understand where you are coming from grainofsand, but this isnt really the thread for it. Because the conversation has now degenerated into an argument, I would kindly suggest you message Charlie and argue privately. Only because I would like to stir this back on topic.

Thank you again for your participation, and I am more than happy to discuss the survival strategy issue. That was my intention in creating the thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

That's cool, I've said my piece.
On-topic, I think carrying a spare burkha or Quran in preps in a Western nation is a ridiculous idea while we have more risk of being knocked down by a bus compared to encountering terrorists.

That said, perhaps we should learn a few lines from all religious texts 'just in case' and maybe carry a Sikh turban as well, you know, as the mantra is that there is no link in any way between Daesh and Islam then why did you pick the Burkha and Quran in your OP?

Surely if as you say religion is irrelevant then we should have handy trinkets from all religions in our preps stores?
Why pick on Islam in the OP if religion is irrelevant?

I'll leave it at that because we both know the answer, it's just not PC to point it out.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Surah 1: Ayat 1-7

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

'Al-Hamdu lillahi Rabbil-'Aalamin
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds

'Ar-Rahmaanir-Rahiim
The Beneficent, the Merciful

Maaliki Yawmid-Diin
Owner of the Day of Judgement

'Iyyaaka na'-budu wa 'iyyaaka nasta-'iin
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help

'Ihdinas-Siraatal-Mustaqiim
Show us the straight path

Siraatal-laziina 'an-'amta 'alay him
The path of those whom Thou hast favoured

Gayril-magzuubi 'alay him wa laz-zaaalliin.
Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.

In case you ever need it.

Salam Alaikum.

Thanks, I was thinking to ask you about this the time I go to some hell hole place.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

From a purely survival point of view, your plan would only work if you wore a burka out at all times. If you pulled it on during some kind of terror attack, you'd be spotted trying to disguise yourself I would think?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

From a purely survival point of view, your plan would only work if you wore a burka out at all times. If you pulled it on during some kind of terror attack, you'd be spotted trying to disguise yourself I would think?
Agreed, and as the OP is in a 'safe' Western nation the next question is would they carry that burkha when out having a meal with friends, or at a music concert?

I wonder does the OP advocate for citizens in major European nations to carry such religious trinkets on their person when they go out for the evening? It all seems a bit ridiculous to me, but then I'm not living in fear of violence from people who expect me to read the Quran or my daughter to cover her face.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
i just wouldn't want to stand out in the United states wearing a Burka and Koran or face mask

Really? American's are like religious lite, or Diet religion..hehe Except for an extremely small number most religious people in America are kind of religious. Try and compare us to the Muslims who live their religion 25/7, a thing that leads their every waking moment and you just might understand what it is like in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hmmmmm. No

I think not. I will not impersonate them or deny Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ) to these POS scum even to save my life.

Their goal:

You will not have safety, even in your dreams, until you embrace Islam."

So, I will in No Way Ever embrace Islam regardless if they are going to kill us or not.

John 16:2
“For they shall put you out from their assemblies, and the hour will come when everyone who would kill you will think that he presents an offering to God.”

Matthew 24:9
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Revelation 6:9
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

Revelation 20:4
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

edit on 21-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

You would not believe. I was following a guy and woman on a small motorcycle with a drone and when they stopped 3 small kids popped out of the women with a burka...hehe

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It might work in a crowded shopping centre I suppose, if you could be out of sight for a moment or two to pull it on. But then, you would be better to just keep walking if you could get out of sight.

It's an awful lot of cloth to carry about 'just in case'. I don't think it's going to work.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
It's an awful lot of cloth to carry about 'just in case'. I don't think it's going to work.
Agreed. I think it is a ridiculous idea for anyone living in a Western nation who does not suffer from irrational fear or panic attacks if they forget their religious disguise.
More chance of being knocked down by a bus, and I ask again why the OP is singling out the Islamic faith's religious trinkets if the ATS mantra is now that Daesh has nothing to do with religion and it's members are from all faith backgrounds?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: StoutBroux
This thread isn't about religion, it's about surviving in a hostile environment.
Okay, and drama queens in Western nations such as the US seriously considering learning Islamic phrases 'just in case' these (apparently non-Muslim lol) terrorists reach their shores.
You've more chance of being knocked down by a bus. Fear and silliness is how I see it but hey, just an opinion, means nothing.

I don't have any intention of learning ME language because I don't want to. It's a personal choice. I would choose to wear their style of clothing if I needed to.

Masquerade

Wherever they were stationed, The Ghost Army impersonated real units. They masqueraded as generals and set up phony command posts to deceive enemy spies.

"The people who came out of this unit is, in itself, a fascinating story," said Beyer.
www.voanews.com...

A great read of just some tactics in defeating the Germans in WWII.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Who needs to read a history of masquerades to know that pretending to be someone else if it is useful to survive is a useful tactic.
The OP is about carrying an Islam costume in case terrorists who might happen to identify with the Islamic faith are attacking our immediate area.

I stand by my points, and being strictly on-topic, I think it is a ridiculous idea to keep a spare burkha or Quran at hand 'just in case' religious extremists of the Islamic faith were to attack in a Western nation.
I also ask again why the OP singled out Islamic trinkets when the mantra on ATS is clearly that terrorism is not defined to Islam. So from that PC point of view one should carry trinkets of all religious faiths just in case, Christian crosses, Sikh turbans, red lipstick to plant a quick Bindi dot on the forehead in case of extremist Hindu's?

The whole idea is ridiculous, but why Islam has been picked on in the OP I cannot imagine since being corrected by the PC crowd on ATS, Daesh has no links to any religion, obviously, they recruit from all faiths...don't they?

*Edit*
A very interesting read at the link though, nice one

edit on 21.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: misskat1

You would not believe. I was following a guy and woman on a small motorcycle with a drone and when they stopped 3 small kids popped out of the women with a burka...hehe

I'm not sure if I'm more disturbed by the fact you're following people with drones as to the three kids popping out of a burka.
This world keeps on getting weirder...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

I'm not sure if I'm more disturbed by the fact you're following people with drones as to the three kids popping out of a burka.

It was not in the US hehe

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Tyrion79

It was not in the US hehe

I still can't stop laughing about this, sorry no offense to anyone. Thank you, this just made my day lol

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I wonder why the OP is asking only about women and the burka, would it not be prudent to also suggest us males carry a nice cap, and matching dress for our trousers like this guy:
Link to purchase this Islamic attire.
...you know, just in case?

Perhaps I should look into this, maybe a fake beard as well:

I reckon if we kit ourselves out right then we are safe as houses.
Now, to look for religious trinkets other than from the Islamic faith, seeing as the mantra on ATS is that terrorism is secular and no religion attracts killers any more than any other does.
edit on 21.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join