It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups want students who say “All Lives Matter” punished and re-educated

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
This falls into the same realm of many liberals wanting those critical of global warming to be legally prosecuted

Silence the opposition, I'm not saying all of them feel this way by any means

But it looks like to me we are going Down a very dark road

However, when it comes to policy, it is logically fallacious and actually morally irresponsible to equate a side that is extremely well supported by evidence (anthropogenic climate change) with one that is not (climate change is not real or humans aren't impacting it). It's even more dangerous to refuse to take necessary action when climate change will affect everyone, not just the deniers.

My opinion.... you were working on a decent set of logic and thought process until you (perhaps unintentionally or by being misinformed) mentioned "anthropogenic climate change".

I will not pretend to speak to your intentions but you seem to ignore the Vostok Ice Core which shows that temperature increases came BEFORE carbon increases.

I don't fault you for having opinions but I do fault you for making accusations against others, essentially calling people "dangerous," because they have not limited themselves to the specific set of data that you choose to entertain.

And you, in turn, ignore the reality that climate change experts have analyzed naturally occurring climate cycles, including from things such as sun cycles, and determined that there is a large portion of the current climate change that cannot be accounted for by natural cycles nor already assessed variables that contribute naturally. This has been stated over and over again, and people (not you necessarily here) keep on bringing up natural or already occurring trends.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

That is because ONLY whites can be racist!!

I find black people and brown people more racist (i use the word brown because here in Canada its what is preferred)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Sorry, but that cartoon is a crock. The college student that started this crap is the son of a multi-millionaire. Everything he wants, he can buy. No one in my family every had that sort of benefit.

My immigrant ancestors weren't given anything. They worked very hard for all they had. The house my grandfather bought, he saved and paid cash for. No one handed him a position based on his skin color, or his family. He earned everything he had, and he was never rich. Same for all of my family, both sides. My son isn't in college, because he can't afford it, and we don't have the fun to send him. Yet this spoiled brat wants to whine and claim he's "oppressed" because of his skin color? All these college kids are in college, and most have parents paying their way, who can afford it, or got in based on their skin color. White privilege, my eye!

I have family members that have been harassed by police, for nothing but being there. Same son as above was stopped for walking at night, to work, because a criminal was in the area. Family members have been turned down for loans, because they didn't have the right credit.

People are sick of the excuses. There was a time when there was actual racism against blacks, on an institutional scale, but that time passed decades ago. Instead of whining and pretending it's still happening, these kids need to shape up, grow up, and make something of themselves. What they don't need to do is demand that everyone coddle them because "racism". What they definitely don't need to do is act like racists in the process.

(sarcasm)Now I have to go off and pout somewhere because I don't feel safe, and I am oppressed, since they didn't list my race in the demands as protected. (/sarcasm)

thats really awesome that you claim to have gone through life having an experience similar to someone who is a minority in america. really i do applaud you that must be a tough feat for someone who is not actually a minority. however lets talk about the MAJORITY race in america. im sure there are quite a number of individuals who have no clue what it feels like to have to deal with certain aspects of life in the opposite color of skin...and as i said earlier the fact that there is "underhanded racism" happening today. since being out in the open as a racist (kkk) is no longer the accepted form of racism. people have toned it down and wont even openly state why it is that they are not hiring mr (insert minority name) vs mr. (insert majority) name. and then it continues. and gets worse. and things boil over because of the frustration over the attitudes of those who are the majority who feel its ok to treat minority groups unfairly in an underhanded way and then go on to act like "oh i have no idea why these people are protesting. why are they making a big deal. there is no such thing as racism in todays society compared to 1950."
YEAH. EFFIN. RIGHT.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Holy mother of ### could it get any more messed up?

Just wait 2016 will start looking like this -

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
University is supposed to be a place where ideas get challenged and you grow as a person. This is where you get exposed to new ideas and learn to think for yourself.

Throwing a tantrum because someone says something that makes you uncomfortable does not belong in a university.

I sincerely hope that whoever is in charge of this institution stands up for free speech.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Of course that cartoon is a complete crock!!!

The person who posted (apparently) had no thoughtful insight to add to the discussion. Rather, he/she provided a comic (a one-sided, baseless comic at that) which attempted to shut down rational discussion. It is what some people do when they don't have any facts, figures or even philosophical arguments to support their position.

Exactly right! Lots of nonsensical rhetoric, labeling the opposition, and tossing out stuff like that cartoon, as though that was evidence, is typical for many.

Love the avatar, btw...and your posts have the "voice" to go along ith it, when I read them!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
This falls into the same realm of many liberals wanting those critical of global warming to be legally prosecuted

Silence the opposition, I'm not saying all of them feel this way by any means

But it looks like to me we are going Down a very dark road

However, when it comes to policy, it is logically fallacious and actually morally irresponsible to equate a side that is extremely well supported by evidence (anthropogenic climate change) with one that is not (climate change is not real or humans aren't impacting it). It's even more dangerous to refuse to take necessary action when climate change will affect everyone, not just the deniers.

My opinion.... you were working on a decent set of logic and thought process until you (perhaps unintentionally or by being misinformed) mentioned "anthropogenic climate change".

I will not pretend to speak to your intentions but you seem to ignore the Vostok Ice Core which shows that temperature increases came BEFORE carbon increases.

I don't fault you for having opinions but I do fault you for making accusations against others, essentially calling people "dangerous," because they have not limited themselves to the specific set of data that you choose to entertain.

And you, in turn, ignore the reality that climate change experts have analyzed naturally occurring climate cycles, including from things such as sun cycles, and determined that there is a large portion of the current climate change that cannot be accounted for by natural cycles nor already assessed variables that contribute naturally. This has been stated over and over again, and people (not you necessarily here) keep on bringing up natural or already occurring trends.

Please define "climate change expert"

Please direct me towards computer models (which seems to be the crux of the "evidence") that show a "with naturally occurring climate cycles" versus "without naturally occurring climate cycles"

Please define the criteria of "naturally occurring climate cycles"... are these "cycles" based on decades... centuries... millennia...?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
thats really awesome that you claim to have gone through life having an experience similar to someone who is a minority in america. really i do applaud you that must be a tough feat for someone who is not actually a minority. however lets talk about the MAJORITY race in america. im sure there are quite a number of individuals who have no clue what it feels like to have to deal with certain aspects of life in the opposite color of skin...and as i said earlier the fact that there is "underhanded racism" happening today. since being out in the open as a racist (kkk) is no longer the accepted form of racism. people have toned it down and wont even openly state why it is that they are not hiring mr (insert minority name) vs mr. (insert majority) name. and then it continues. and gets worse. and things boil over because of the frustration over the attitudes of those who are the majority who feel its ok to treat minority groups unfairly in an underhanded way and then go on to act like "oh i have no idea why these people are protesting. why are they making a big deal. there is no such thing as racism in todays society compared to 1950."
YEAH. EFFIN. RIGHT.

Did you hear a "whoosh" as the point flew over your head, or was it too high?

How about we stop making everything about race, and start making things about individuals, and personal responsibility, and, oh, yeah, facts?

You can stop pretending that only this or that group sees racism, too, because everyone knows that isn't true. I have seen racism at work. I have seen racism in neighborhoods. I have seen racism in school. Every single time I saw it, it was directed at a white person. Every single time.

We all see racism in hiring quotas and affirmative action, and in schools lowering standards, and even changing grades, to appease certain groups. We see it in businesses that are unwilling to fire a bad employee, because the bad employee isn't white, and the business doesn't want a lawsuit. We see it when minority employees get the promotion, because no one wants to be called racist for giving it to the white guy, even if he's more qualified. That's even in the military these days.

The problem attitude is from some members (by no means all) of minorities that want to pretend it's the 1950's, and claim all sorts of oppression, even though they have seen none, and act like the exact sort of racists they claim they are against. It's very unfair, it's definitely underhanded, and it's frankly sickening. Feigned outrage against anyone pointing this out isn't going to fly, either. Too many people are sick of this nonsense. People are disgusted by the racist attacks such as at the Dartmouth library. People are sick of the self=centered attitudes such as from the Mizzou students complaining that over one hundred deaths was some sort of anti-black conspiracy. People are beyond sick of the crimes, such as the "knockout game", or "polar bear hunting", etc.

I never claimed there was "no racism" today; I stated that there is more from non-whites than from whites. More and more people are starting to admit to this. More and more are realizing that excusing racism because of past racism isn't a good move. Sorry that bothers you so much, but I won't pander to nonsense.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
Some of the "demands" are not out of line, however the way they are going about to achieve the end is just over the top. Sports athletes are going to school on scholarships, therefore if they do not play they should be sent packing without the option to return. The scholarships should go to students interested in an education.

They are not?... Their demands revolve around making white people guilty just for being white... And to vilify anyone who dares say that ALL LIVES DO MATTER...

These students want to punish any "perceived" comments which they may take as racially motivated, even when they are not. They want to not only monitor, but censor speech they "deem" as inappropiate. This includes anyone who dares not bow to their left wing demands and sensibilities...
edit on 16-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Somebody just needs to ignore these idiots. I'm sick of hearing about it and arguing with other idiots about "ALL LIVES MATTER". Martin Luther King, Cesar Chavez and hundreds of others didn't spend their lives striving for equality for some 21 year old KIDS (because lets face it, these are not adults- but children whom haven't faced actual world problems like living on their own or maintaining jobs to survive or struggling to find needs to feed a family). Racism is EVERYWHERE. Its a sickness that some have, and some don't. And as a human being, when you come across it, your ability to respond to it and how you respond to it is what matters. By segregating themselves by stating "blacklivesmatter" or "blackyouthmatters" (WHICH really gets my goat), then they are APART OF THE PROBLEM. And it DRIVES ME INSANE.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Haha Awesome video!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Hmmm, Amherst is regarded as one of the best universities in the US?, at least that is what i read on wikipedia.nl
If these are the finest students,....

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

YEAH. EFFIN. RIGHT.

How about we stop making everything about race, and start making things about individuals, and personal responsibility, and, oh, yeah, facts?

You can stop pretending that only this or that group sees racism, too, because everyone knows that isn't true. I have seen racism at work. I have seen racism in neighborhoods. I have seen racism in school. Every single time I saw it, it was directed at a white person. Every single time.

We all see racism in hiring quotas and affirmative action, and in schools lowering standards, and even changing grades, to appease certain groups. We see it in businesses that are unwilling to fire a bad employee, because the bad employee isn't white, and the business doesn't want a lawsuit. We see it when minority employees get the promotion, because no one wants to be called racist for giving it to the white guy, even if he's more qualified. That's even in the military these days.

The problem attitude is from some members (by no means all) of minorities that want to pretend it's the 1950's, and claim all sorts of oppression, even though they have seen none, and act like the exact sort of racists they claim they are against. It's very unfair, it's definitely underhanded, and it's frankly sickening. Feigned outrage against anyone pointing this out isn't going to fly, either. Too many people are sick of this nonsense. People are disgusted by the racist attacks such as at the Dartmouth library. People are sick of the self=centered attitudes such as from the Mizzou students complaining that over one hundred deaths was some sort of anti-black conspiracy. People are beyond sick of the crimes, such as the "knockout game", or "polar bear hunting", etc.

I never claimed there was "no racism" today; I stated that there is more from non-whites than from whites. More and more people are starting to admit to this. More and more are realizing that excusing racism because of past racism isn't a good move. Sorry that bothers you so much, but I won't pander to nonsense.

interesting. so since you are so aware of racism toward your group of people it would seem to me that you ought to realize how it doesnt feel too good eh?

if you havent seen jane elliots "brown eye/blue eye experiment" i recommend you watch it. it basically demonstrates how humans who are part of a dominant group feel when they have to act as though they are now the minority group. its just like flipping the script. here is the video for your viewing pleasure right on youtube!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

There's a Vid for that as well -

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

And this sadistic woman used 6 year old kids in an Experiment turning them against one another?

I dunno about anyone else but this old hag gives me the creeps, nasty ass energy flowing out of that one.

and upon watching more, it's pretty much all crap. They're assuming all white people are in higher positions than other coloured races and somehow automatically racist. If that were really true, do you think the President of the USA who is black would be there? Obviously the majority of whites voted for him in 2008. Duh. I think there is an agenda here, now and it's getting so far out of hand that white people are led to believe they have to roll on the ground an ask forgiveness for slavery when they had nothing to do with it in the past. The past is gone, in fact racism in the USA has gotten worse under their 'black' President.

Personally i feel there is a group 'we all know who they are' who wishes to change hands and thus Isis has been born to take over and voila suddenly in the past few years white people are suddenly evil. This old bag needs to get her head out of the 60's and realise things have changed.

Also Multiculturism does not work. You can't shove a bunch of people into a group and say MAKE IT WORK RIGHT NOW. Doesn't happen folks. I'm not the first one to say this and i certainly won't be the last. It has nothing to do with racism at all, it has to do with how people are, and have always been.
edit on 11/17/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ConMi27

hey
thx made me laugh too.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I wish these schools would NUT UP and just expel these cry bullies, if they protest arrest them for trespassing as they're no longer students.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

We should be able to be honest and acknowledge that many of those that yell "all lives matter" are simply sticking their heads in the sand so they do not have to deal with the issue of systemic racism.

In order to be honest and acknowledge it, you may have to prove it first.

Fair enough, but did the people that clinged-on to the ALM bandwagon take the time to look in to police brutality and the statistics before they denounced BLM?

Sadly, many did not. Those that did and are honest with themselves have noticed that the statistics overwhelmingly show that we really need to have a discussion about police and race. ALM derailed that process and takes away the attention we do need to focus on ensuring the all lives, including those of black people, really do matter.

So....ALM doesn't have the same rights to their beliefs and a movement, as BLM ?

Just because BLM insults and dismisses them....you agree and label ALM as "derailing" and "taking away attention from my favorite movement".

What if they're not doing those things that you claim ? What if I think that BLM is the only aggressive hater of another movement ?

Is there a rule book that says your opinions are correct, and mine are not ?

Do you not see that your position of "everything I say is right, and everything you say is wrong".....is the absolute basis of the insanity ?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Time discerns whether a particular life mattered of not. Very few do, very few ever will. Ego screams otherwise in each of us.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

YEAH. EFFIN. RIGHT.

interesting. so since you are so aware of racism toward your group of people it would seem to me that you ought to realize how it doesnt feel too good eh?

if you havent seen jane elliots "brown eye/blue eye experiment" i recommend you watch it. it basically demonstrates how humans who are part of a dominant group feel when they have to act as though they are now the minority group. its just like flipping the script. here is the video for your viewing pleasure right on youtube!

It's telling that you need to reference a study of a handful of people. That's what racism is reduced to today. What you protesters are complaining about is the last crumbs of racism, which is probably that part of human behavior that can't be changed. But that won't ever stop people from pretending that they are saving the world from the racism scourge.

I read something funny today. About how in the 80's-90's when the Berlin wall fell, all the little progressives at American universities lost their whole identity. They desperately had to manufacture something to be outraged about. So the switched from being communists to being warriors against "white privilege". Had to invent it out of whole cloth, to fight it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join