It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups want students who say “All Lives Matter” punished and re-educated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is Marxism

Lolololololololol

Must be crowded under the bed

Let them go
Let them take as many soles with them
As they can

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Cliven Bundy.

Sorry, I may have gotten too esoteric with that post. "BLM" is the Bureau of Land Management. That is what BLM has always stood for and what it always will stand for where I'm concerned. The rest of this garbage represents just one more fleeting movement that should really be ignored with great prejudice until it too goes away and is never heard from again. America needs to learn a lesson they've never been very good at learning: There comes a time when arguing, debating, and discussing should come to an end and complete and total ostracism, complete with fully ignoring the tantruming group, needs to be applied. #BlackLivesMatter has reached that apex... Henceforth, BLM will return to being the Bureau of Land Management and the protesters at Mizzou will resume being little more that whiny children who have a great deal of maturing to do before their opinions and thoughts are even remotely worthy of being considered "relevant."

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Fair enough, but did the people that clinged-on to the ALM bandwagon take the time to look in to police brutality and the statistics before they denounced BLM?

Sadly, many did not. Those that did and are honest with themselves have noticed that the statistics overwhelmingly show that we really need to have a discussion about police and race. ALM derailed that process and takes away the attention we do need to focus on ensuring the all lives, including those of black people, really do matter.

I'm not sure hashtags have anything to do with police brutality and racism. A discussion is a discussion, not a hashtag movement. If choosing a hashtag is a necessary requirement to acknowledge police brutality and racism, I think we might have to get some priorities straight first. I agree that starting with the facts is a good idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
As a multicultural woman I think this stupidity needs to end. These Crybullies are certainly living up to their name. Not only do I think all lives matter I think there needs to be some more multiculturalism around these Crybullies.

Who comes up with these demands? They are so stupid I'm ashamed for them. It's freedom of speech that allows their stupidity. Too bad there isn't a place to go and learn about the rights being an American citizen ... Oh yeah

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Fair enough, but did the people that clinged-on to the ALM bandwagon take the time to look in to police brutality and the statistics before they denounced BLM?

Did the BlackLivesMatter bandwagon riders take that time?
libertynews.com...

In 2012, according to the CDC, 140 blacks were killed by police. That same year 386 whites were killed by police. Over the 13-year period from 1999 to 2011, the CDC reports that 2,151 whites were killed by cops — and 1,130 blacks were killed by cops

If they did, they sure don't indicate it based on them focusing on the plight of the group with nearly half the police-caused deaths...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Why not just give each student and faculty member of color a white slave and call it even. Surely they would be content with that.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Agreed. We should look at the facts before dismissing or agreeing with any cause.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

It goes well beyond just deaths, Ott6. But if you look at the stats you just provided, the number of blacks killed by police is well over their population ratio. Should we also talk about incarceration rates?

I believe you are highlighting my point in that we are not willing to put these things in to proper perspective before we dismiss them.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: theantediluvian

... The date of 1776 is when the United States officially became a nation, and when the Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4th 1776.

The thirteen states also adopted in 1776, alongside the nation, Bills of Right in which Freedom of speech is specified as a right of every individual. That's why they included that specific date...

Wow. That is absolutely not true. What became the Bill of Rights went through Congress in 1789 and wasn't finally ratified by the requisite number of states until 1791.

That's where you're factual wrong.

Beyond that, what people think of today when they think "freedom of speech" was in no way an automatic guarantee of the First Amendment and took more than another century and a half of struggle and SCOTUS rulings to get to where it is today. You might care to read up on the topic and you might want to start with The Sedition Act which said among other things that it was a crime to:

To write, print, utter or publish, or cause it to be done, or assist in it, any false, scandalous, and malicious writing against the government of the United States, or either House of Congress, or the President, with intent to defame, or bring either into contempt or disrepute, or to excite against either the hatred of the people of the United States, or to stir up sedition, or to excite unlawful combinations against the government, or to resist it, or to aid or encourage hostile designs of foreign nations.

It was used to arrest among others, newspaper publishers who supported Jefferson for President.

Depressing.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Can we just say that all lives matter, just some lives matter more?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I know what the BLM is, but have no idea what the "Utah Standoff" is all about. BTW, it's ok, it's just a bit confusing as I haven't heard anything about a Utah standoff.

This movement is not only occurring in Missouri. This same thing is happening in other Universities across the U.S. in which sections of students want to control all others in the name of "sensitivity".

Mizzou, Yale and Free Speech

NOV. 11, 2015

On university campuses across the country, from Mizzou to Yale, we have two noble forces colliding with explosive force.

One is a concern for minority or marginalized students and faculty members, who are often left feeling as outsiders in ways that damage everyone’s education. At the University of Missouri, a black professor, Cynthia Frisby, wrote, “I have been called the N-word too many times to count.”

The problem is not just racists who use epithets but also administrators who seem to acquiesce. That’s why Mizzou students — especially football players — used their clout to oust the university system’s president. They showed leadership in trying to rectify a failure of leadership.
Tai represented the other noble force in these upheavals — free expression. He tried to make the point, telling the crowd:The First Amendment protects your right to be here — and mine.

www.nytimes.com...

Yale's Idiot Children

What is happening in Missouri is not a localized problem. This is happening across the nation and these kids want to force everyone to bow to their left leaning ideologies.

edit on 16-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

edit on 16-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

edit on 16-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that if a large group made up entirely of white people went around saying "black lives matter" with honesty and conviction, there would still be a problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There is information being reported that George Soros has helped with the funding of BlackLivesMatter. And thinking about it is a possibility that OccupyWallStreet, NoBorders, BlueLivesMatter and other radical movements that seem to spring up from nowhere have also been financed by this man and his associates.

That is why I am distrustful of these rabble crowds and they do not have my support because by doing so is playing into the manipulation of George Soros. It is a double edge sword because if I do not support these kind of social media movements I would be accused of supporting 'the enemy' and being labelled either as a racist, a terrorist sympathiser or a xenophobe. In the current climate of fear, shaming others and in the over sensitive socio-political bat poop crazy arena one would be inclined to support one of them if not all to avoid social stigma.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
I was thinking a large group of clearly mixed people going around saying ALL LIVES MATTER would put a stop to this.

edit on 16-11-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Wow. That is absolutely not true. What became the Bill of Rights went through Congress in 1789 and wasn't finally ratified by the requisite number of states until 1791.

I am thinking you just want to argue for the sake of argument. Notice i used the word adopted...

Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776, Declaration of Rights

Another Bill of rights adopted in 1776...

The Virginia Declaration of Rights

The Delaware Bill of Rights of 1776...

The Delaware Bill of Rights of 1776

Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776.

PENNSYLVANIA'S CONSTITUTION: A BRIEF HISTORY

So on, and so forth. Stop jumping to conclusions just for the sake of trying to make an argument and read what people actually write please. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We should be able to be honest and acknowledge that many of those that yell "all lives matter" are simply sticking their heads in the sand so they do not have to deal with the issue of systemic racism.

Maybe people yell 'all lives matter' simply because they do.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Where is Cointelpro when we need 'em?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
...and people in Hell want ice water. I am reminded of the Rolling Stones lines "You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find...You get what you need."

What these twits need is a dose of reality. Amherst College is purported to be an educational institute but apparently is lacking.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: introvert

Did the BlackLivesMatter bandwagon riders take that time?
libertynews.com...

In 2012, according to the CDC, 140 blacks were killed by police. That same year 386 whites were killed by police. Over the 13-year period from 1999 to 2011, the CDC reports that 2,151 whites were killed by cops — and 1,130 blacks were killed by cops

If they did, they sure don't indicate it based on them focusing on the plight of the group with nearly half the police-caused deaths...

But...but...but...

Hey! Stop being rational and bringing statistics to the argument that do not support our movement.

That's NOT FAIR!

Actually, in all fairness... Whites make up approximately 72% of the US pop.

Blacks make up approximately 12 - 13% of the US pop.

That could have something to do with the rate of deaths per race.

I still don't agree with what they are standing for.... ALL LIVES DO MATTER.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Mao + Red Guard = Obama + current set of student "protesters"

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Some of the "demands" are not out of line, however the way they are going about to achieve the end is just over the top. Sports athletes are going to school on scholarships, therefore if they do not play they should be sent packing without the option to return. The scholarships should go to students interested in an education.
edit on 11/16/2015 by DJMSN because: correction

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join