It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups want students who say “All Lives Matter” punished and re-educated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am sure everyone has heard about the demands these left wing students are making, but has anyone actually posted their demands and what it actually means if they are followed?

Let's look at their "demands"...

By Alex Thomas

AMHERST, Mass. (INTELLIHUB) — Hard left authoritarians at Amherst College have issued a series of demands, under the threat of civil disobedience, that include the complete end of free speech on campus as well as extensive re-education for offenders.

1. President Martin must issue a statement of apology to students, alumni and former students, faculty, administration and staff who have been victims of several injustices including but not limited to our institutional legacy of white supremacy, colonialism, anti-black racism, anti-Latinx racism, anti-Native American racism, anti-Native/ indigenous racism, anti-Asian racism, anti-Middle Eastern racism, heterosexism, cis-sexism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, ableism, mental health stigma, and classism. Also include that marginalized communities and their allies should feel safe at Amherst College.

2. We demand Cullen Murphy ‘74, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, to issue a statement of apology to students, alumni and former students, faculty, administration, and staff who have been victims of several injustices including but not limited to our institutional legacy of white supremacy, colonialism, anti-black racism, anti-Latinx racism, anti-Native American racism, anti-Native/ indigenous racism, anti-Asian racism, anti-Middle Eastern racism, heterosexism, cis-sexism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, ableism, mental health stigma, and classism.

3. Amherst College Police Department must issue a statement of protection and defense from any form of violence, threats, or retaliation of any kind resulting from this movement.

4. President Martin must issue a statement of apology to faculty, staff and administrators of color as well as their allies, neither of whom were provided a safe space for them to thrive while at Amherst College.

5. President Martin must issue a statement to the Amherst College community at large that states we do not tolerate the actions of student(s) who posted theAll Lives Matter posters, and the Free Speech posters that stated thatin memoriam of the true victim of the Missouri Protests: Free Speech.Also let the student body know that it was racially insensitive to the students of color on our college campus and beyond who are victim to racial harassment and death threats; alert them that Student Affairs may require them to go through the Disciplinary Process if a formal complaint is filed, and that they will be required to attend extensive training for racial and cultural competency.

6. President Martin must issue a statement of support for the revision of the Honor Code to reflect a zero-tolerance policy for racial insensitivity and hate speech.

7. President Martin must release a statement by Friday, November 13th, 2015 by 5:00pm that condemns the inherent racist nature of the unofficial mascot, the Lord Jeff, and circulate it to the student body, faculty, alumni, and Board of Trustees. This will be followed up by the encouraged removal of all imagery including but not limited to apparel, memorabilia, facilities, etc. for Amherst College and all of its affiliates via a phasing out process within the next year.

www.intellihub.com...

So,to sum it up President Martin has to apologize for being white, and people who say anything that these people can view as "racially motivated", such as saying "all lives matter" will not be tolerated according to their demands. But also anyone who says such a phrase will be forced to go through re-education for being racists...

Those are the kind of demands these people want. What these protesters are demanding is fascism. It isn't "social justice" as they claim.

Since when saying "all lives matter" means being a racist against anyone?...

I am Hispanic myself, and this to me is simply a fascist movement that want people to bow to their left-wing, fascist doctrine.

Yes, there is still racism, even I have experienced it, but this is no excuse to demand for people to be re-educated when they say a phrase which is obviously not racist at all. There are already laws that deal with racially motivated crimes.

The "freedom of speech of a few" is being used to force the demands of a section of the population on the rest. That's what these students are doing.

edit on 16-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

edit on 16-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This falls into the same realm of many liberals wanting those critical of global warming to be legally prosecuted

Silence the opposition, I'm not saying all of them feel this way by any means

But it looks like to me we are going Down a very dark road

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This stinks to high heaven. I imagine a radical community organizer is stirring the pot to accomplish some agenda and these gullible ideological bored students see a "cause" that gives them an excuse to misbehave and act out their anger issues.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

But all lives DO matter.

Or is feeling for the victims of ISIS wrong? Is feeling for the people that die every day wrong?

Don't all lives matter?

My life matters. The lives of my family and friends matter.

Why should someone else's life matter more based on skin color?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Just an off the cuff remark without really thinking all that information through but,

What I took from your highlighted texts was that their lives are the only ones that matter.

Sorry, I guess I need to be re-educated but, do all lives not matter anymore?

Theirs included.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I can't figure out which group is more delusional — the idiots who think that using the threat of civil disobedience to pressure school officials into silencing other students is anything but an appeal for authoritarian rule — and by the way, no way to go about ending institutional anything — or the morons who think that free speech started in 1776.
edit on 2015-11-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I will not be paying to send my daughter to this school. I want her to receive the education she is paying for not a guilt complex. #MyDollarsMatter

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But all lives DO matter.

Or is feeling for the victims of ISIS wrong? Is feeling for the people that die every day wrong?

Don't all lives matter?

My life matters. The lives of my family and friends matter.

Why should someone else's life matter more based on skin color?

Now, now, Silly person. Stay right there...You need to be taken away for punishment and re-education..."CAN I GET SOME MUSCLE HERE???"

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ya this " I demand" stuff for every little thing is getting old.

But so is this my free speech is getting silenced when it clearly isn't.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't give a ***t what they say, ALL LIVES MATTER period.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

... The date of 1776 is when the United States officially became a nation, and when the Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4th 1776.

The thirteen states also adopted in 1776, alongside the nation, Bills of Right in which Freedom of speech is specified as a right of every individual. That's why they included that specific date...
edit on 16-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
All speech is free until you disagree with me.

This is the message these precious little darlings want to put out there.

If I'm the President? I tell 'em to shut the hell up, and get to class. Or, face expulsion.

OK, kiddies, the ball is in your court.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The doctrine being espoused here by this delusional illogical minority and somewhat promoted by an unscrupulous main stream media, appears to hold forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Announcing that "you're offended" is basically telling the world that you cannot control your own emotions so everyone else should do it for you.

Clearly "Education" and "knowledge" are at opposite ends of the learning spectrum.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
smh

Would dearly wish I'd see a news report that says something along the lines of:

"University officials have decided that due to the disruption of school operations and threats made against the University student body and staff, that all those involved are hereby expelled. You have 24 hours to remove yourself from the university campus, after which you'll be removed by force."

It's one thing to bring problems to light and try to get things fixed. Quite another to make outrageous demands and make everyone be the way you want them to be.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think both sides of this issue are wrong.

On one hand you have the idiots as discussed in the OP that want to ensure they have the most attention as possible and force their agenda down our throats.

But on the other, you have a large group of people that refuse to look at the real issue of systemic racism and so they denounce the BLM by saying "all lives matter".

We should be able to be honest and acknowledge that many of those that yell "all lives matter" are simply sticking their heads in the sand so they do not have to deal with the issue of systemic racism.

So while I don;t agree with what these people are doing, I can also see what the ALM people are doing and it is up to the individual to decide if one is even remotely better than the other.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

All they're doing is keepin' it real, yo.

Spoiled rotten, self entitled, little brats need a rude lesson in how the world really works.

The campus at Amhurst isn't the real world.

Over 25000 dollars a year tuition and fees. I'm guessing if some of these precious little flowers got expelled, parents would soon put a stop to it...

Wake up call, indeed.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened in the Utah standoff to make the Bureau of Land Management go off the rails and become the figureheads of mock racial injustice and manufactured outrage in America.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We should be able to be honest and acknowledge that many of those that yell "all lives matter" are simply sticking their heads in the sand so they do not have to deal with the issue of systemic racism.

In order to be honest and acknowledge it, you may have to prove it first.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Utah standoff? I am not even sure what that's all about, or if it has to deal with this topic.

What is/was this Utah Standoff you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

In order to be honest and acknowledge it, you may have to prove it first.

Fair enough, but did the people that clinged-on to the ALM bandwagon take the time to look in to police brutality and the statistics before they denounced BLM?

Sadly, many did not. Those that did and are honest with themselves have noticed that the statistics overwhelmingly show that we really need to have a discussion about police and race. ALM derailed that process and takes away the attention we do need to focus on ensuring the all lives, including those of black people, really do matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join